Author Topic: Is 'Amino Sweet' (used to be called "Aspartame") a natural sweetene or notr?  (Read 1956 times)

Offline Calimachon

• http://www.amnesty.org.uk/
Quote from the website displayed below:

"Artificial sweeteners especially aspartame has gotten a bad rap over the years, most likely due to studies showing they cause cancer. But not to worry Ajinomoto the company that makes Aspartame has changed the name to AminoSweet. It has the same toxic ingredients but a nice new sounding name.
And if you or your child happens to be allergic to Aspartame, well don’t take it personally it’s just business."

http://healthfreedoms.org/2010/02/15/aspartame-has-been-renamed-and-is-now-being-marketed-as-a-natural-sweetener/

Cali
TOMORROW (Noun) = A mystical land where 99% of all human productivity, motivation an achievement is stored

Offline more

I too have read the dangers of Aspartame, reads like a horror movie the various illnesses it causes.The Firm, uses many other cover up names. Can be found in anything that can be described as low fat. low sugar, such as in Diet cokes, low fat yogurts  or light foods e.c.t. and many others.
Checks need to be made by as many of the public as possible on these products.
  If Reported to Which magazine who I believe research these firms and products if ask by numbers of the public.
 As many people as possible are needed to e-mail or write to  Which Magazine for their  findings. If enough people contact them
 they will research as a Public Service.

Offline Calimachon

Brilliant information Staffy.  I am horrified by the stories I have read and heard regarding Aspartame and the now newly named substance.

It is alleged it can cause epilepsy and cancer to name only two illnesses.

Cali :)
TOMORROW (Noun) = A mystical land where 99% of all human productivity, motivation an achievement is stored

Offline imacrappaud

Brilliant information Staffy.  I am horrified by the stories I have read and heard regarding Aspartame and the now newly named substance.

It is alleged it can cause epilepsy and cancer to name only two illnesses.

Cali :)

These days, in fairness anything can lead to cancer. You can lead the healthiest life possible and still get cancer of one form or the other. I work with a young lad who is into fitness, healthy eating and all that yet has just recovered from cancer. The last person you expect to have cancer and at a really young age.

The only reason I am responding though is to mention what he was told by the doctors and nurses. Basically, that our human bodies have not evolved as quick as what is put into our foods and the air around us. For example Aspartime is not a natural ingredient, it is artficial and the human body through evolution is unable to keep up with artificial ingredients. The same goes with people leading a healthy lifestyle, the human body is unable to keep up with coping with the unnatural fertilizers and pesticides spread on to vegetables, science is coming up with new pesticides etc quicker than the human body can evolve to combat the effects.

I sound like a right old hippy but the facts are all around us, evolution of science has far outstripped evolution of the human body.

In 50 or a 100 years putting Aspartame in your tea will probably not be a problem because the human body has become accustomed to it!

Hope that makes some kind of sense  ;D

Offline Fritz

Why would anyone use ,"Sweeteners", in the first place? Sugar has been around for centuries.

Offline Calimachon

These sweeteners are in the foods already.  Aspartame is in some proprietory brands of squashes.  Not only in diet squashes.

@ immacrapaud - I know what you mean but sadly if you have a normal child who suddenly starts having seizures and there is no explanation you may wonder why. This substance is in ordinary food not only diet foods.

I try to eat organic where I can exactly because of the unnatural fertilizers and pesticides because they affect me.

Cali