Author Topic: debts run up by others  (Read 3078 times)

Offline man in the street

debts run up by others
« on: July 28, 2012, 09:23:19 PM »
some time ago  you will remember the  butcher who was picketing a  eatery  at the weighbridge.
 as he had not been  paid for goods to the tune of .
 it appeared ( to me ). that the police were not interested.
  to day i did here of white van  man, who has  run up debts  with people , who are now out of pocket.
 again the police are not interestd .
 i am lead to believe  that there are quite a few how are out of pocket.

Offline shortport

Re: debts run up by others
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2012, 01:00:26 AM »
You are correct.There is a lot of that going on.I know of one company in the building trade that will cease trading this month and shut up shop because they are not being paid.One of their non paying customers is a 11k,another is Dandara.They have taken legal action against non payers before but the process is so long and expensive,they just can't carry on running a business without cash flow.The non paying clients (most who are very wealthy) don't give a shit.
Its a shame because its a good company with a good reputation

Offline Renegade

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2012, 06:03:25 PM »
some time ago  you will remember the  butcher who was picketing a  eatery  at the weighbridge.
 as he had not been  paid for goods to the tune of .
 it appeared ( to me ). that the police were not interested.
  to day i did here of white van  man, who has  run up debts  with people , who are now out of pocket.
 again the police are not interestd .
 i am lead to believe  that there are quite a few how are out of pocket.

Wouldn't it be a civil matter?

Offline boatyboy

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2013, 03:43:54 PM »

Another article not  accepting  blog comment  from the JEP.

Just a small point,  researchers have pointed out that the film company is in debt to the tune of £204,000 it therefore follows that it must have a good script and other backers as the Company asked originally for £12 million if the film is now to be made as we are nopw told in the latest twist.

After the deserved battering Mr King CE of the States department who handed over the money took, is this another Harcourt moment. In other words would it no be sensible for the someone to find out where the extra funding to make the film is coming from ?

Could this be just a falsehood to buy more time so we all forget, and the people who handed over £200,000 of taxpayers money get a reason to slip away from  scrutiny. It still looks shady and non substantiated IMO.

JEP.

A FANTASY film set in Jersey could be fully funded and guaranteed within days and launched to the world at the Cannes Film Festival in May, according to its director.
The multi-million pound film, Knights of Impossingworth, has hit the headlines in recent weeks after it was revealed that the company behind it, Canbedone Productions, had received a £200,000 grant of taxpayers’ money to help with pre-production costs.

Doubts were cast about the authenticity of the project and the speed at which it was progressing but the man behind the film, director Keith Cavele, has told the JEP that those concerns are without foundation.

http://www.thisisjersey.com/news/2013/02/28/film-funded-by-jersey-will-do-island-proud/

Accounts.

https://www.duedil.com/company/05213572/canbedone-productions-ltd

bb

Offline shortport

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2013, 02:07:17 AM »
The clue is in the name .Canbedone productions has now been changed to youhavebeendone.productions

Offline boatyboy

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2014, 12:38:19 AM »

Taxpayers get stuffed again !

The Minister whose department handed over £200,000 to a convicted fraudster to film a Hollywood blockbuster in Jersey has told the States that the project has run out of money.

http://www.bailiwickexpress.com/jsy/news/

bb

Offline Tosh

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2014, 03:25:28 AM »
Taxpayers get stuffed again !

The Minister whose department handed over £200,000 to a convicted fraudster to film a Hollywood blockbuster in Jersey has told the States that the project has run out of money.

http://www.bailiwickexpress.com/jsy/news/

bb

Maybe the supermarket backer pulled out after risk assessing for due diligence... !! Cant see this project ever having the legs to progress and guess we will need to tighten our belts once again!!

Offline Fritz

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2014, 04:50:23 AM »
OMG, cannot believe no one saw that coming!!
Fantasy Company gets £200,000 grant to make fantasy film,promising that fantasy A-Lister will take starring role.
Totally shocked that this has fallen flat because Tesco cannot risk stocking the DVD,s next to the chewing-gum and sweeties at their check-out tills.
I think we should increase the GST rate to bring this bold project to fruition.
Local kids are going to star in this block-buster after all. They,ve done auditions and everything.
We cannot let a supermarket send this dream project into oblivion.

Come on people of Jersey. Get behind this project, and show Tesco why we dont want their kind over here.

Offline Chevalier Blanc

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2014, 04:31:35 PM »
The clue is in the title  FANTASY

Offline Fritz

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2014, 02:43:02 AM »
All joking aside. Someone should be sacked for this debacle.
£200,000.00 of tax-payers money has been given to a shyster.
We have got to insist that £200,000.00 of staff are now sacked!!
That would probably equate to one person at current ,"Executive rates".
Maybe two or three equally idiotically-qualified minions.

This sort of shit would not go un-punished in the private sector.
"Its only tax-payers money. Dont worry about it, they've got loads. If there is a short-fall we can just crank GST up a notch".

Offline wakey

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2014, 04:01:07 PM »
I don't think that any of us had ever heard of the unelected pen pusher who rejoices in the title of Economic  Development Chief Executive who happily gave away our money. Sack him and deduct the money from his pension, that would make these idiots pay attention. And as for Economic Development  Minister Alan Maclean, well, just let him count the paper clips from now on.

Offline Fritz

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2014, 12:34:30 AM »
Its generally not the governments fault for these debacles.
Its the general electorate who vote them in, or the apathetic non-voters who allow them to get in so easily.
300 or so votes=£100k+ per annum. (The £46k salary is only part of the package when you investigate what other perks and expenses add up to).

Its a well worn saying. As a community, "You get the government you deserve".
It would actually be quite a good business investment to stand for election in Jersey. Just buy 4 or 5 hundred people a pint on condition that they vote for you and you get in.
"Kerching". Your ,"Investment", pays of in no time at all.

Offline boatyboy

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2014, 03:54:41 AM »
I used to think that Fritz, but after watching the sheer incompetence of some States members and after listening to others ( thanks Thejerseyway blog ) who clearly have no intention of answering a question asked in the assembly I now have my doubts, because they are so off the wall bad.

There is a school of thought that reckon that some people we elect, have not got the skills or the integrity to be what Jersey needs ( or anywhere else  that is reasonable ) but they smooth talk at the hustings and backed up by a captured biased media. We give the them benefit and before you know it they say nothing do nothing and are therefore are a complete waste of space except to the establishment who get a majority vote helped by muppets.

I take your point though, there are some good States members who work hard, and have integrity. Time for the voters to be far more selective and vote for substance rather than gloss and who has been around for a long time. I suggest a clear out is essential for a decent future remember one politician has started borrowing heavily leaving debt for future generations all controlled by people who are not voted into public office. A quango.

BB
« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 03:58:52 AM by boatyboy »