Author Topic: Personal abuse just when PJ starts working well again.  (Read 12051 times)

vlad1m1r

Re: Personal abuse just when PJ starts working well again.
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2010, 06:54:16 AM »
Hi Vlad you asked for a responce.

Debate is good and the general view is that at the moment the freedom of expression is stifled in Jersey by a biast and self serving media spin machine. The BBC seem to be snapping out of it as they are taking a thrashing on the bloggs the game is up and they receive the licence fee.

The good news is that many intelligent thoughtful, and truly clever people like Danroc, Newmac and others,  seem to be able to pull out relative information from the most amazing places. Forest and Durendal are informed but I do not agree with some of their views, but what the hell, thats life, and they put their points over exceedingly well

Then you have the one line, look at me crowd, if  you shown a glimmer of intelligence, you get insulted. Putting together a reasonable opposite view is to much like hard work for them, spoilt kids comes to mind.

Having been a Mod on here when the figures ( and its a fact ) were averaging 114 people per hour, I did some research into why good forums collapse. Its because like an open party which starts out as good fun and well intentioned, some for their own reasons ( not the majority ) will aways spoils it and a downward spiral of arguments and rudness shifts the focus of debate into the negative  and eventual complete failure of the site.

This is why keeping to the rules is absoultely essential.  Only the Mods and Admin Adrian are able to do this. I have no problem with learning and accepting better informed or views which userp mine. Its called debate non fact, non evidenced out of touch personal views will not change mine.

Sorry if this does not read that well or has spelling mistakes have to rush.

Boatyboy

You're quite right of course, - I'm still impressed by the level of Patronage PJ experiences anyway. Did this forum then have a "Golden Age"? - maybe the answer is to try and raise its public profile with a little advertising?

If we have to make a choice however I would rather see controversial and even inflammatory posts on here rather than none at all. I can't complain in any case as I've been suggesting that we reduce prison terms for people convicted of child abuse and use the resources for better surveillance and therapy to detect crime and prevent it from being committed in the first place. As you can imagine this has caused quite a stir.

Nevertheless I welcome all opinions and frankly those people who do as you say and leave a one line comment with a swear word, are easy enough to ignore or flag.

V.

Offline !CaveMan

This site is always down
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2010, 03:58:53 PM »
Well the last time I managed to view and write to this site was 21st of Jan 2010 its now the 26th of Jan 2010!
dunno whats goin on with it but I sent a message to the mods and never had a reply
that was b4 xmas, I visit it every day and get the same  message unable to connect??????? ???

Offline Chevalier Blanc

« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2010, 07:23:56 PM »
I strongly agree with Vlad1m1r he hits the button right on the nail. Agree to differ and argue your corner by all means but the insults from who we know is just not on! Any newbie may leave PJ on the first insult that he or she gets from you know who and that just is not good enough if you want PJ to survive.

Offline Chevalier Blanc

« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2010, 07:29:21 PM »
I think everybody should just total ignore spartacus, do not answer any of his postings let rant on his own for awhile and just maybe in would like to interact with other members in a polite way.

Offline boatyboy

« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2010, 10:27:51 PM »
Chevalier Blanc

Thats it a very good plan. Bullies hate to be ignored,

"Nice one"  

BB

PS it is a shame that all the rules of this Forum are clearly in the waste bin.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 10:31:01 PM by boatyboy »

Offline Dundee

« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2010, 11:48:57 PM »
I think everybody should just total ignore spartacus, do not answer any of his postings let rant on his own for awhile and just maybe in would like to interact with other members in a polite way.

So are you the only one allowed to criticise others in a defamatory manner. Clean your own act up before becoming the holier than thou.

« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 01:56:54 AM by Dundee »

rogueelement

« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2010, 12:12:07 AM »
As a profound atheist , I thought Vlad hit the nail on the head , when he said , "Let he who is without sin, cast the first stone"

I think i have also said that several times on here , but ,,,alas ,to continue  the biblical references , it really is like casting pearls before swine ,
Chevalier I think you are a lovely human being ,bereft of course of intellect and writing ability but I love you none the less !
The theme that has driven all of you Syvretshites mad , is a wild , ludicrous attachment to a persona out of kilter with reality.
I know it would be fabulous if anything he said was true or even remotely exciting , but it remains the same tittle tattle , gossip, "I will prove to you all" conjecture and nonsense, whilst sitting in a London Hotel and applying for political asylum in New Zealand ....for gods sake !
Vlad , who appears to be an entirely sane person, although , having read his letter in last nights evening post , may himself , be slightly economical with the truth , having converted  his support for paedophiles (Sorry not support, a questioning of judicial reference) to support for lesser crimes such as drug dealing, and I can see his point ! Abolish all crime , all laws and before you know it we will be crime free!!  I look forward to Vlad (Not the Impaler , but perhaps of the russian author status ) If he  he has the time and can get over his "I am so fantastic that if I was chocolate I would lick myself to death"  to pass  on his wisdom

Offline boatyboy

« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2010, 05:24:36 AM »

Dundee you said.

