Author Topic: Sir Philip get on the election trail  (Read 9267 times)

Offline rico sorda

• locked & loaded lets rock rsx
Sir Philip get on the election trail
« on: August 17, 2011, 11:37:38 PM »
I hear there is an advert in the JEP tonight advertising an evening with Sir Philip next week at St Pauls gate.  Anyone got the rag? Can someone publish the time please

rs
one ban away from oblivion rsx

Offline Chevalier Blanc

Re: Sir Philip get on the election trail
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2011, 07:05:21 PM »
I hope everybody users their 4 votes to anyone of the would be senators but not pip exbayleaf.

Offline Dundee

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2011, 11:49:17 PM »
I hope everybody users their 4 votes to anyone of the would be senators but not pip exbayleaf.

http://www.philipbailhache.je/

Any reason why? I will certainly struggle to vote for anyone better than him times four, the one thing I disagree on is the move to be more independent, which I think would lead to more problems and issues than benefits

Offline Mark Forskitt

• A View from the West
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2011, 11:54:25 PM »
http://www.philipbailhache.je/

The one thing I disagree on is the move to be more independent, which I think would lead to more problems and issues than benefits

Quite so.

Offline boatyboy

Re: Sir Phillip get's on the election trail
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2011, 02:36:00 AM »
The BBC interview had a problem this morning, no doubt Ryan that works for them and is a long standing member of pj may be able to advise as to why the telephone number that we all know and love was changed before the show ? this could have confused people wanting to phone in, and ask their questions.

It did seem to me to be rather like a friends reunion between Sir Phillip and Rose Colley both qualified lawyers. That said Sir Phill  put his views over clearly,  but Rose waffled a lot and used  two hundred words when twenty would have been plenty.

One of the question's, asked was about the wages paid to states members and would they give theirs  to charity if elected? The answer was no with Sir Phillip openly ( and honestly I thought )  he commented he would be worth the payment if elected. Fair enough.

The problem is that low and middle income earners are now bearing the brunt of Jersey's tax burden. It is also written into the job title that politicians must get value for money. I not sure Sir Phillip or Rose Colley would bother them to selves much on that score. The reason is in the article below. If the JEP are correct in their figures what on earth do the Bailiff and Crown officers spend all that money on per year ? 

JEP

Figures obtained by the Jersey Evening Post under the Code of Practice on Public Access to Official Information reveal for the first time the scale of expenses claims by departments. Expenses claimed in 2008 totalled £2,795,460, slightly up on the £2,683,381 claimed in 2007.

The figures show that the Health Department spent more than £800,000 on travel for staff over 2007 and 2008, that Home Affairs spent more than £100,000 on meals and refreshments over the same period and that the Bailiff’s Chambers and Law Officers claim total expenses worth almost £250,000 per year.

http://www.thisisjersey.com/2009/06/18/28-m-the-annual-bill-for-civil-servants-expenses/

Boatyboy.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 02:55:58 AM by boatyboy »

Offline Chevalier Blanc

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2011, 10:26:07 PM »
Phil keeps on banging about a national gallery. Well if he wants one so much let him pay for it and it's up keep!
Like the way he answered the question about being CM. No i am not looking to be CM. What he did not say was if i was asked i would take it.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 11:50:58 PM by Chevalier Blanc »

ole razzy

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2011, 02:42:00 AM »
Well you can see who the JEP are backing in the Senatorials. Sir Philip all the way. In tonights paper we are treated to some quite sickly sweet toadying from Marianne Sunier. From what I know Mrs Sunier worked for many years in Public Relations at Crystal PR. The company is still in business and trades from an address on the Waterfront.

You can read the letter in full here; http://www.thisisjersey.com/2011/09/22/a-real-hope-for-political-change/

Do the JEP not have some form of ethical guidelines on this type of promotion come election time? Surely they should be demuring from such outlandish and one sided opinion management?

And what of Sir Philip's relationship with Mrs Sunier? Is she on the pay roll? And if so is this kind of promotion legally required to be accounted for under the election expenses law?

I understand that Mrs Sunier is now a member of Planet Jersey. Perhaps she would be kind enough to provide some answers to the last few questions?

Offline rico sorda

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2011, 03:08:39 AM »
The ethics of the JEP and Chris Bright can be read here

rs

ole razzy

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2011, 03:31:35 AM »
no link mr sorda!

Offline rico sorda

Offline danrok

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2011, 05:49:55 AM »
Bailhache allowed a convicted paedophile to be a policeman.  What more do I need to know at the ballot box?

Offline Res Nullius

• In his spare time, Terry is a koala bear.
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2011, 06:28:38 PM »
Bailhache advised his mate on how to bring an archaic type of appeal.  He then sat as the judge hearing his friends appeal.   ;)

His friend, rather unsurpisingly, won the case. 

That tells me all I need to know about the mans ethics.   He will NOT be getting my vote.
Braille dartboards for the blind drunk

Offline man in the street

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2011, 10:40:31 PM »
mrs sunier, is quite a nice lady, many years ago i did work for her, on her and her husbands home, nice people to work for.
 also she won buisiness woman of the year  in the past, what she does today  i do not know  and  in the past i belive she worked for a bank.
 i still bump into  mrs sunier , now and again  and we always have a hello,  how are you.  i fyou are on here marianne , please  speak up , i for one know  you have the backbone for it.

Offline boatyboy

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2011, 12:41:13 AM »

Sorry Man in the street -Who is Mrs Sunier ?  Should you be starting a new thread, what has she to do with Sir Phillip ? I admit to being completley lost by your post  ::)

BB

Offline rico sorda

« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2011, 01:00:40 AM »
Below is my email response to Senator Ferguson and all States Members following the recent Scrutiny Report (found here) about the Lime Grove property negotiations. My full media statement can also be read here.

“Dear Sarah

Thank you for your Panel’s report.

After all the considerable effort to provide the Panel with evidence, I was disappointed there is not a definite conclusion, However, I was pleased to read no criticisms in any recommendations and the Panel acknowledges some of the complicated issues that arise during property negotiations.

I welcome the decision to ask the Comptroller and Auditor General to review some of the remaining issues.

I think it would be helpful if you could publish the evidence contained in my full response to the draft report on the Scrutiny website.

Moving forward, it is clear there will be no loss of £8 million and that a States-owned site can meet all the needs of the police in one building and this is the best way forward for police efficiency, value for money and for releasing the maximum amount of land for affordable and social housing in St Helier. I would very much welcome your involvement on the Police HQ Steering Group.

The Assistant Treasury Minister with responsibility for property, Constable John Refault, will provide progress updates on this matter in the coming weeks.

Kind regards

Philip”