Author Topic: Downing street petition to remove Sir Philip Bailhache  (Read 18329 times)

Offline Adrian

Re: Downing street petition to remove Sir Philip Bailhache
« Reply #60 on: May 15, 2008, 12:31:55 AM »
Our bailiff doesn't realise what he is doing, he is digging a big hole for himself

Offline Deputy Dawg

« Reply #61 on: May 15, 2008, 01:03:57 AM »
I read the Bailiffs blog in the JEP Wed 14tyh May 2008, where he tries (I believe unsuccessfully) to convince the general public that

a) his and the chief ministers speech in condemnation of the media coverage of HDG was the correct time to be read on liberation day (as obviously child abuse has a great deal to do with liberation?????)

b) It was correct to invite the president of Funchal to the liberation day festivities as obviously the Madeirans give a hoot about the liberation of Jersey and where over here helping mop up the c**p once the Germans left. NOT.

I have never been a fan of the Bailiff, but his JEP Blog proves to me how inept and manipulative this man is. How dare he tell the people of Jersey what liberation day is for, how dare he try to change the meaning of liberation day and how dare he try to water it down to some day to invite foreigners to the liberation festivities who don't give a rats arse about the reason for this particular day.

I do remember when I was visiting Maderia in 1999 that the people of Madeira were really pi**ed off that a large house(s) had apparently been gifted to some visiting dignitaries (according to the local gossip back then), and at that time there were a couple of politicians and I believe the Bailiff visiting. I would love to find out if this was true or not, but I didn't stay long enough to find out if someone did get a property and if so who, but if anyone can delve into the 1999 archives, they should find out. Is this why the president of Funchal is now visiting?

Offline Bea

« Reply #62 on: May 15, 2008, 05:20:01 PM »
There are many "old boys" in high places, who have had expensive educations at places such as Charterhouse, Eaton and Harrow. Plenty of them are really quite unimpressive in the intelligence department considering the cost of their education.
They are not sent to these places for the  best education,but for the network opportunities that present in these circles .They go on to marry the sisters of their fellow network groups .One way to preserve the ruling elite.Money marries money and all that .Same for all those Debutantes balls,and more modern day equivalents.
The old boys networks are very powerful tool in maintaining their power and control .As are all the traditions they love to cling on to,it excludes outsiders from being allowed in.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 05:26:47 PM by Bea »

Offline newmac

« Reply #63 on: May 15, 2008, 05:55:32 PM »
They are not sent to these places for the  best education,but for the network opportunities that present in these circles .They go on to marry the sisters of their fellow network groups .One way to preserve the ruling elite.Money marries money and all that .Same for all those Debutantes balls,and more modern day equivalents.
The old boys networks are very powerful tool in maintaining their power and control .As are all the traditions they love to cling on to,it excludes outsiders from being allowed in.

Be like some community's, accept they just marry family members...

Offline demonic

« Reply #64 on: May 18, 2008, 01:49:55 PM »
Come on guys get off your butts and sign it.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/jerseytruth/

Offline rico sorda

• locked & loaded lets rock rsx
« Reply #65 on: November 13, 2011, 06:23:53 AM »
Delve back in history and marvel at what we can achieve in this beautiful island

He could be our Chief Minister next week you 17,000 odd silly people

rs

one ban away from oblivion rsx