Can you inform us of what articles or issues of yours the media have stifled?

The media is not self serving it serves the public demand, if it fails in that respect it also fails.

Read Fritz on here today his comment I fully agree with. The States Communication department the spinners, would be stupid ( which they are not ) if they did not infiltrate all sites which are used to offer free debate.

You say they will fail.

Bit of a problem with the BBC with 350 million of licence fee in thier back pocket and the old dears always read the deaths births etc in the only JEP newspaper. In a large city certainly with decent papers to compete with, and yes probably one day in Jersey but not just yet.

Do you get overtime from the department Dundee to come on evenings, reading your posts again its clear your posts just read as spin. No passion for or against but, hey we all have to make a living.

Boatyboy.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 06:27:43 AM by GATTACA »

vlad1m1r

« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2010, 09:05:24 AM »
As a profound atheist , I thought Vlad hit the nail on the head , when he said , "Let he who is without sin, cast the first stone"

I think i have also said that several times on here , but ,,,alas ,to continue  the biblical references , it really is like casting pearls before swine ,
Chevalier I think you are a lovely human being ,bereft of course of intellect and writing ability but I love you none the less !
The theme that has driven all of you Syvretshites mad , is a wild , ludicrous attachment to a persona out of kilter with reality.
I know it would be fabulous if anything he said was true or even remotely exciting , but it remains the same tittle tattle , gossip, "I will prove to you all" conjecture and nonsense, whilst sitting in a London Hotel and applying for political asylum in New Zealand ....for gods sake !
Vlad , who appears to be an entirely sane person, although , having read his letter in last nights evening post , may himself , be slightly economical with the truth , having converted  his support for paedophiles (Sorry not support, a questioning of judicial reference) to support for lesser crimes such as drug dealing, and I can see his point ! Abolish all crime , all laws and before you know it we will be crime free!!  I look forward to Vlad (Not the Impaler , but perhaps of the russian author status ) If he  he has the time and can get over his "I am so fantastic that if I was chocolate I would lick myself to death"  to pass  on his wisdom

Some people might be upset with Spartacus for revealing the true identity of a forum member but I suspect that I wouldn't get away with writing to the JEP without somebody picking up on the coincidence.

As for the quality of my "wisdom", although I am touched, I am merely passing on the findings of the Crime Prosecution Service, Death Penalty Information Centre, and the UK Sentencing Advisory Panel amongst others. You may find it convenient that the data I present is in line with the suggestions I make.  This is a risk you will take if you lend yourself to subjective opinions as opposed to educating yourself through assimilation of data.

I feel I owe you an apology as I have engaged in a rather blatant skulduggery. First by researching a particular topic, then through presenting my findings based upon data gathered by official government sources. No doubt I caught you unprepared for such a furious assault on your cherished notions that all of society's problems can be resolved at the end of a noose.

It was also particularly cruel to ask you about aspects of your posts which you had previously ignored such as "How can we catch them in the first place?"

As such I believe it is I, not Spartacus who should be censured for the following heinous infractions:

a) differing from the norm through being a secular, rationalist, liberal.
b) allowing data to inform my opinions rather than jump to conclusions.
c) researching and referencing my posts.
d) presenting those findings without accusing anyone of being a "ballsack".

The above acts have undoubtedly been to the detriment of years of entrenched bigotry and has cast a sickly pall over the festering spirit of Thatcherism in the island. I may go so far as to say that some of what I have written may have caused fascists across all twelve parishes to have trouble digesting their Champagne brunches in abject horror of the idea of liberal reform. Some may even have skipped brunch altogether and gone straight to Elevenses.

Having upset the social order to this degree, I am only surprised that other posters have not done as Spartacus has and suggested that I mount the very gallows I so oppose. I humbly throw myself on the mercy of the moderators here and sincerely apologise for using this forum for its intended purpose.

