Author Topic: Senator Bailhache outbursts screwing Jersey Internationally ?  (Read 5529 times)

Offline boatyboy

Senator Bailhache outbursts screwing Jersey Internationally ?
« on: October 20, 2012, 04:20:05 PM »
In my twenty minute rant yesterday, I suggested that islanders are not in a position to make laws, allow developments like Portlet, or actually affect the running of the island, it is the Government and administration who make the decisions and spend the tax revenues.

So why Senator Bailhache should tell States members to keep quite about the balls ups, shows that he does truly not understand what is happening regarding Jersey's reputation in the real world. Interesting that Terry Le Main  (in the same paper on the same day), then goes on about bloggers ruining peoples lives, inferring as with Senator Bailhache that we should all put and shut up including the back benches. Obviously not men who believe in open and transparent Government.

Just to bring the British Press and States members up to date, who read this Forum there are three links below.

My short ( not very well thought out ) article yesterday, which is self explanatory on Leah McGrath Goodman thread.

http://planetjersey.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,3662.msg56017.html#msg56017

Tony's article, cleverly and factually dissects and disembowels Senator Bailaches attempt to silence Jersey this would never be printed in the JEP.

Part of the Article,

But what is I suppose most damaging about Sir Philip Bailhache's suggestions is that he is trying to stifle free speech. I can think of many instances where the States have been "grossly incompetent".

http://tonymusings.blogspot.com/2012/10/the-boat-that-rocked.html

Jersey's Government feature in a major article in the DailyTelegraph.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/jimmy-savile/9620223/Jimmy-Savile-He-was-the-tip-of-the-iceberg.html

Sorry all, it looks like a largely secretive Government ( with exceptions ) and administration stuck in its own time warp, and club self interest mentality.

When you threaten democracy and are incompetent " outsiders " will take a keen interest and always will.

http://www.thisisjersey.com/news/2012/10/19/‘stop-damaging-our-reputation-abroad’/

Boatyboy

« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 06:41:06 AM by boatyboy »

Offline Calimachon

• http://www.amnesty.org.uk/
Re: Senator Bailhache outbursts screwing Jersey Internationally ?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2012, 06:33:44 PM »
His latest attempts at silencing the people are blatant and totally transparent now and proves to me just how important it is for him to keep the lid tightly on information he doesn't want to come out into the open.

Heads are falling
Chinks of light are appearing in the threadbare black cloak of corruption and deception.  The mushrooms are stirring!
The Truth Will Out

Cali

« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 06:35:53 PM by Calimachon »
TOMORROW (Noun) = A mystical land where 99% of all human productivity, motivation an achievement is stored

Offline shortport

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2012, 10:23:54 PM »
Wow what a shocking report in the Telegraph.
I sincerely hope those involved in the abuse and those who covered it up are well and truly investgated by the international press.We have no hope with our own media.JEP front page news today-baby is born.
Whoever controls the JEP has some serious answering to do,they must either be abusers themselves or have some serious skeletons in the closet.I really hope this whole sick business comes out in the open,but i have a feeling its going to be big,really big.

Offline Calimachon

• http://www.amnesty.org.uk/
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2012, 10:57:19 PM »
Well sadly I read that all the different jurisdictions where the abuse happened are apparently using their own police forces to do the investigation.  This means that it is quite possible that the whole abuse matter here in Jersey may be hunkered down somehow and kept covered - no accounting for how much hoo haa there is in the press in the UK.  I can only come to this conclusion judging by the way that the authorities were so keen on covering things up so far without any remorse.  I also read that many of the abuse victims are reluctant to discuss their abuse with the Jersey police and if this is the case local people who may be guilty of paedophilia will get away scot free. 

Do the innocent Jersey people really want the finger pointed at them in this way.  i am sure the ordinary 'Joe' in the street says no let us blow the lid and sort this out one way or another!

It has been so obvious to me that the whole matter of child abuse at HDLG has been covered up and I would love to see another jurisdiction's police force, chosen careful and who are totally impartial, conduct the investigations regarding the 'Sir'  Jimmy Savile investigation.  After all surely the local bigwigs would not like to be viewed as trying to cover up  the whole sordid affair again - would they?

I am also lead to believe that any compensation paid is for abuse that took place on the respective premises by staff and those directly related to the home concerned and did not include visiting celebrities to that premises.  I do so hope that no one has signed a document with that clause within it if they were abused by the infamous 'Sir' Jimmy Savile or any of his similarly abusing sidekicks because that clause should be wiped from the document and re-scripted.

It is not fun having one's dirty linen washed in public but if it clears the air - I say in an oft-well quoted phrase by the good and mighty "So Be It".

Don't words just come back to haunt one :)

Cali

« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 11:03:13 PM by Calimachon »
TOMORROW (Noun) = A mystical land where 99% of all human productivity, motivation an achievement is stored

Offline Chevalier Blanc

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2012, 04:08:07 PM »
Well Lenny Harper has been on the radio today saying just that "The local police force will be under the thumb of the establishment so cannot do a good job investigating the abuse".
Lenny says bring in a force from outside of Jersey to do the investigating that is the only way one will get to the truth.
We do not want more cover ups!

Offline Dave Sanglotte

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2012, 07:37:51 PM »
To the long list of people he thinks are tarnishing Jersey's reputation, he can now add Scotland Yard, for expecting Jersey to investigate Savile.

The people who tarnish Jersey's reputation, are the people who do bad things there, not the people who point out the bad things bad people are doing. If you don't want a bad reputation, try to stop people doing bad things.

