Author Topic: Sir Philip Bailhache  (Read 16257 times)

Offline Dundee

Sir Philip Bailhache
« on: October 12, 2011, 04:19:41 PM »
Going by the reception he got at St Lawrence last night I expect him to top the poll, he has of course come over very well at the hustings I have attended, I do not agree with all that he says, and think he is in some cases oblivious to the ineptness of the current Ministers and Civil servants.
He would make an ideal Chief Minister and hope he does so.

Offline JRCbean

Re: Sir Philip Bailhache
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2011, 01:29:43 PM »
Dundee this is satire surely???? your are having a laugh arn't you. 

JRCbean

Offline Dundee

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2011, 02:43:58 PM »
He is the current favourite to top the poll according to "Honest Nev" so you appear to be out of touch with the situation.

Offline JRCbean

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2011, 03:27:28 PM »
No i meant the rest of what you said. lol

Offline wakey

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2011, 07:45:07 PM »

One does wonder if anyone has dared tell Sir Phillip Bailhache that now he's been elected to the States, he will no longer be able to switch off the microphone of any fellow democratically elected member of the House whose views do not coincide with his own. It's only fair that he is made aware of this before he goes any further along the "great statesman" route.

Toys might be thrown out of the pram, and there will probably be tears before bedtime, but everyone must learn to play together nicely!

Offline ageofaquarius

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2011, 03:08:46 AM »
According to his saturday interview in the jep, he reckons 'unruly politicians should be fined'. He is of course having a laught. I hear them on the radio/TV in the house of commons saying murmur murmur, ORDER etc - all airing their views - I think its called democracy, perhaps a foreign work to sir phil.

Offline danrok

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2011, 03:20:18 AM »
If so, I think Bailhache should be fined every time he opens his mouth.

Offline tonytheprof

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2011, 04:54:25 AM »
If he doesn't go for Chief Minister, he may well try for PPC to give it the kind of "teeth" he wants.

Offline boatyboy

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2012, 04:54:10 AM »

Borrowed from Deputy Pitmans blog,

A reader writes

The hypocrisy of Philip Bailhache.

On Tuesday, he stood up in the States chamber and made his speech in favour of secret voting. He said "the only true vote is a secret vote".

Today, I received the leaflet from his captured Electoral Commission.

On the back page the leaflet says "Your submission will be made public and will be attributed to you unless you request confidentiality, in which case the reasons for non-disclosure will need to be accepted by the Commission."

You could not make this guy up if you tried.

http://thebaldtruthjersey.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Chevalier Blanc

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2012, 05:15:13 AM »
I am telling you now watch bailhache worm his way to CM by getting gorst sacked through backing ozouf. People were wondering why the establishment was being against ozouf well i think it is their plan to get bailhache in by topping gorst.

Offline Chevalier Blanc

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2012, 05:30:26 PM »
Just listened to VFC interview with Roy Le Herissier and what i stated earlier about bailhache coming in as CM because of Gorst standing by ozouf seems could come true. So God Help Us!

Offline Chevalier Blanc

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2012, 08:00:37 PM »
What a election statement he has made with Plemont.
He really is doing his best to get the CM position. Hoping that everyone will see him in a different light. There really is nothing he will not do to get to No 1.

Offline Calimachon

• http://www.amnesty.org.uk/
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2012, 08:43:02 PM »
I am convinced that the mighty do fall and also that pride comes  before a fall. 

I just hope that anyone mighty enough who happens to fall have treated people fairly on the way up because it is mighty lonely on the way down and at the bottom of the pile with rich friends or not!  As my dear old Dad used to joke about when I said you don't need money to make you happy 'At least you can be miserable in comfort'.

Cali!
TOMORROW (Noun) = A mystical land where 99% of all human productivity, motivation an achievement is stored

Offline man in the street

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2012, 10:30:02 PM »
 if the states can afford  plemont  , then  they can remove  gst from food .
 i had hoped more from this  man and our new goverment .
 states money should not be used for the purchase of this derilict scrub land .
 those who want to preserve  it   found a group and put your own cash into it .
  fence it off and  charge admission to see the desolate area, ( may take a while  to get the cash back)

Offline boatyboy

« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2012, 12:10:39 AM »
I am a little worried about Senator Bailhache's grasp of figures.

He tells us that an enquiry as promised into the child abuse scandal is going to cost £20 million a figure obviously pulled out of the air. The real figures are here.

Costing Calculations

Chair - fee per day £2,800 - Total Days 206 - Total fee calculation £576,800

Panel Member -  fee per day £2,000 - Total Days 171 -Total fee calculations £342,000

Panel Member - fee per day £1,500 - Total Days 171 Total fee calculations  £256,500

Cost of Inquiry Support Team is - £583,510 - This includes Project manager, Legal/advocate, Admin, Document Team and Comms

Total Fees -  £1,758,810

Transcription Costs -  £87,075

Travel & Acomm -  £194,040

Total estimated costs £2,039,925

These costs are supported by a detailed spreadsheet held be Verita finance team.

http://ricosorda.blogspot.co.uk/

So.

Then he says that Plemont is valued at around £17 million.

As a man of the people and elected to represent them let us go with flow. How about this for a solution.

Senator Baihache no doubt wants to spend £20 million on the important Committee of Enquiry  drawing a line once and for all on the child abuse problems that Jersey ( and survivors  ) need resolving so at last, we can move forward. The actually cost is around £2 million leaving £18 million free to buy Plemont.

Of course the enquiry will ask deep and searching questions and it is not up the employer to pay for lawyers should the person being questioned find themselves in a difficult position just because they work for the States of Jersey that does not put them above the law.

Why on earth would any employer do that unless the employer ( States was / is corrupt ) and trying to protect  executive members, who may have been lower down the ladder years ago, maybe close friends using other peoples money ie the innocent hardworking taxpayers of Jersey to use advisory lawyers at £400 pounds an hour is Senator Bailhaches plan looking after his legal friends and protecting at the same time. Of course I am Joking, he would never do that, would he ?

Proper enquiry using Veritas Terms of Reference (TOR) and then buy Plemont.

Sorted.

bb   

« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 12:51:47 AM by boatyboy »