Author Topic: Personal abuse just when PJ starts working well again.  (Read 11877 times)

vlad1m1r

Re: Personal abuse just when PJ starts working well again.
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2010, 10:19:19 AM »
We have another new poster who debates well, and writes interesting themes, good news Vlad. welcome.

But over the hill comes Sparticus the bully who writes,

-------------------------------------------------------
Re: Do Paedophile Sentences need Review?
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2010, 01:10:18 AM » Quote  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do you not think it kinda strange , peculiar, that someone called Vladimir , wearing a weird kinda mask , obviously mad as a march hare, is on here at all, pleading the case for a light touch on paedophiles?? Vlad the impaler , the most famous of Vladimirs was an evil piece of shit , who,s idea of fun was to impale his enemies via their rectum on a spear.

Vlad feck off , you useless pile of shite , you are obviously a total weirdo.
mods , please remove this objectionable horror!
Oh so sorry , I forgot about the free speech rule for just a minute there!

PJ is already screwed up with the wittering ,commie ,pinko, lefty, tree hugging ,liberal, guardian reading muppetry .Can we have no redress?

----------------------------------------------------------------------

No personal abuse say the forum rules well I see plenty against a new member. What is worse just because I read newspapers including the Guardian on occassion I am insulted ........actually in his verbal not at all funny witterings all members are insulted. It begs the question why does a man with such a low view of PJ membership bother with PJ at all ?

This surely has to attract the attention of Admin Adrian or a sensible Mod who wants the rules (which are reasonable) to be respected. It could be that those in charge really do not want PJ to be a respected Forum for free debate. in which case abuse of new members will only take it down hill.

A two week ban would send the right message.

Boatyboy.

Many thanks for your support Boatyboy, I've said my piece above about this. Rest assured my fragile ego was not bruised on this occasion. :-D I would be very interested in hearing your views on the thread I mentioned.

All the best,

V.

mod5

« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2010, 04:30:33 PM »
Sparty

I have not asked for you to be banned

rs

May I catergorically say that other then the initial request at the very start of this thread, which is still under discussion between mods, there have been no other requests by members for fellow members to be banned and none have been. The primary concern of moderators is to ensure that the rules are adhered to as closely as is possible and that a free and open exchange of views is allowed without fear of direct and personal insults.

rogueelement

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2010, 10:35:49 PM »
Can we have a clarification of what personal abuse is ? i think gordon is at it all the time !
a clear indication of the lines of engagement would be very much appreciated !Since I do not know Batty Buoy on a personal basis , I can only judge his character from his ,,i was going to say written word,,, but lets face it ,,, its not his written word!! He is the cut and paste king!
I seriously think he is  the man who put the "cu.t" in S****horpe!

mod5

« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2010, 11:09:53 PM »
Spartacus, the T&C's are here http://planetjersey.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=3.0 but you knew that already!

The main issue after this weekend is 'personal attacks and insults'. The general concensus is that in order to have an informed debate its not neccessary to go down that road. We as mods are very aware when posters cross the line and send PM's to people to remind them to keep it in check. We also appreciate that this is not always easy, especially if debate becomes heated, that is why you can use the PM facility to continue your 'dialogue' outside the forum. This is especially useful when positions become entrenched and nothing new is coming forward.

So to all members please re-read the T&C's above. It is quite clear what is acceptable and what is not. And if at times your writing style is confrontational and could be construed as being offensive then take a moment to re-read it before you post. If in doubt stick to 'The Golden Rule"  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Golden_Rule_(ethics)

Offline Dylan

• HELP!
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2010, 11:55:05 PM »
Can we have a clarification of what personal abuse is ? i think gordon is at it all the time !
a clear indication of the lines of engagement would be very much appreciated !Since I do not know Batty Buoy on a personal basis , I can only judge his character from his ,,i was going to say written word,,, but lets face it ,,, its not his written word!! He is the cut and paste king!
I seriously think he is  the man who put the "cu.t" in SPansyhorpe!

