Author Topic: They're sinking the road for the new Finance District. Will it sink the island ?  (Read 1744 times)

Offline moot

With the island's finance industry in decline and under attack from all directions is this a good move or will it bankrupt the island ?
Of course this is Ozouf's baby and we all know what all the others have been like....
And then there is Le Masurier's Broad Street's project which is similar and directly in competition with the States ( Sorry the States Development Company - or whatever )
Of course corruption will be at the heart of it all and the island's interests will be way down the list

Offline danrok

Look on the bright side, with the banks and their imported labour gone, house prices will fall, we can all have one.

Plus we will have lots of empty office buildings for throwing parties in.

It will be like liberation day all over again.  We could even have the Royal Navy turn up to frog march the financial officers down the beach on to landing craft, ready for deportation back to where they came from.

Online shortport

I can't see who will occupy these new offices.I presume they have ensured that they have someone signed up to move in.If its a company already in the island then they will leave a large hole in the areas they already occupy.If its a new company,then immigration will  go through the roof.These offices will be able to accomadate hundreds of people.Will they be Chinese from the Chinese bank they told us are interested in moving here.One things for sure,during its construction it will completely kill off retail in town.Traffic and parking in st.helier is bad enough already.
The negative effects of this construction on the island should not be under estimated.

Offline danrok

It's a high risk, but that's how these things work (or fail).

Offline Fritz

Shouldn,t be too worried.
All our current States members are ,"High Flying", financial Wizards, and know what they re doing?

Offline danrok

Shouldn,t be too worried.
All our current States members are ,"High Flying", financial Wizards, and know what they re doing?

Indeed, I wonder how the movie project is progressing?

Offline Chevalier Blanc

Did I hear right that they are going ahead with sinking the road so that the finance offices will be sitting  on top?
When all this go pear shaped who will take the can for it?
I only hope and pray that the public come out and vote in 2014 to get these useless millionaires who are playing around with our livelihoods and the future of the Island and in the meantime are no doubt using the info they have been getting while away on States so called business are lining their own pockets even more.

Offline danrok