Author Topic: The Bus Service  (Read 7005 times)

Jason the Maverick

The Bus Service
« on: January 26, 2008, 02:25:22 AM »
I have used Connex a few times, and I think it was a better service than the old JTM.  But this service has cost the tax payer a lot of money through subsidies.....

JamieC

Re: The Bus Service
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2008, 07:44:07 PM »
I try to use the bus when i can but last time 2 went past me full. Phoned Connex who told me to phone TTS.spoke to bloke who said he would look into it.Tried to get same bus a few weeks later and same result. got a lift in the end.

Jason the Maverick

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2008, 01:06:52 AM »
I see they are still closing the weighbridge bus station at 7.00 p.m. because of rowdy kids.

Talk about chucking the towel in!  Just get the Police to arrest them for crying out loud!

AHITS

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2008, 06:07:27 AM »
Why don't they just employ an evening security guard? Given the amount already spent on the place, it would be a very inexpensive extra.

They could afford to mail 40,000 free timetables to island homes, I'm pretty sure that cost would have covered a security guard's yearly wage.

Jason the Maverick

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2008, 06:07:39 AM »
I watched on the news tonight that Deputy De Feu never knew anything about a pending vote of no confidence.  Maybe he should join the Forum!!!!

Cousinbenson

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2008, 08:13:21 AM »
They actually have 2 evening security guards working at liberation station when it's closed.  Basically when a bus arrives these security guards push past everyone and act as bus bouncers watching people get onto the bus.  When everyone's on the bouncers leave and stand waiting for the next bus.  Honestly bus bouncers! the point being if they're going to hire these people why not open the station?

AHITS

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2008, 08:35:36 AM »
So it seems the problem is simply one of misguided priorities.  ::)

Offline futuatcher

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2008, 01:25:58 AM »
jersey buses have been terrible since i can remember. there used to be a better service for grouville years ago, but still rubbish.
latest bus to town from grouville on a friday is 6! it would be a joke if we didn't shell out huge sums to Connex every year on top of being shafted by Lewis at Jersey Bus for years before

Offline !CaveMan

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2008, 01:07:40 AM »
had to wait half hour at liberation station in cold wind last week to get connex bus to airport
and and to wait half hour to get one back to town in freezing wind again
both journeys only possible by maintaining your position in the que trying to push your way on the bus
wish they would look at the guernsey bus system it works much better for half the price!

Jason the Maverick

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2008, 01:09:06 AM »
I will never get over the JMT fiasco..... Enough said.

Offline en830

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2008, 02:50:36 PM »
I live to the east of the island. For me and my wife to get the bus to work and back would cost £6.40 a day. To take our car, cost approximately 7.26 a day. So I have the option of a rain swept bus stop and a vehicle full of people I don't know, that stops maybe far from where I want to be and runs to a schedule that may not be to my requirements, or the car for a £1.00 more, which am I going to take ?
You can't get good chinese takeout in China and cuban cigars are rationed in Cuba. That's all you need to know about communism

Offline danrok

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2008, 05:04:04 PM »
I live to the east of the island.

It's bound to be a problem, commuting from Seymour tower... :D

Would only cost me £1 each way, from St. Clement on the bus, which is pretty cheap. But, I think public transport should work out a lot cheaper for everyone, compared to driving. Otherwise, there's little incentive.

Same daft situation in the UK, train from London to Manchester costs well over £100 for a return. Costs about £40 in fuel, if using a car, and you can potentially split that with passengers.

Offline Bea

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2008, 11:17:02 PM »
Got a colleague working with me at moment from Guernsey.They still have free public car parking .They also have a good bus services ,think it is 50p whatever length  of journey .Also if you return from destination within the hour only pay the one 50p.

Offline boatyboy

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2013, 04:54:05 PM »
Bus service in the islands ?

CT bus also operating in Guernsey are not doing so well it would appear after weeks of complaints and now they are on strike.
Jersey also has given a contract to CT to run the Jersey service and routes.

The same department TTS that is responsible for a presumption against the use of the car on Jersey is responsible for a bus service that is not functioning efficiently.

The good news is that if you work for the States at TTS, planning or many of the other departments you get a free parking place, so no problem to these people. It’s just the traveling public that have a problem.

http://www.thisisguernsey.com/news/

bb
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 04:55:43 PM by boatyboy »

Offline Dundee

« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2013, 06:25:36 PM »
And you get idiotic schemes by Constable Rondel who drives round in a chelsea tractor (he needs it to carry his weight) for a park and ride scheme out at Les Fontaines, St John where next to nobody lives, what a pity these time wasting buffons will still have a seat in the States.
The guys a first class clown at the expense of the tax payers.