Author Topic: Sir Philip: Why I refuse to send e-mails to Senator Syvret  (Read 11463 times)

Offline GeeGee

Re: Sir Philip: Why I refuse to send e-mails to Senator Syvret
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2009, 02:49:47 PM »
Which is more than Sen. Syvret managed; I was driving through town listening to the States discussing whether they would debate Dep. Southern's P.60 regarding the arrest of Sen. Syvret, and the Sen. in question was walking down the street. Now that's dedication to office! ::)

Wrong, wrong, wrong. Stuart Syvret was in the States when this was being discussed as another poster can probably confirm also.

I was there most of the day, so you cannot have seen SS at this time. Anything to knock him eh? Caught out this time!

ole razzy

« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2009, 03:38:46 PM »
Maybe, but are you implying when he was Bailiff or because he was Bailiff and were things better, or did they seem better?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1WcxRaMmIM

mpwpj

« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2009, 04:01:35 PM »
...so you cannot have seen SS at this time...
But I did. So either you're wrong, or I'm capable of things you think I'm not... or both, but in this instance you're just wrong.

mpwpj

« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2009, 04:12:52 PM »
I think its pretty bloody obvious what the Razzard means.
Do you know you can tell what type of person you are by the colour of their toothpaste? I bet my ferret cage yours is many colours!
One person makes a statement, another asks for clarification; the only thing that is obvious is that the statement was not obvious to all, although it may have been to you... but then your powers of observation are 'obviously' greater than mine if you can tell what 'type' of person I am by the colour of 'their' toothpaste, whoever 'they' are!

I'd love to hear more on your unique social categorizing method though; although I think I'll learn more about you than the method itself could ever hope to enlighten me in use.

Offline danrok

« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2009, 06:56:55 PM »
Actually it was the UK Home Office who dismissed Vernon Tomes because of the fact that he was taking too much time delivering judgments which although sound led to a backlog of court cases.

Anyway it was Sir Peter Crill who was the one who did "backstabbing" and his autobiography sets out the reason why he was left with little real choice.

BTW I knew Vernon and liked him but he had a few problems shall we say that made him unsuitable to be head of the Judiciary in the island

He was dismissed because Crill called for it.  Seems fairly obvious that Bailhache and Crill would have conspired to get rid of him, so that Bailhache could get the job.  They are after all genetically 95% chimpanzee, so what else would you expect?

Offline Dylan

• HELP!
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2009, 07:43:56 PM »
One person makes a statement, another asks for clarification; the only thing that is obvious is that the statement was not obvious to all, although it may have been to you... but then your powers of observation are 'obviously' greater than mine if you can tell what 'type' of person I am by the colour of 'their' toothpaste, whoever 'they' are!

I'd love to hear more on your unique social categorizing method though; although I think I'll learn more about you than the method itself could ever hope to enlighten me in use.
Give me a reason to entertain your curiosity. My allegory to toothpaste is from reading your posts, many of which say nothing and wander over the political map like a lost spider with a leg missing. Your understanding of that which was posted needed no further questioning as it was pedantic.
!dereggub si draobyek ym kniht I

ole razzy

« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2009, 08:43:57 PM »
He was dismissed because Crill called for it.  Seems fairly obvious that Bailhache and Crill would have conspired to get rid of him, so that Bailhache could get the job.  They are after all genetically 95% chimpanzee, so what else would you expect?

Before I knew Peter Crill I had a pretty low opinion of him, partly I'm sure due to my upbringing. I saw him as this bluff horse riding dyed in the wool Tory type who had spent his career climbing the greasy pole. In short I thought he was relic from distant era. A sort of Victorian revivalist.

Then I had the chance to work with him on the board of a charity and I found out that he was one of the nicest people you could ever wish to meet. He was compassionate, intelligent, hard working, loyal and very funny. He would also not take any shit from the type of people that I'd described him as earlier. He also had something that is a very rare commodity in the States today. He had a presence. I can remember our charity needed some emergency funding to get over an unforeseeable cash flow problem. He walked with me down to Cyril Le Marquand house, asked to see the Treasurer, walked right into his office and asked for a £200,000 temporary loan. So stunned was the Treasurer that he initially said no. Then Crill gave him an old fashioned look and before you knew it the cheque had been authorised with a single call. I know that was a different era and things like that probably don't happen nowadays but I can remember thinking how cool he was, especially knowing that on that day he had single handedly gone out of way to help those who really needed it.

OK he came from a privileged background, was privately educated and attended Oxford but he was not detached in the way I think our current Bailiff is and certainly not a Chimpanzee as far as I'm concerned. If you called Crill a Bangkok pimp he’d probably have asked at what point did you first suspect him, with a cheeky smile.

Danrok, if you want me to lend you his memoirs I'd be very happy to. I think you'll enjoy it. It makes for an interesting read.  PM if so.

Offline Durendal

« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2009, 10:19:47 PM »

NO NO NO

The Home Office were informed of problems and the decision was theirs

I would have thought lovers of SSS would have agreed with the UK decision