Author Topic: Jersey University Student Survey  (Read 2741 times)

JerBizzy

Jersey University Student Survey
« on: February 15, 2011, 03:01:15 AM »
Hello All

I need my fellow islanders help for my major 2nd year university piece I am currently undertaking.
I am studying Motorsport Management in Swansea.

I am looking at starting a new theoretical Special Stage rally/Jersey Rally Championship as well as improving the communication between all parties/ the public’s perception and opinion and growing the sport. I wanted to gauge the general public’s opinion on the sport, whether you are interested and what would it need to do to adapt raise support for motorsport

Please can you complete the survey to help me with gaining information.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/6D66DCB

Please pass this on to other Channel Islanders. The more replies the better.

Thank you very much

Ben Buesnel

ole razzy

Re: Jersey University Student Survey
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 05:42:10 AM »
Welcome to Planet Jersey JerBizzy,

Lets all do the survey http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/6D66DCB

Planet Jersey has a resident petrol head in Pomme De Terre.

He also has green credentials.

PdT over to you.  ;D

Offline Pomme de terre

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2011, 06:51:48 AM »
I'm so green that I've started running the Lamborghini on chip fat!

I'll take a look at your survey Ben. I love the Jersey Rally but, having said that, I don't live on the route. I think the good old Jersey public is already tolerant enough of ye olde petrolhead, and asking for more road closures might over-egg it. Just my 2 cents.

Offline man in the street

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2011, 10:53:05 PM »
 done the survey. i do live on the rally route , only comes past evey two years , i think.
  its not that noisey, roar zoooom  and they are gone  into the distance ,  i fail to see why people moan.
 i don't moan about the dog walkers who fail to pick up.

Offline Dylan

• HELP!
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2011, 03:10:58 AM »
Dogs do, I do. QED
!dereggub si draobyek ym kniht I

JerBizzy

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2011, 04:51:14 AM »
Many Thanks ole razzy

Pomme de terre and man in the street, thank you for your replies and feedback.

It is an interesting debate. Why is Jersey's attitude and culture different from other places that hold closest road motorsport. E.G the Isle Of Man or Ireland.

The Isle Of Man has the TT as its figure head event but also has other well known events such as the Manx International Rally (Part of the main British Championship and Irish Tarmac Championship) and Manx National Rally (Part of the British Tarmac Championship) as well as other local events such as rallies, hillclimbs, sprints etc. 

Why is it that Jersey has a perceived negative view as regards to motorsport? Where as the Irish and Manx residents embrace it?

Interesting topic I feel.........

Offline Calimachon

• http://www.amnesty.org.uk/
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2011, 05:00:19 AM »
One interesting aspect could be the size of the population compared to the other regions you mentioned. 

Jersey has been slowing down since the tourist trade moved away.  I don't think it would have been feasible to shut down roads when the tourist industry was at its height - bad enough when the Battle of Flowers or the Air Shows are held, even now it is a bit of a humbug that we put up with.

Sorry I am one of the 'stick-in-the-muds' who prefer a quiet life.

Good luck with your survey though and with your Motorsport Management course. :)

TOMORROW (Noun) = A mystical land where 99% of all human productivity, motivation an achievement is stored

Offline Mark Forskitt

• A View from the West
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2011, 01:03:02 PM »
The Isle of Man got into motor races early by dint of a legal quirk.  It was at the time the only place where someone (the AG I think) had authority to close the roads. So it was the only place in the British Isles that could host racing.   Jersey did have a significant annual motor racing event using a curcuit from the Grand Hotel out to Bel Royal and back before the war.
Racing cars is unnecessary, dangerous, noisy, polluting and inconvenient.

Offline Fritz

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2011, 01:12:58 AM »
I was disappointed that Jersey didn,t re-introduce the old Grand to Bel Royal race circuit for Classic racing cars.

"Safety Elf", stopped it in its tracks apparently.

Offline man in the street

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2011, 02:27:25 AM »
round the island road race, yes please.
 safer than the  st cath's to le-braye, late night blast,  7 minutes ( dt 250 yamaha )
 and a 850  mini beat a ford mexico, temps past. hypotheticaly speaking.
  the days when night clubs closed at 1 am and no dancing on a sunday.

Offline Dundee

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2011, 02:30:23 AM »
Hello All

I am looking at starting a new theoretical Special Stage rally/Jersey Rally Championship as well as improving the communication between all parties/ the public’s perception and opinion and growing the sport. I wanted to gauge the general public’s opinion on the sport, whether you are interested and what would it need to do to adapt raise support for motorsport

Please can you complete the survey to help me with gaining information.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/6D66DCB

Thank you very much

Ben Buesnel

The questions and answers are very bias towards the pro rally side. Not exactly a balanced survey. No where could I put the alternative of a Pink Floyd concert and an International yacht race or tall ships leg.