V.

p.s From re-reading Spartacus' post it would seem I am obliged to make another heartfelt apology for not specifying in my letter to the JEP that the original debate started on PJ was regarding how to deal with child abusers, not drug dealers. Despite the fact that the principles of prevention of crime through better policing and presumably better deterrence through execution would still seem to apply, the error is regretted.

It does speak volumes however that he does not feel that such barbaric punishments are warranted for other types of crime. If I were at all suspicious I might feel this proved my fears that people were letting their anger about child abuse blind them to the matter at hand. It's very interesting how when the element of paedophilia is replaced by a more common crime that we all seem to regain some perspective...

« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 09:07:56 AM by vlad1m1r »

vlad1m1r

« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2010, 09:16:44 AM »
I strongly agree with Vlad1m1r he hits the button right on the nail. Agree to differ and argue your corner by all means but the insults from who we know is just not on! Any newbie may leave PJ on the first insult that he or she gets from you know who and that just is not good enough if you want PJ to survive.

I'm forced to agree with Spartacus on this one. Anyone who left at the first insult probably wouldn't be up to the task of fighting their corner. We have a framework which protects people from excessive insults, threats, slander, revealing personal information and so forth but it still gives us considerable scope.

I have actually found it quite enjoyable debating on here and as long as people like yourself are around Chevalier to welcome and support new members I feel sure that newcomers will feel the same way.

V.

rogueelement

« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2010, 12:56:56 AM »
I think that is sooooooooo touching! Can we have a group hug?
Cb is a legend in my book , would love to have a pint with him , but knowing his type , would probably be dieing of thirst before he bought me one back

Offline Dylan

• HELP!
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2010, 09:21:12 PM »
Hi Vlad,

PJ has historically in my view been a myriad of very entertaining banter, mixed with some extremely bright opinions and very searching political queries. Many "truths" which are rumoured get shot down quickly when they have no substance. In general, PJ has in the past been a breath of fresh air as the musings of a number of posters have kept the banter alive.

Of late, there have been a series of single subjects which have dominated PJ. As with a newspaper, if you read the same headline every day, you would probably stop buying the paper as the repitition would become boring. PJ is no different.

I keep referring back to the days of 150+ posters online when the mish-mash was genuinely interesting. Of course we had an up and coming election to assist the leves of interest and conjecture.

I agree with you that PJ could do with some advertising slots, it has always been in my mind to set up a site as a "whistleblowing" site for Jersey, PJ could if it wanted to attract more interest could engage this idea.

Perhaps the Mods are already aware of this though.
!dereggub si draobyek ym kniht I

Offline iruka

« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2010, 04:09:06 PM »

In my case, I like to ask questions as it sounds less confrontational. For example, "Have you thought about XYZ" rather than "You haven't thought about it, what the hell is wrong with you?!" This can give you pause for thought as we may have well been blinkered by holding too narrow a perspective on a particular issue.

Hi Vlad

I tried that tack with the troll for a VERY long time. It's getting tedious now. Some people don't have the intellect to engage at that level.

Offline boatyboy

« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2010, 04:44:13 PM »
Yep I think you have a point Iruka,

Sparty latest intelligent informative and important offering is below.

Quote:-

Thank god you obtained all this information from a reputable source , or i would just consider you barking! Fantastic info BB , nearly as good as what i read  in tonights JEP!
Anything factual you may care to add ?
Please note ,,,nearly 4 lines!
T wat.

Un quote.

There you go Sparty you are actually learning, you noticed it was political information, well done you are getting there, all be it slowly. The Forum is a Political Forum its says so on the home page you have obviously noticed........................at long last.

Several posters and Adrian recognize that you are good value, well you are, because every court needs a jester and clown and you are unable to write regular items reflecting the political changes on a small island.

Its a bore I know, posting links and using a reference from Hansard and other media and blogs to support your views and give an information source also proving facts. The thousands of thinking people of the island have the oppertunity to read further if they so wish, hence the links. If you like I can put a few spelling mistakes in to help you make fun. This will provide some help at your level.  

After all PJ can become a little heavy being political. Keep up the good work.

Boatyboy.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 08:52:05 PM by boatyboy »

Offline Dylan

• HELP!
« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2010, 12:10:34 AM »
You are damned right there BB once again on the button. Hell, I no longer have to snuck next door to steal the rag to find out what's goin on, man I just read your stuff!
!dereggub si draobyek ym kniht I