Author Topic: Total inventions and wrongful assumptions by BDO Alto says Lenny Harper.  (Read 6785 times)

Offline boatyboy

The biggest hottest story in town is the scrutiny revue by BDO Alto report into the financial spending of the SIO policeman in charge. For a Breakdown and thoroughly good read of the farce that unfolds go to the "Devil is in the Detail " excellent reports by Rico Sorda in 18 yes 18 different parts that produce affidavits e-mails and factual evidence that obviously many in Jerseys' Government never thought would happen.

This is truly an Editor of Channel TV. BBC Jersey or even the JEP's early Xmas present, as there are so many wonderful stories that they could give us. Lets have a go at being amateur editors and put up some factual but customer grabbing headlines.

Possible Headline Grabbing Stories by Jersey's Media might look like.

Independent  police officer to work with BDO Accountants,  brought in by acting police chief new each other for 25 years admitted Mr Kellet the man involved.

How about ,

Top numbers man, in charge at Home Affairs Steve Austin Vautier, tries to side step all responsibility. Retired Police Chief Power asks why ?  it was his job, we are policeman, he is legaly responsible in charge of spending taxpayers money,  that’s what he does,  we catch criminals.

or

Confidential private Information from reports and e-mails regarding police investigation, goes AWOL, appearing in all the wrong places. Is Emma Martin from data protection, jumping up and down and investigating, or hiding in her office ? 

Even

BDO Alto Jersey paid £64,000 but could not get permission From top Cop Gradwell to interview Harper.  Should they have walked rather than come up with half baked report. Do taxpayers get refund ?

Finally

Biggest Scandal  and waste of taxpayers money ever, caused by Government department's botched effort to discredit  Jersey's two former top policeman ?

BB
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 02:09:25 AM by boatyboy »

Offline GeeGee

Boatyboy - I see you commented quite early this morning, and what has appeared in the Rag? Nowt, absolutely nowt.

Here goes then -

Ex SIO Gradwells behaviour was deplorable says his old friend Mike Kellett                             

Mike Kellet says he is 'bemused' by matters he only became acquainted with 24 hours previous  to giving his evidence at Scrutiny     

Home Affairs Minister goes on a 3 month sabbatical to see if he can remember whether he was involved in the TOR or not   

S A-V cannot explain why the Jersey Evening Post turned 'just an audit' (his words) into a full 4 page sensationalist damning report into Lenny Harper and Graham Power   

Oh what tangled webs they weave                     
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 09:21:38 PM by GeeGee »

Offline boatyboy

Rico Sorda was invited to speak at the Scrutiny hearing regarding the BDO Alto Jersey   financial report on the spending of SIO Harper.

He has painstakingly  researched and come up with evidence that lays bare the truth surrounding  and trapping the  Home Affairs Department lead by Minister Ian Le Marquand.

Rico Sorda has always said that it is not about poitics, not about personalities its only about the truth and transparency. His article on the actual scrutiny enquiry starts with the words,

Quote,

An Astonishing Submission by the former Acting Chief Police Officer David Warcup

BDO Alto & Mike Kellett give evidence before the Scrutiny Panel - Their evidence is staggering, among other things it contradicts everything David Warcup say's in his submission

Senator ILM came before the Scrutiny panel looking a little puzzled he left totally dazed. The Senator came with nothing - he couldn't answer any questions

To read more please click on link.

http://ricosorda.blogspot.com/

Saturday, July 16, 2011

HOLLYWOOD HARPER??? BDO Alto .19

Offline rico sorda

• locked & loaded lets rock rsx
one ban away from oblivion rsx

Offline Calimachon

• http://www.amnesty.org.uk/
Re: Total inventions and wrongful assumptions by BDO Alto says Lenny Harper.
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2011, 03:07:32 AM »
I notice that BDO Alto Jersey were advertising for a load of staff on States of Jersey Website recently.  One can only wonder why?

Cali  ::)
TOMORROW (Noun) = A mystical land where 99% of all human productivity, motivation an achievement is stored

Offline boatyboy

« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2011, 12:07:14 PM »
Published and now in the public domain, and it makes shocking reading. 

Issues surrounding the review of financial management of Operation Rectangle.

It is unfortunate that I find myself feeling no option but to use this foreword to outline some of the concerns the sub-panel has experienced in carrying out our review rather than discussing the findings themselves in depth. Fortunately, however, I believe the following report speaks for itself: its findings being based as all Scrutiny must be on hard, evidenced facts.

I also feel that I must comment upon the company’s unprecedented attempt (as far as I am aware) to bill Scrutiny for its participation in the review to the sum of approximately £14000 (discounted from £26000!). That included in this huge sum was a charge for attending a meeting set up by Scrutiny.

http://ricosorda.blogspot.com/

More informed information here with a video of the Chairman Deputy Pitman.