Offline Chevalier Blanc

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2012, 05:24:25 AM »
Today in the States bailhache made a statement saying that "There had been no abuse at Victoria College"
The police have on record and film all about the sex abuse on boys at Victoria College.
Does this man really believe in what he says and does he really think that the public do not know about the case?
He really does think he is above the law i am sure it.
This says alot about bailhache.

Offline wakey

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2012, 05:42:07 PM »
Yesterday William Bailhache sentenced a paedo to two years in prison for despicable horrific photos and videos.
The maximum sentence available for these crimes was ten years.
The Bailhaches are doing more to disgrace Jersey in their apparent acceptance of child abuse and laughable punishments.
As PB famously said "Perks of the job"

Offline Chevalier Blanc

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2012, 09:25:16 PM »
It was not bailhache who said Perks of the job but the teacher who refused to tell the police who the names of the boys were that were in the movie that the other teacher took while abusing the boy.

Offline wakey

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2012, 03:12:53 AM »
Yes I'm quite aware that the PW  I'm referring to is not a Bailhache,  but is a man still employed down at the Harbours in a States job paid for by the public.

Offline Chevalier Blanc

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2012, 03:05:18 PM »
Yes you are right about that person working at the harbour office and part of his job is to oversee youth on the water. How crazy is that?

Offline boatyboy

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2013, 10:44:25 PM »

Corporate Services Scrutiny panel are against the creation of a Minister for foreign affairs taking full responsibility and making decisions for Jersey. There is a professional accountable group doing so already. A well written easy to read report can be found below please click on link.

Will the States vote against the influential Corporate Services Scrutiny Panel ? 

1.   3.3  The establishment of the Financial Services and External Relations Advisory Group (FERAG) in 2011 as a means of ensuring co-ordinated development and delivery of policy is to be welcomed. There needs to be requisite transparency regarding FERAG’s work. (5.16)

3.4  The Bailiff and His Excellency the Lieutenant Governor have no political responsibility in respect of external relations but work closely with the Chief Minister in receiving an increasing number of distinguished visitors to the Island. The Bailiff can also offer constitutional advice to Ministers whilst His Excellency deals with Crown appointments and is a point of contact between the Island’s authorities and the UK Government. (5.22)

AND,

2.6  The Panel has concluded that, whilst Jersey’s external relations are a growth area, it is difficult to see the immediate need for the new Minister as the Chief Minister is currently solely responsible and would appear to have sufficient status to represent the Island overseas. Furthermore, the Panel has found that the creation of the new Minister could compound wider difficulties with Ministerial Government in that adoption of the proposals would create a new Minister who would be a corporation sole and over whom there would therefore be limits to the Chief Minister’s influence.
Such a situation, in the Panel’s view, could blur lines of accountability for external relations rather than improve them, as has been suggested.

http://www.statesassembly.gov.je/ScrutinyReports/2013/Report%20-%20Minister%20for%20External%20Relations%20-%2013%20June%202013.pdf

Notice Mr Smiley sitting next to CM Gorst, who obviously loves the questions being put to a serious CM by Scrutiny  ;)

JEP

JERSEY needs a Foreign Minister to correct misconceptions about the Island, open up new business opportunities overseas and act as a credible representative, a Scrutiny panel was told yesterday.

Chief Minister Ian Gorst made the comments as he and Senator Sir Philip Bailhache, an assistant chief minister with responsibility for external relations, defended plans to create an official position to help foster overseas connections.

http://www.thisisjersey.com/news/2013/04/16/jersey-needs-foreign-minister/

bb

Offline moot

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2013, 12:41:15 AM »
Bailhache is really like a Jack Russell who thinks he is a Great Pain sorry Dane

Offline boatyboy

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2013, 05:26:20 PM »
William Bailhache  endorses Corporate Scrutiny's recent report that a Foreign Minister is not required in Jersey politics..

A politician should not  indeed represent the Island of Jersey, as it would be difficult or impossible for a politician given the partisan nature of politics. Says William Bailhache, writing as assistant Bailiff now he is a politician he appears to disregard that earlier statement.

Taken from Williams Bailhache’s written submission to Lord Carswell.

THE CIVIC ROLL.

This follows very closely from the occupancy of president of the States. When one looks at  paragraph 22 of his [ the Bailiffs ] submission, it is clear that the position office of Bailiff, does involve a significant proportion of the island community in a way that would be difficult or impossible for a politician given the partisan nature of politics. It is much the same when hosting dinners or greeting foreign dignitaries.

The Bailiff here fulfils a representative  roll for the island. He acts on advice from the politicians, and represents the island as a whole.

http://www.gov.je/SiteCollectionDocuments/Government%20and%20administration/R%20Deputy%20Bailiff%20Submission%2020100317%20WB%20v1.pdf

Please note these are the views of Phillips brother William the error is regretted.
Boatyboy.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 01:30:46 AM by boatyboy »

Offline Chevalier Blanc

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2013, 04:21:04 PM »
Well in the states just now asked senator Gorst the question on bailhache lying to the states about the document he was reading on the plane.
Gorst would not give an answer but tried to bat it away. I would say that Gorst is defending bailhache because he is being told by bailhache to do so.
I hope the people of this island will hear the answers that Gorst gave to straight forward questions by states members.
Why was bailhache not in the chamber to answer for himself? Was is it planned for him not to be there.
It shows that Gorst is to weak to be a chief minister and bailhache really is the real CM.