Author Topic: Personal abuse just when PJ starts working well again.  (Read 12052 times)

Offline boatyboy

Personal abuse just when PJ starts working well again.
« on: January 24, 2010, 12:10:21 AM »
We have another new poster who debates well, and writes interesting themes, good news Vlad. welcome.

But over the hill comes Sparticus the bully who writes,

-------------------------------------------------------
Re: Do Paedophile Sentences need Review?
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2010, 01:10:18 AM » Quote  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do you not think it kinda strange , peculiar, that someone called Vladimir , wearing a weird kinda mask , obviously mad as a march hare, is on here at all, pleading the case for a light touch on paedophiles?? Vlad the impaler , the most famous of Vladimirs was an evil piece of shit , who,s idea of fun was to impale his enemies via their rectum on a spear.

Vlad feck off , you useless pile of shite , you are obviously a total weirdo.
mods , please remove this objectionable horror!
Oh so sorry , I forgot about the free speech rule for just a minute there!

PJ is already screwed up with the wittering ,commie ,pinko, lefty, tree hugging ,liberal, guardian reading muppetry .Can we have no redress?

----------------------------------------------------------------------

No personal abuse say the forum rules well I see plenty against a new member. What is worse just because I read newspapers including the Guardian on occassion I am insulted ........actually in his verbal not at all funny witterings all members are insulted. It begs the question why does a man with such a low view of PJ membership bother with PJ at all ?

This surely has to attract the attention of Admin Adrian or a sensible Mod who wants the rules (which are reasonable) to be respected. It could be that those in charge really do not want PJ to be a respected Forum for free debate. in which case abuse of new members will only take it down hill.

A two week ban would send the right message.

Boatyboy.

Offline Dylan

• HELP!
Re: Personal abuse just when PJ starts working well again.
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2010, 02:00:39 PM »
Two months?
!dereggub si draobyek ym kniht I

Offline Dundee

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2010, 03:46:29 PM »
Was PJ down over Saturday? I seem to have experienced the normal weekend crash. Or is just something else. Just when the truth was coming out as well, or did I miss that also?

I think Sparty should have 6 months as he has been so witty.

mod5

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2010, 04:17:20 PM »
This issues raised in this thread are under discussion in the mods tea room. Members wishing to make additional comment are most welcome.

Thanks

Mod5

Offline ageofaquarius

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2010, 05:05:53 PM »
so it was universal, PJ was unobtainable yesterday; and we all agree Sparty is a naughty boy and should curb his pen, be more tolerant towards other people who don't share his right wing opinions.

Offline Dundee

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2010, 07:13:00 PM »
This issues raised in this thread are under discussion in the mods tea room. Members wishing to make additional comment are most welcome.

Thanks

Mod5

May I suggest you seek legal advice from Bed row, they come highly recommended and receive frequent mention on here. I also suggest there is no infringement to his human rights, free speech and has the right to appeal and give his frank and honest appraisal of this delicate situation.

rogueelement

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2010, 11:18:11 PM »
I have heard of getting in touch with your feminine side Batty , but this is ridiculous, you are becoming a real whiner.
Please ban Batty Buoy for cutting and pasting offences against humanity and a further ban for whining.
Just as he thought hid crew were winning the argument on here , along comes the Evening Post to show how daft their beliefs were and out comes Batty buoy with a gripe about me.Is it cukkooo time already?
As for a banning , I would not care in the least , it,s hardly any form of punishment , unless of course you are addicted to cutting and pasting and seeing your name in lights.
The Mods have a tough enough Job trying to gauge the boundaries of respectability and legality on here without having to listen to whining prima donnas .
Ban the whiners!

Offline iruka

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2010, 11:57:00 PM »
Whole place has gone to the dogs.

Vlad seems to have a brain and new perspective.

I'm off.

Mods - please delete my account.  I have asked before you didn't do it.

Oh - that doesn't mean anybody has one. Quite the opposite.

mod5

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2010, 12:16:44 AM »
Iruka, I was not a moderator on PJ when you made your last request to delete your account but we have spoken since about the peculiatities of your account settings when I first started out as mod5. You made a decision at the time to remain active and I thought that was the right decision but I respect your wishes and will delete your account in 24hours if I have not heard anything from you to the contrary. Personally I think it is always a sad occasion when a long term poster takes this decision to leave the forum and I hope you might re-consider - hence leaving the door ever so slightly open. If not then I respect your decision, thank you for your contributions and wish you all the best for the future.

Mod5.

rogueelement

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2010, 01:56:49 AM »
Debate requires that someone puts forward a reasonable argument and that someone else argues against that proposition.
If no one responds there is no debate. I appreciate that Batty just wants everyone to become a believer but he needs to accept that i and others think he is stark staring bonkers. That is not to be insulting ,it is an opinion on his terms of reference, his antics during the past 18 months  his shadowy postings on the syvret blog, his deceit and treachery and even his time as a moderator.
Now there are lots of people who walk around Hyde Park carrying placards stating  "the end is nigh" and there are lots of people who point at these people , laugh at them and jeer as well . They may  have had some emotional turmoil, may have had physical trauma , who knows? The nett effect is that whatever the cause , they are gormless creatures who cannot be helped.
So for those anticipating apocolyptic events within our government or the return of the messiah on a golden cloud, I say , get some help mate , but please , most of all , do not bore me to tears with your relentless imbecility.
Now you might consider this to be provocative , but it is not meant to be, it is just that I do get really annoyed with some of the posters on here , who do not listen to the voice of reason (me) but prefer to live in fantasy land (them).
Perhaps we should call a truce , but we need some terms of reference , not a single mention of Kimble , until such time as he faces up to his responsibilities or resigns.
No more conjecture about Harper/ Power or any of the rest of the bull that has been going on forever.
We have more than enough interesting topics to discuss, debate , I have stated previously that out States has been let off the hook on here because certain posters are just so blinkered they cannot deal with anything outside of their fantasy saviour of the children concepts .A just cause ,,YES YES YES  but not the only thing in life. There are blogs devoted to that cause , join them ,buy the tee shirt, do what you like , but please offer proof of anything you might wish to add or say on this site devoted, allegedly, to politics.