Sir, it was Gordon, not me! Sir! Sir! Sir!
!dereggub si draobyek ym kniht I

Offline Dylan

• HELP!
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2010, 11:59:31 PM »
Sparty ole chumweed, dontcha know the difference between personal abuse and self abuse??

Offline boatyboy

« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2010, 12:21:07 AM »
Hi Vlad you asked for a responce.

Debate is good and the general view is that at the moment the freedom of expression is stifled in Jersey by a biast and self serving media spin machine. The BBC seem to be snapping out of it as they are taking a thrashing on the bloggs the game is up and they receive the licence fee.

The good news is that many intelligent thoughtful, and truly clever people like Danroc, Newmac and others,  seem to be able to pull out relative information from the most amazing places. Forest and Durendal are informed but I do not agree with some of their views, but what the hell, thats life, and they put their points over exceedingly well

Then you have the one line, look at me crowd, if  you shown a glimmer of intelligence, you get insulted. Putting together a reasonable opposite view is to much like hard work for them, spoilt kids comes to mind.

Having been a Mod on here when the figures ( and its a fact ) were averaging 114 people per hour, I did some research into why good forums collapse. Its because like an open party which starts out as good fun and well intentioned, some for their own reasons ( not the majority ) will aways spoils it and a downward spiral of arguments and rudness shifts the focus of debate into the negative  and eventual complete failure of the site.

This is why keeping to the rules is absoultely essential.  Only the Mods and Admin Adrian are able to do this. I have no problem with learning and accepting better informed or views which userp mine. Its called debate non fact, non evidenced out of touch personal views will not change mine.

Sorry if this does not read that well or has spelling mistakes have to rush.

Boatyboy
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 12:40:55 AM by boatyboy »

Offline boatyboy

« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2010, 12:38:50 AM »
Just to put the record straight Sparty, lets look at the real facts in the real world.

You said quote.

If no one responds there is no debate. I appreciate that Batty just wants everyone to become a believer but . That is not to be insulting ,it is an opinion on his terms of reference, his antics during the past 18 months  his shadowy postings on the syvret blog, his deceit and treachery and even his time as a moderator.

Your opening line I agree it takes more than one to make a debate.

Becoming a believer, are you talking about Budism, christianity, the film Avatar or Stuart Syvret ?

Shadowy postings on the Syvret Blogg, I would like to cut and paste the item I wrote but I will not as its now against the rules to confirm the postings on Syvrets Blogg.. Do you mean the one where I was critical of his editing, for using old family members and clearly signed Boatyboy. Not shadowy or concealed. By the way if any one wishes to offer sensible debate on any bloggs, I write on Vuedesisles also, its nothing to do with you.

Deceit and treachery. you are not gifted with a memory of your past postings in which you told all members you were a Mod. If you need to confirm this, ask Admin to look it up, its there, amongest your stream of one line throw away remarks normally off subject, hence trolling.

Finally you said

he needs to accept that i and others think he is stark staring bonkers.

They probably do, but whats that to do with you ?

I offer the old saying, words are cheap, now bring me the proof.

Boatyboy.

Offline Dylan

• HELP!
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2010, 12:54:50 AM »
Boatyboy.

Well said.

(no rerefernces required for this is an adjudged opinion).

Best Wishes,

Gordon.

rogueelement

« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2010, 01:03:14 AM »

That was probably a response !!

Debate is good and the general view is that at the moment the freedom of expression is stifled in Jersey by a biast
  (the word is biased)
 and self serving media spin machine. The BBC seem to be snapping out of it
 ( Snapping out of what?)
 as they are taking a thrashing on the bloggs
  (just one g required )
 the game is up  
 (what game?)and they receive the licence fee.
 ((err and your point is?)

The good news is that many intelligent thoughtful, and truly clever people like Danroc, Newmac and others

,(i,m having a wild guess you are including your deluded self)

seem to be able to pull out relative information from the most amazing places.