One of the key issues highlighted in the Sub Panel's Report is the role of Jersey's State Media, the mis-reporting, the non-reporting and creating a completely false impression to its audience.

http://voiceforchildren.blogspot.com/2011/11/state-media-and-scrutiny.html

Offline boatyboy

« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2011, 11:58:27 PM »
Miss Tucker in her piece on the long awaited BDO  scrutiny report is playing it safe by inviting the main players to speak. The good news is the interview touched the spot and was fairly balanced in as much as it was fair to all sides which is the way it should be. Well done BBC .

So using my own words, to give a taste,

BDO refuses to comment, hiding away.

Ian Le Marquand says that the professional media indeed sensationalised the story about the spending of £7.5 million this was inaccurate.

Mr Gradwell said he leaked nothing.

Deputy Pitman agrees with the home affairs Minister and says the professional media sensationalised the story.

Lenny Harper says it was a big investigation and as such mistakes were made they ( police) were not perfect.

Ben Shenton says the professional media reporting was very professional, and the report is biased and basically internet blogs cannot be trusted with facts, and why was money wasted on this report ?

Hear the short but revealing interview on the excellent thejerseywayblog.com

http://thejerseyway.blogspot.com/

My view is that Senator Le Marquand said that the professional media reporting was lacking, and is a truthful statement from him, one he did have to make, but well done to the Senator for doing so.

Ben Shenton has forgotten that Rico Sorda did the work originally and revealed that some strange  " evidenced " weird and wonderful happenings were going on in regard to the BDO alto financial report that needed a much deeper investigation.

Ben Shenton may have forgotten that many of his colleagues in the States voted for scrutiny to investigate the way BDO's put their report together.

The states supported scrutiny and their chairman Deputy Pitman who along with Le Herrisier, and Wimberley did an outstanding and balanced piece of work.

Grab a drink, relax, and read the scrutiny report here, but don't tell Shenton more evidenced documents have been put up on the internet, he will probably go into a sulk.

Read the report here

http://ricosorda.blogspot.com/2011/11/srutiny-sub-panel-review.html

BB
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 11:59:58 PM by boatyboy »

Offline newmac

« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2011, 01:51:45 AM »
I still can't get my head around why Shenton has been doing his best to discredit the Child Abuse Investigation right from the start, it's got to be something more than his obvious hatred of Lenny Harper, I can't believe any decent father would put dislike of a person above the safety and well being of children.

Anyone have any ideas why?

Offline Mark Forskitt

• A View from the West
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2011, 02:46:05 AM »
I still can't get my head around why Shenton has been doing his best to discredit the Child Abuse Investigation right from the start, it's got to be something more than his obvious hatred of Lenny Harper, I can't believe any decent father would put dislike of a person above the safety and well being of children.

Anyone have any ideas why?

It may be of no relevance whatsoever, but I would start by looking at which committees his father was on and chaired during his time in the States.

Offline newmac

« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2011, 04:29:00 AM »
I know Shenton snr was president of the defence committee from around '86, I'm not sure what other committees he was president/member of prior to that, but if it is to do with Shenton snr there has got to be some thing more than him just being a member of the committees involved unless there is hard evidence of him ignoring or covering up about things that were happening in Jersey care homes

Offline Chevalier Blanc

« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2011, 08:26:27 PM »
To my knowledge Shenton Snr. never sat on any committees that had control over children in any way. Shenton Snr. was known as "Tricky Dicky" and boy there are loads of stories about him from eye witnesses but cover up child abuse i cannot see that.

Offline boatyboy

« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2012, 01:38:02 AM »

If you remember,  the less than honourable BDO Alto, who invoiced the scrutiny panel £24,000 and then reduced it to a mere  £16,000 for spending time explaining how they had previously put together a report but actually did not interview Mr Harper, who was the chap at the centre of the report.

For this work they were paid £64,000. So when they were speaking to scrutiny they were just going over the work that had been completed but still wanted another £16,000. Deputy Trevor Pitman at the time refused even the idea of giving  them another penny of taxpayers money,  but did the Minister for home affairs pay or maybe BDO Alto invented other charges that Deputy Pitman has found out about.

Question. 7.

7. The Minister for Home Affairs will table an answer to a question asked by Deputy T.M. Pitman of St. Helier regarding the payment of the BDO Alto invoice relating to the financial management of the Operation Rectangle Review.

http://www.statesassembly.gov.je/AssemblyOrderPapers/2012/2012.01.31%20Order%20Paper.pdf

BB