Author Topic: Reg's Garden concert police called.  (Read 15376 times)

Offline Pomme de terre

Re: Reg's Garden concert police called.
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2009, 07:05:07 PM »
Reg, as I recall, you rescued the bird that is losing its feathers from a worse fate, correct? There is a notice to that effect, is there not? Please could you confirm, if so I will raise an objection with Trip Advisor for you.

Offline RegL

« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2009, 07:51:10 PM »

I have this notice outside of Tu Tu's cage for all to see.

My name is Tu Tu and I say ” HELLO” to everyone.

I know that I look a bit scruffy, but as Reg will tell you, I have a bit of a rough time in my life.

Reg was told this story.
Some time ago I was given to a family, who, because I made a bit of a noise, kept me in a box room in their house. The cage that I was kept in was first covered with a plastic sheet and later because they thought that I made so much noise, covered the cage with a couple of blankets. I was in total darkness for about six years and because of the warm cage I lost all my feathers. I was as bare as a newborn baby.

At the end of my stay with the family I was thrown out of a window and picked up and almost shaken to death by seagulls, when the next door neighbour hearing my cries, came to my rescue, chased the gulls away and took me along to the Jersey Animal Shelter.

Happy ending
The good people at the shelter kept me for a month hoping that I would recover a get my feathers back again. I was fit and healthy but I still did not have much in the way of feathers. I had scars where the gulls had ripped me and I had a few stubby feathers around my legs, but nothing else.

Eighteen months ago the shelter asked Reg if he would like to have me to look after because he had other birds to keep me company.  He said that he would take a chance and take me in. ………….He is OK.

NOW COME ON, YOU SAY “ HELLO “

I am a Lesser Sulphur-crested Cockatoo

Offline Fritz

« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2009, 09:15:56 PM »
Keep up the good work Reg.

Offline RegL

« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2009, 10:03:00 PM »

Thanks Fritz, I will try....ha ha

Offline Pomme de terre

« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2009, 10:45:59 PM »
Reg, I have sent the following feedback to the administrators of Trip Advisor, objecting to the posting:

The people who criticised Reg's Garden, Jersey, completely missed the following notice which is on the cage of the cockatiel concerned:

[your message here]

Furthermore, the tortoises do not live in a filthy pen and, far from being "appallled" the many animal lovers amongst Jersey's resident population of 90,000 who regularly attend Reg's Garden (which operates purely for charity) would have had him closed down by the authorities long ago if this were the case. The comments are unbalanced and do not reflect the reality of Reg's Garden - a haven for wildlife, plants and people.

Hopefully, the original inaccurate comments will get amended

Offline RegL

« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2009, 10:57:44 PM »

Whow!...Phew!!... That's telling them Pomme de terre. Thank you very much for doing this for me.    Reg

Offline Pomme de terre

« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2009, 11:45:19 PM »
You're welcome Reg. You (and your garden) were once exceptionally welcoming to my family and I. It is a pleasure to defend your reputation.

Offline danrok

« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2009, 12:23:42 AM »
They once had a parrot a Jersey Zoo, and people would complain that it was sick and not well looked after, because it had a smoker's cough!

In fact, it was given a home when it's owner died, and the cough was just an imitation of its former owner's real cough.

Offline RegL

« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2009, 04:43:44 AM »

Hi danrok, You mentioned cockatiels loseing their feathers. I have been told that somtimes if the youngester is taking a long time leaving the nest to go out into the big wide world, the mother will start plucking the young to maintain her nest for the next sitting.

Last year, twenty-five new cockatiels hatched out successfully, and quite a few this year, and if say. another twenty and we had only one or two missing their feathers, those odds are pretty good don't you think?. Reg

Offline en830

« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2009, 09:15:31 PM »
Reg's garden is one of St Brelade's best kept secret. A few weeks ago I took my Aunt and Uncle there, they met Reg, had the obligatory cup of tea and sat and chatted for an hour. After we left they were full of praise. They have been coming to Jersey annually for more than 20 years, and this was the first time they had seen Reg's oasis !

As is the Jersey way, if it's good and does good, knock it till it falls down, then, once it's gone, moan because it was once there !
You can't get good chinese takeout in China and cuban cigars are rationed in Cuba. That's all you need to know about communism

Offline shaunsky1

« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2010, 03:31:16 PM »
would it not be more prudent of the ya hoo police to say to complainant its only for 30 mins more so shut the F****k up and let them play this gets right in my craw what did they do when they where kids stay in doors ye right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Chevalier Blanc

« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2010, 10:00:01 PM »
I have had the pleasure of meeting Reg and i will tell you that what he does is extremely good for the public of this island and the charities that he helps. I have said before that the person who got the police to come and stop his concert is a really mean tight b*****d who just wants to make more money by stopping people going to Reg's free cup of tea.

Offline Dylan

• HELP!
« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2010, 12:03:38 AM »
He's hardly likely to do anything else if he wants peops to visit his garden!

The thing is, is he all he takes credit for?
!dereggub si draobyek ym kniht I

Offline en830

« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2010, 07:16:38 PM »
The thing is, is he all he takes credit for?

Who Reg ?

In which case yes, and as he visits this forum I'm sure he'll add a suitable response to this query in due course.
You can't get good chinese takeout in China and cuban cigars are rationed in Cuba. That's all you need to know about communism

Offline Dylan

• HELP!
« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2010, 10:37:48 PM »
I look forward to that! Maybe he can answer his own questions as well!
!dereggub si draobyek ym kniht I