(that would be cutting and pasting from anywhere which appears to offer some lifeline to the shite Syvret has served up over the past 2 years)

Forest and Durendal are informed but I do not agree with some of their views, but what the hell, thats life, and they put their points over exceedingly well

Then you have the one line, look at me crowd, if  you shown a glimmer of intelligence, you get insulted   Thats Gordon brown for you ,,but he is a muppet

( I too have suffered , I know how that feels  i,m still crying!) .

Putting together a reasonable opposite view is to much like hard work for them, spoilt kids comes to mind.

( Opposite view?? to what?  an objection to mindless morons comes to mind)

Having been a Mod on here when the figures ( and its a fact ) were averaging 114 people per hour

(Could that have had anything to do with Senatorial Elections at the time or was it just your personality ?nah),

I did some research into why good forums collapse.
(have all the sites you visted collapsed?)

Its because like an open party which starts out as good fun and well intentioned, some for their own reasons ( not the majority ) will aways spoils it and a downward spiral of arguments and rudness

theres an E in that)

shifts the focus of debate into the negative  and eventual  

(theres a y on the end of that)

complete failure of the site.

(Well , you know the answer , set up the I agree with everything Batty Buoy site!, It,s not hard !)

This is why keeping to the rules is absoultely essential

(rules??? what are you talking about , did your god syvret keep to the rules ??).  Only the Mods and Admin  are able to sort this out on this site Thank god you were booted as a mod  because of your obvious prejudice and stand one step away from oblivion).

I have no problem with learning and accepting better informed or views which userp

(userp?? is that a word?? oh perhaps you mean usyrup??? have you got a wig? )

mine. Its called debate non fact, non evidenced out of touch personal views.

(Yes I can see you are usually on another planet! Debate is about facts clown , not conjecture, gossip, or i think,,,,,, otherwise it is just opinion,in my humble opinion, which i am always willing to review on fresh evidence, however I continue to believe you are a total and complete piece of irrelevant shite, who has run to syvret to blow this blog out of the water , gone crying to the mods when attacked by me and and cried and cried and cried whenever anyone has said something nasty ,,boooo hooo! feck off Batty so long as you exist and men can see I will make this blog a pain for thee......))

Sorry if this does not read that well or has spelling mistakes have to rush.

(Miss you already !)

Boatyboy

rogueelement

« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2010, 01:11:33 AM »
I should not have said that , as Chaucer might have said , i meant quint ! Good enough for a Linguistics master good enough for me!

Offline Dundee

« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2010, 01:19:27 AM »

Debate is good and the general view is that at the moment the freedom of expression is stifled in Jersey by a biast and self serving media spin machine. The BBC seem to be snapping out of it as they are taking a thrashing on the bloggs the game is up and they receive the licence fee.

Boatyboy

Can you inform us of what articles or issues of yours the media have stifled?

The media is not self serving it serves the public demand, if it fails in that respect it also fails.

On the subject of PJ working well, I would put falling numbers down to two issues:

1) the site had a spell of crashing or access problems especially at weekends, there is nothing more off putting than problems such as this, and the attitude of the mods not sticking their hands up and saying there is a problem on the nits and bolts of PJ

2) A site thrives on fresh, new, and vibrant discussion, sorry to say the topics appear to be stuck in some sort of time warp and never appear to move forward, just going over the same old ground.

rogueelement

« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2010, 01:29:41 AM »
LETS DO THE TIME WARP AGAIN!!!
I dedicate this to all you guys, all you guys who have pieces of Syvrets trousers to cling to when you lie in bed crying at night.
Uh huh , keep it real.

Offline Dundee

« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2010, 02:12:41 AM »
Sparty
          Gee where did you dig this out from, I know this is from Kiddies Voice and their latest scoop, why the local rag and the beeb have not published this is beyond me. I have passed this on to Deputy Diddly Squat our human right campaigner for unlimited police overtime.

Your post contains so many facts that I have seen time and time again, I can see no reason why our unelected highly educated independent bailiff and attorney general do not take this up and act upon it.

Offline ageofaquarius

« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2010, 04:16:48 AM »
okay enough already, this is so tedious
good night