Author Topic: Sir Philip Bailhache  (Read 16301 times)

Offline boatyboy

Re: Sir Philip Bailhache
« Reply #60 on: September 24, 2013, 01:13:16 AM »

What is evident is that Senator Bailhache was able to able to influence a number of people who acquiesced apparently without questioning his motives or the fact,

that he was abusing his Office.

Quote by,

Ex Deputy Bob Hill

http://bobhilljersey.blogspot.com

Offline Chevalier Blanc

« Reply #61 on: September 24, 2013, 02:16:00 AM »
Evidence? Christ we all know bailhache is crooked!
If we had a perfect police force he would and his friends would have been charge with what went on with the child abuse in this island not just HDLG but Victoria college as well.
People have found out just what he is like but when he stands again his establishment friends will get him back in.
Says a lot about the people who do vote for him.

Offline Dundee

« Reply #62 on: September 29, 2013, 04:58:23 PM »
and what was Bob Hill's career?

Offline boatyboy

« Reply #63 on: April 05, 2015, 12:49:25 AM »

I'd forgotten all about this episode until a blogger put it up on VFC ( all credit to them ) but as a large number of people use this site as an information base as it goes back to 2008 I thought Senator Bailhache would be pleased if it was logged here as well. The term  " Voisinage " may be ancient outdated and indeed feudal, but still law this being Jersey and not the UK. The said law allowed the Judge Philip Bailhache to award the case to his legal friend all legally of course, except possibly as mentioned by the writer below.

Anonymous3 April 2015 at 17:45

I can give another example which everyone knows about but Jersey's MSM never mentions, Philip Bailhache and his role when Bailiff in the Reg's Skips scandal. Even though he was the judge, he advised one of the parties who were friends of his, to use 'voisinage', a load of ancient obsolete feudal nonsense, to win the case.

There you go, that's a well known example of simple judicial corruption. Hearing a case when friends of yours are involved is corrupt on its own. To then advise them what to do doubles the corruption. Then finding for them quadruples the corruption.

And the cherry on the cake of The Jersey Way corruption in this example is that not only is it tolerated, it's actively protected by TPTB when like the comment above says in any respectable Western Democracy the judge who acted that way would be arrested, prosecuted and jailed.

http://voiceforchildren.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/a-guest-posting-from-lord-reginald.html#comment-form

bb

Offline ageofaquarius

« Reply #64 on: April 05, 2015, 05:55:51 PM »
Very interesting ... I have never heard of this voisinage before and  I see it means being neighbourly - So our baliff was just being neighbourly to one of his mates then!!

Offline gladiator

« Reply #65 on: April 06, 2015, 04:51:33 AM »
Wouldn't it be interesting to know how many and which ones of those feudal non-democratic "convenient" laws exist in Jersey's law and appear to be supportive of The Jersey way? In my humble opinion those feudal laws should be overhauled and made fit for purpose by the CoM asap in order to ensure real democracy in Jersey. It is not surprising but the current and previous bailiffs and AGs have not felt to be obliged to do so.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 03:32:19 PM by gladiator »

Offline Fritz

« Reply #66 on: April 08, 2015, 01:06:11 AM »
The whole ,"Le Pas Holdings", fiasco was based on Feudal Law, where Le Pas knew the law and were in a position to sue The States of Jersey back to the stone age if they dared to challenge in open court.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 01:08:31 AM by Fritz »

Offline shortport

« Reply #67 on: April 08, 2015, 01:44:13 AM »
my family lost their house and everything they own over a 'degrevement',a law which dates backs to the 15th century but still serves the wealthy and well connected very well.

Offline Chevalier Blanc

« Reply #68 on: April 11, 2015, 05:34:39 PM »
What about his latest denial of not see the report by L. Harpers report to the child abuse enquiry.
Remember he did not see the report on the  HG enquiry and called a number of people liars. He had to backtrack over that one.
The man ( if you can call him that ) is just power crazy and very worried about the facts coming out on the way he behaved along with all the other bailhaches and friends over the child abuse in the past.
It is time that he was suspended from the states for giving false information to states members by lying.

Offline HG

« Reply #69 on: November 06, 2015, 06:06:41 PM »
It wasn't the Hg report it was illegally procured police documents, anyway, while he is still being a severe nuisance, I am objecting to his behaviour thus:
http://whatreallyhappenedinthechurch.blogspot.co.uk/2015/11/if-you-ever-get-tired-of-jersey-being.html#.VjyXuyvSnD4