Author Topic: Senator Bailhache assistant chief minister to Ian and Ian  (Read 2155 times)

Offline boatyboy

Senator Bailhache assistant chief minister to Ian and Ian
« on: November 30, 2011, 04:32:05 AM »

Senator Bailhache has been taken down the pecking order yet again. I truly thought he would be come the Chief Minister after his powerful showing at the polls.

Then he was made assistant Chief Minister to the winner Senator Ian Gorst who has now chosen Senator Le Marquand as the Deputy Chief Minister. I may be wrong, but is not a deputy above an assistant.

I liked Ian Gorst stand against the chemists telling them to take a jump when they wanted more money for perscriptions and he has refused. What ever they say, politicians do read the blogs to gain information. It must be crystal clear that having two brothers in power so close and so influential is making a mockery of perceived democracy in Jersey. Syvret´s well read blog has not helped Sir Phillip either.

I think our new Chief Minister is a lot smarter than people have given him credit for, by pulling the big teeth out of a tiger but making sure he has enough food to keep him quiet.

BB 

Offline ryanmorrison

Re: Senator Bailhache assistant chief minister to Ian and Ian
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2011, 03:11:15 PM »
Yes an assistant chief minister will have special responsibility within the chief ministers department but not deputise for the chief minister in his absence whereas as deputy chief minister will deputise for the chief minister.

But Sir Philip is also likely to be given special responsibility for international relations, Freddie Cohen's old beat. A role which does carry a certain amount of weight in its own right.

Offline Chevalier Blanc

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2011, 04:33:22 PM »
I stated early that i believe sir pip will resign using ill health as an excuse. Pip has no real power whats so ever to keep the establishment party at the top of the States power etc.
Pip topped the polls but Gorst is the man of the people and he only gave pip the lowest of the high positions in government only because he topped the polls.
Cast your mind back to when Syvret and walker went for CM. ad Syvret won the position then walker would not have Been a minister of any kind and the establishment party would have lost a lot of power then. The reason Syvret was made a minister was because he topped the polls and the Island wanted him so walker had to give him a minister's job but got him out as soon as he could so as to hold on to full power.
Well i believe the Island has a man that is for the people and power is not what he wants to use as a friend of the rich etc etc. Just maybe now the Island and it's people will get the service and care that it needs. Long may the establishment be kept out of power!

Offline boatyboy

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2012, 03:12:25 PM »
There are two important parts to the revelations read on the bald truth blog that need to advertised. The first is that the public know that any committee in order to present a balanced fair and objective outcome must not be conflicted. The public are far more switched on, than many politicians are aware of, or maybe conversely they just don't care what the publics views are.

The vote has gone against Senator Bailhache at two parish hall debates. It would of course be easy to say that a hand full of people are not representative of the the views held by the whole islands population. In which case nor are those of the fifty one elected to govern.   

Given that they were interested enough to attend listen and put their views  forward this to me shows democracy in action. No show no vote is also a democratic choice.

The second part, is how will this outcome which clearly shows little sympathy for Senator Bailhache's attempt to highjack the commission be reported by the Jersey media especially the JEP?

Will it be watered down, will it be placed in a small box on an inside page or will it make the front page in a blaze of honest reporting ? This would have been the case had the vote supported his attempts to take control of the commission been approved by the attendees.

Quote.

Deputy Trevor Pitman Feb 29, 2012 01:23 PM

Another blow for Senator Bailhache's attempt to hijack the Electoral Commission!??Tonight at a well attended St. Helier Parish Assembly the people of St. Helier voted 53 to Le Herissier 3 to Bailhache in support of keeping the Electoral Commission independent..??Even more telling given the nonsense Sir Philip has been telling people about how everyone voted for him purely because they supported his ideas of reform - he even used the St. Helier Hustings as his example of this remember...??asked by Deputy Judy Martin for a show of hands, even from those who voted for Senator Bailhache, whether they did so because of his anti-reform views NOT A SINGLE PERSON said this was the reason!?

http://thebaldtruthjersey.blogspot.com.au/2012/02/from-deep-within-baldtruth-bunkera.html#comment-form

Boatyboy
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 03:15:20 PM by boatyboy »

Offline Chevalier Blanc

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2012, 09:48:34 PM »
Well there goes democracy now that the idiots have voted for pip to be chairman of over the reform of the States.
He stands there and talk like butter will not melt in his mouth why he spills out everything that one would like him to say but we know under all that and now the chairman he can get to work making sure that the establishment party will be even stronger to the detriment of the ordinary person in this Island.

Offline GeeGee

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2012, 10:51:20 PM »
Indeed a bad day for democracy (even though Mr Gorst insisted Jersey was a democracy in the States this morning).

I fear for this place now - I really do, and I think we should change the title of this thread to Ian and Ian, assistant ministers to PB, because that's what it looks like from here.

Offline Calimachon

• http://www.amnesty.org.uk/
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2012, 12:39:23 AM »
No don't give up hope.  Just make sure we are vigilant and listen to every word they say and fight, fight and fight again until we win the day.  To all those who are fighting the corner I say we have some very good progressive politicians and we all know who they were if you listened to the States debate yesterday.  I have enormous faith in them.  The important thing now is to ensure they get into the States at the next elections - so all give them your support and spread the word.  Don't be discouraged, nothing ever worth winning is easy!

Cali :)
TOMORROW (Noun) = A mystical land where 99% of all human productivity, motivation an achievement is stored

Offline Chevalier Blanc

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2012, 02:40:30 AM »
Yes you are right Calimachon we must keep the faith in the new members and hope that they come through and get us our democracy which means getting the establishment party members out or out voted.
Bailhache comes across as a very caring person and all for the people but you can bet your life he is laughing his head off knowing he has just got a load of power back for his rich club members i.e. establishment.
I would like to see and hear him behind closed doors giving someone a telling off and you can bet it would not be the nice face he puts onto the public.

Offline Chevalier Blanc

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2012, 02:44:16 AM »
I wonder what the people through out the world who read PJ think of pip and all his covering up of all the rotten things that has gone on in this Island ( remember Holland affair  and the rest Victoria College etc.)

Offline rico sorda

• locked & loaded lets rock rsx
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2012, 04:21:21 AM »
http://bobhilljersey.blogspot.com/2012/03/turkey-shoot.html?spref=fb

A good posting by Bob Hill on the electoral commission

rs
one ban away from oblivion rsx

Offline Chevalier Blanc

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2012, 05:01:52 PM »
Yes Bob Hill has really hit the nail on the head.
It is so obvious how pip got his way in the camber yesterday and we can also take it that the whole PPC already know what the out come is going to be now that the establishment have got hold of the reins so there really is no need to have any meetings. Can't wait for the next elections because we might just be able to have a majority in the chamber because the people might be fed up with how the Island has been lead into ruin for the ordinary person in the next 3 years.
What people must understand is that the establishment party just does not care about the ordinary person, they hob knob with their own kind and pass on the ill gotten gains to their next generation. Then we have the ones who woyuld love to be in the club of the establishment party so will do anything to get in but they just do not realise that they are being used and in which case they are letting down their own kind the ordinary person living in this Island. They soon find out when they are no longer and just pushed to one side.
If only these people could see just how they are being used and seeing how zero/10 has taken out so much money from this Island that could have been used to get a better hospital etc etc but no instead it has just lined the pockets of the establishment party members Island wide.