Author Topic: Portlet Common & Hamstead Heath  (Read 10789 times)

Online Chevalier Blanc

Re: Plemont Common & Hampstead Heath
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2010, 05:53:00 AM »
Well Moot the headland used to be private but it was given to the National Trust. It used to be a bird sanctuary but once it was opened up all of a sudden the homo took it over. People who used to go fishing there soon got out of going there. The Parish Police were going to take action on this about 3 years ago when somebody reported what they had come across. The wildlife there has all but gone and i am taking about feathered birds.

Offline Pomme de terre

Re: Plemont Common & Hamstead Heath
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2010, 06:11:45 AM »
Hmmmm - joining the 'honorary's' kinda goes against my principles and anyhow what would you do with them once they were all 'rounded up'??? Tell em to stop being gay???

For the record  ::) my post was only meant to address the "Is it OK for an aroused male to sunbathe naked in public" aspect of your question. It's probably fine for a nudist resort. Less so for a National Trust headland where you can take the kids...

ole razzy

« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2010, 01:52:37 PM »
I know I know I wan't being serious but as always you raise a fair point. So if there was to be an official nudist beach in Jersey which one would be most suitable and which States member is best placed to take a proposition to the house?? ::) LOL!

Offline Dylan

• HELP!
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2010, 03:02:32 PM »
I think St Ouens because it would give people the opportunity of getting away as far from trouble as possible!

Tel, not because he's androgenous but because he must be the biggest pr!ck we have ever had in charge.
!dereggub si draobyek ym kniht I

Offline Dylan

• HELP!
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2010, 03:58:25 PM »
By the way, my bro tells me there is a new film coming out - Brokeback mountain 2, starring Angelina Jolie and Jennifer Aniston. I think I'll swallow my pride and go see this one ...............
!dereggub si draobyek ym kniht I

Offline tonytheprof

« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2010, 10:31:40 PM »
Back in the 1980s, there was a suggestion of making Beauport a nudist beach. That was not fiction.

Mind you, Charlie Hungerford was going to have a huge folding dome over it to make it an all weather location. (Ok that was fiction)

Online Chevalier Blanc

Re: Plemont Common & Hampstead Heath
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2010, 05:15:23 AM »
In the late 50's early 60's many film stars used Beauport Beach. There was alot of nudity and not just by the film stars. Remember the locals did not have cars then to expense for them and nobody wanted to go to the other side of the Island to go on the beach so there was not many people there.
Rock Hudson and Yvonne de Carlo made a film there called "The Sea Devils" also behind Gorey Castle on the beach there.

Offline tonytheprof

« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2010, 06:18:19 AM »
Yes, it was based on Victor Hugo's "Toilers of the Sea", but they filmed in Jersey rather than Guernsey. And they missed out the haunted house.

Rock Hudson was rather wooden, I remember.

They filmed Gorey from behind for a French chateau! Then cut to an interior which was obviously not Gorey castle - lights, chandeliers, windows etc.

Wasn't Yvonne de Carlo the vampish Lily Munster in the Munsters?

The Python Team also filmed nearby in Jersey - St Brelade's Church doubled as "St Loonies", and they all ran madly inside. They also filmed at Gorey, and possibly at Beauport.

Stock footage of Corbiere Lighthouse appeared at the start of an episode of "The Champions" on ITV when a submarine is spotted adrift by a lighthouse keeper - off the North Coast of Scotland!!