Author Topic: Sir Philip get on the election trail  (Read 9262 times)

Offline Calimachon

• http://www.amnesty.org.uk/
Re: Sir Philip get on the election trail
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2011, 05:33:24 PM »
I have no personal problems with Sir Phillip actually I like his dry sense of humour and  he is an incredibly intelligent and clever man. Boatyboy.

Yea!  Clever ok!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1ILPl5FQaM

I am careful whom I trust and then 'Semper Fidelis'

Cali  8)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 09:20:45 PM by Calimachon »
TOMORROW (Noun) = A mystical land where 99% of all human productivity, motivation an achievement is stored

Online Chevalier Blanc

« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2011, 09:32:59 PM »
Well if phil ( will not use capital letter ) gets in you know where he will get the money for his National Gallery, The States Reserves Fund. Never mind using it on the people of the Island to help us but OH! no the Gallery has to come first that is the way phil thinks!

Offline en830

« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2011, 10:01:22 PM »
Spotted out front at the Co Op Red Houses this afternoon !
You can't get good chinese takeout in China and cuban cigars are rationed in Cuba. That's all you need to know about communism

Offline Calimachon

« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2011, 10:47:33 PM »
Well if phil ( will not use capital letter ) gets in you know where he will get the money for his National Gallery, The States Reserves Fund. Never mind using it on the people of the Island to help us but OH! no the Gallery has to come first that is the way phil thinks!

Well if the Gallery is built at least the Old Age Pensioners can go in for the day, everyday, and sit and look at the exhibits whilst chatting and keeping warm, saving on their own heating bills.  I hope there will be lovely comfortable seats for us  ;D.

I can remember as a youngster visiting the Old Library in the Royal Square (where the elite have their sindigs and parties today) and trying to sit at the old table to do  my studies with all my books it was often taken up by pensioners snoozing.  This was always a puzzle to me but as I got older and a worker myself I realised that they could not afford to heat themselves and probably had nowhere else to go to keep warm.  Or, maybe they were just being crafty.

Cali   :)
Yes!  I know!  I spelt shindig incorrectly but maybe sindig is not wrong either. (Shock Horror)
TOMORROW (Noun) = A mystical land where 99% of all human productivity, motivation an achievement is stored

Offline boatyboy

« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2011, 11:59:50 PM »
Jersey & Guernsey Law Review – October 2009
One or two steps from sovereignty

Philip Bailhache

[12] The Group identified five areas for inquiry. They were (i) defence and internal security, (ii) international relations, (iii) internal constitutional considerations, (iv) economic considerations, and (v) other internal considerations.

The overall conclusion of the report was that Jersey was equipped to face the challenges of independence. The Island was already only one or two steps away from

http://www.jerseylaw.je/Publications/jerseylawreview/oct09/JLR0910_Bailhache.aspx

Part of a long document arguing that Jersey is close to being ready for independence, should the time come. It is completely overlooking the lack of accountability by Jerseys present Government or the shift of the tax burden from companies to working individuals. These problems ( but not for some ) should all be dealt with and then a referendum. The island belongs to its people, not 50 or so people that make up the States.

Then of course the really big question, do we choose the sterling or the euro, and why would they indeed let us use their currency, being Independent ?

BB
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 03:42:04 AM by boatyboy »

Online Chevalier Blanc

« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2011, 03:06:51 AM »
A free gallery you must be joking!

Offline wakey

« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2011, 03:31:06 AM »
Can anyone confirm that I heard correctly at the RJA hustings on Monday when Sir PB said that the planning application granted by Jerry Dorey's committee many years ago,  (and now blamed by Freddie Cohen for the building at Portelet), could have been easily revoked by some obscure legal procedure that he named, but I can't remember exactly.
If this is true, what, if anything  did he do to notify the public of  this option?

Offline Mark Forskitt

• A View from the West
« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2011, 03:40:01 AM »
Can anyone confirm that I heard correctly at the RJA hustings on Monday when Sir PB said that the planning application granted by Jerry Dorey's committee many years ago,  (and now blamed by Freddie Cohen for the building at Portelet), could have been easily revoked by some obscure legal procedure that he named, but I can't remember exactly.
If this is true, what, if anything  did he do to notify the public of  this option?

I am only going from memory here. He did talk of making more use of the 1974 law re agricultural sales to require land associated with large houses/estates to be restricted to occupation by bona fide agriculturalists.  I don't recall any mention of that  or another law being used for Portelet. I don't see how the 1974 agricultural sales law  could have been  applied to Portelet as it was not agricultural land, but a disused holiday development..

Offline Dundee

« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2011, 01:55:14 PM »
Mark is correct he raised it in respect of Agricultural use, and I think he said he was surprised it had not or was not used.

Offline wakey

« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2011, 12:04:32 AM »

Many thanks for clarification; it could still be a useful tool to restrict indiscriminate developement

Offline more

« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2011, 07:09:01 AM »

Can anyone remember the last Election when we had a greater number of deputies all in one go? It was mentioned here on Planet Jersey with (Honest)? Nev results being published every election on how the Senators were placed
 by this bookie was suggested, if anyone looked closely enough on how the Senators where placed. Routier won more votes than Ozouf  which seemed odd, Nev allso placed in the J.E.P.how each Senator would be placed as well as the Deputies. This blog asked bloggers if seeing this bookie placements, Could there be a code and stitch up,? telling Establishment supporters how to vote for their Members  who get in at every election remaining for year after year along with chosen new members chosen by establishment  thru'' Nev,''to get seats into the States.
      When this blog appeared last time between the Senators elected then the Deputies.  I believe as many as Nine Deputies
 (including new ones) were elected into the States. It would be interesting if people on seeing this blog did help get many new Deputies or more included as in the last election. Remains to be seen if this coming Election would do as well too with Senators. Maybe giving'(honest Nev)a miss at this forthcoming election by honest voters might be the answer. Replies please.

Offline JRCbean

« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2011, 05:24:10 PM »
where does honest Nev publish his odds?  When someone names themsleves as honest its usually implies the exact opposite in my experince, and that includes polititions.

JRCbean

Offline Calimachon

« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2011, 06:41:02 PM »
Where does (honest Nev) get his reputation.  What are his links, who are his relatives, all are honest, I hope.  We need some investigative journalism on this one.

Cali  :D ;D ;) ;)

Online Chevalier Blanc

« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2011, 06:56:42 PM »
Honest Nev is in St.John's Village.