Offline gladiator

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2010, 04:11:30 AM »
As a regular visitor and big fan of jersey I really enjoyed reading some very interesting debates on planetjersey in the past but I must say that I have noticed a major shift of the tone and content of the posts into a very sad direction of personal attacks, foul language and one liners.

I think the effect of that is sadly reflected in the small number of users. Do the mods agree with certain people dominating this previously excellent internet forum to be even more downgraded by frustrated, foul speaking and aggressive users? Reading those relentless aggressive personal attacks on and on again pushing the focus of the debate away just puts me off reading any posts at all and I don´t think i am the only one judging at the decline of the number of users.

Offline Fritz

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2010, 04:20:57 AM »
Your 8 posts speak volumes about your interest in the forum.

Offline Dundee

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2010, 05:51:49 AM »
As a regular visitor and big fan of jersey I really enjoyed reading some very interesting debates on planetjersey in the past but I must say that I have noticed a major shift of the tone and content of the posts into a very sad direction of personal attacks, foul language and one liners.

I think the effect of that is sadly reflected in the small number of users. Do the mods agree with certain people dominating this previously excellent internet forum to be even more downgraded by frustrated, foul speaking and aggressive users? Reading those relentless aggressive personal attacks on and on again pushing the focus of the debate away just puts me off reading any posts at all and I don´t think i am the only one judging at the decline of the number of users.

I am afraid you have to give Rico some leeway, he was taken over recently and has not been the same since.

Some people can put what they want to say better in one line, than you did in your seven.

vlad1m1r

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2010, 09:54:37 AM »

Thanks

Mod5

If I may venture an opinion, to date I have found it within my modest scope of written skills to counter my detractors on here. However I did report one post as I felt someone was implying that I should be executed for my opinions. I would have been more than happy if just that line in a single post had been modified but all things considered I think we all fend for ourselves fairly well.

I joined Planet Jersey to discuss a very, very contentious issue with all of you - that of protecting children but not at the expense of justice for all. Part of the thrust of my argument has been that some people are so blinded by their anger that they don't really care about who's guilty and who's innocent and therefore they're not much good at helping us prevent and detect crime.

As such when someone who shall remain nameless, repeatedly posts how much they'd enjoy torturing people to death because they've been accused of a certain crime, they only reinforce what I've been saying.

I can only speak for my own part of course and I understand PJ has its own rules but one of the reasons I joined was because we are more free to express our opinions on here than if we were forced just to write to the JEP or exchange the odd e-mail. I have been truly overwhelmed by the level of interest and support PJ has and frankly this forum is something I've wanted for Jersey for years.

From a tactical perspective however, I must say it is much more fun to cooly pick apart your fellow debater's argument while they rant like a spoilt child than the reverse.

V.

vlad1m1r

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2010, 10:13:47 AM »
Whole place has gone to the dogs.

Vlad seems to have a brain and new perspective.

I'm off.

Mods - please delete my account.  I have asked before you didn't do it.

Oh - that doesn't mean anybody has one. Quite the opposite.

Iruka,

Although I rarely find myself agreeing with Spartacus, he is right in saying this is a forum for debate. Obviously we should be able to draw the line when it comes to extremely abusive or defamatory language but the forum rules are for the moderators to decide.

As for the rest of us, it's inevitable we're going to come across people who do not share our points of view. If we are convinced that we are right in holding an opinion and wish to share them, some of us may be a little more robust than others in how we express it.

In my case, I like to ask questions as it sounds less confrontational. For example, "Have you thought about XYZ" rather than "You haven't thought about it, what the hell is wrong with you?!" This can give you pause for thought as we may have well been blinkered by holding too narrow a perspective on a particular issue.

Having said that and I am speaking as a Newbie on here, I think a lot of the frustration I see is from older members who have been on PJ for some time seeing people repeat the same points over and over. A good example is the one Spartacus used of the whole Syvret/Harper threads.

If I may plug my own point of view on here, in the long run these people do not matter as they have both deliberately absented themselves from island life. Surely the reason we belong to this forum is because we believe we are a part of that life and through discussion can work out ways to change it for the better in future?

It's for this reason that banning people with extreme view points (with the obvious exceptions of threats, racism etc.) really helps no one as we can't bring over anyone to our point of view. Similarly being disillusioned and withdrawing also removes your contribution which is necessarily valuable, from a public debate.

I very much hope that you don't leave. Better yet I hope you come over to the thread I started and voice your opinion - you may well disagree with me but I'd rather read your disagreements, indeed I'd rather read about you calling me everything under the sun, than not hear from you at all.

Democracy's beautiful people, let's not cheapen it.

V.