Author Topic: Name and wording of petition to remove the bailiff  (Read 3534 times)

Offline Adrian

Name and wording of petition to remove the bailiff
« on: May 11, 2008, 11:38:46 PM »
We the undersigned petition the Prime Minister to... To dismiss the Bailiff of Jersey Sir Phillip Bailhache on the grounds of unproffessional conduct becoming a servant of the British government, this the title I have thought of I don't know if its any good but its a start.

You also put details of your petition up to 1000 characters maximum.
Now if we do something this we must get the wording as perfect as possible for the title and petition, everyone is different but if the majority agree we should be on the right track.
It needs to be submited by someone using their real name, they must be someone here that is quite well known who could do this. This sort of thing works though mass support and a united front. This is just something you can sign from any computer so we do this and spread the word we should get enough people for the our real Chief Minister Gordon Brown to take notice and do something.

fryertucker

Re: Name and wording of petition to remove the bailiff
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2009, 04:58:38 AM »
Looking back now I cannot see why the Bailiff was attacked so much for his speech. The new Police officers have told us that Harper press statements were inaccurate so the coverage that followed were a smear of Jersey so maybe the Bailiff should now be vindicated. Or was he just a victim of political hatred all along?

Offline newmac

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2009, 12:15:32 PM »
His speech was inappropriate because he was supposed to be talking about the Islands liberation, not turning it into a political points scoring over the child abuse inquiry.

fryertucker

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2009, 12:18:37 PM »
Yes, but he was having ago at sensational media coverage and in hindsight the media were only going by 'inaccurate' press releases from Harper's team.

My argument is therefore in looking back were people too quick to condem the Bailiff?

Offline newmac

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2009, 12:26:21 PM »
It wasn't the right time or place to make that speech, he showed complete disrespect for people who lived through occupation.

That's why in my opinion he was condemned. It would have been the same if someone who supported the victims hijacked a liberation day speech.

fryertucker

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2009, 12:28:21 PM »
Well I just think some people really over reacted at the time and I still do not understand really why.  Some people did make a political meal of it and if we had known back then what we know now, his speech would have been better appreciated.

Offline newmac

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2009, 12:35:58 PM »
It doesn't matter if people over reacted or made political meal out of it, If he had made he same speech at a different time it wouldn't have offended so many people.

fryertucker

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2009, 12:47:38 PM »
Well people cannot carry on going on about it after all whats happened since Harper retired.

Offline newmac

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2009, 02:22:48 PM »
His speech had nothing to do with Lenny Harper, you obviously have a problem with Lenny Harper as you try and slag him off in the majority of your posts. Maybe you could let us know why :-\

rogueelement

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2009, 12:13:54 PM »
How absurd , how extremely bizarre that those who thought the xmas message from SS two years ago was exactly the right place to have his thoughts on how c*** everyone in the jersey states was, are the same people who think the Bailiff should behave in a noble and dignified fashion in the face of the onslaught jersey was facing from the puerile press.
I love democracy , shame some on here think democracy is what they want not what people vote for.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 01:13:35 PM by Mod 4 »