Author Topic: Reg's Garden concert police called.  (Read 15037 times)

Offline RegL

Re: Reg's Garden concert police called.
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2009, 06:47:35 AM »
I am the same Reg........ pleased that you enjoy visiting the garden... Have I made you a cuppa yet... No, then remind me to do so the next time you come.

Offline Chevalier Blanc

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2009, 03:06:06 PM »
That is extremely kind of but i would not expect anything else from a person like you. We are bring our grandchildren along this afternoon they wanted to come again. Shall see you later if you are not to busy.

Offline RegL

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2009, 04:10:32 PM »
Good, see you later. There is something going on in the garden this afternoon. You might be asked to pay to come in.... don't pay, just tell them you are friends and that you have come along to see me. ;) Reg

Offline Chevalier Blanc

« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2009, 08:58:19 AM »
Well members of PJ and anybody else reading this site that i went to Reg's garden yesterday afternoon with the grandchildren, there was a "Hunt the Spiderman" for the chidren in which a number of Spidermen were hidden all around the garden and you put the number of Spidermen that you found onto the back of a ticket that was given to each child. The entry fee for children all went to a charity and the prize drawn later that evening was for a child's bike. There was tea and cakes free to adults after playing "Hunt the Spiderman", all this took place all around Reg's lovely garden surrounded by flowers,water falls, and fish in the big pond, parrots and all sorts of birds and the huge tortoises. The children enjoyed the hour are so they spent there and want to go again. They like feeding the huge fish and the talking parrots, for the adults it is just nice to walk around this lovely garden which i may add is open every day "free". I hope the person who called the police awhile ago is reading this and feels ashamed of themselves when somebody takes the trouble to put on all sorts of entertainment for the youth free of charge and if there is any charge it goes to charity.
Thank you Reg for all you do and a lovely afternoon spent in you garden.

Offline Dylan

• HELP!
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2009, 05:05:26 PM »
Well members of PJ and anybody else reading this site that i went to Reg's garden yesterday afternoon with the grandchildren, there was a "Hunt the Spiderman"
Beats a witch hunt dunnit?
!dereggub si draobyek ym kniht I

Offline Durendal

« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2009, 05:15:02 PM »
Well members of PJ and anybody else reading this site that i went to Reg's garden yesterday afternoon with the grandchildren, there was a "Hunt the Spiderman" for the chidren in which a number of Spidermen were hidden all around the garden and you put the number of Spidermen that you found onto the back of a ticket that was given to each child. The entry fee for children all went to a charity and the prize drawn later that evening was for a child's bike. There was tea and cakes free to adults after playing "Hunt the Spiderman", all this took place all around Reg's lovely garden surrounded by flowers,water falls, and fish in the big pond, parrots and all sorts of birds and the huge tortoises. The children enjoyed the hour are so they spent there and want to go again. They like feeding the huge fish and the talking parrots, for the adults it is just nice to walk around this lovely garden which i may add is open every day "free". I hope the person who called the police awhile ago is reading this and feels ashamed of themselves when somebody takes the trouble to put on all sorts of entertainment for the youth free of charge and if there is any charge it goes to charity.
Thank you Reg for all you do and a lovely afternoon spent in you garden.

CB

Reg is a great bloke who is always ready to open up his home and garden for charitable causes

D

rogueelement

« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2009, 06:51:09 PM »
After all this correspondence ,surely somebody should tell us who Reg is and where he lives!
I for one would love to visit with my missus and she would probably bring a cake,(she is very good at cakes)
So hello Reg! where da hell r ya?
Rico , please stay away , this is a garden party type thing, not a rave.

Offline rico sorda

• locked & loaded lets rock rsx
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2009, 07:20:16 PM »
Christ sparty had my glow stick ready just in case ....

How about getting terry,ian, and bill up reg's garden and play hunt the missing millions

rs
one ban away from oblivion rsx

rogueelement

« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2009, 07:31:17 PM »
That would certainly put a new perspective on "leading us up the garden path"  hahahahahahahaahahah , er, i,ll get my coat...

Offline Chevalier Blanc

« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2009, 07:52:24 PM »
Reg's garden is right next to the old Silver Springs Hotel which is now a residential home called Four Season. The entrance to Silver Springs there is a lane on it's left just go down and follow the signs, there is plenty of parking and a warm welcome. I was talking to Reg and he was wondering how he could let many people know what was coming up events in the future, he as you will know is on PJ name REGL give him post.

rogueelement

« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2009, 08:25:50 PM »
Hats off to a decent fella! they are few and far between. Sorry i don't have a hat , but if i did, i would doff it in the general direction.

Offline en830

« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2009, 02:07:32 PM »
If you do visit, please make sure you say hello to Tu Tu and Charlie.

If you would like to see images of some of the events that took place at Reg's Garden in July, have a look at the July events page here.
You can't get good chinese takeout in China and cuban cigars are rationed in Cuba. That's all you need to know about communism

Offline RegL

« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2009, 03:22:45 PM »
On the 5th of July, a music performance held in Reg’s Garden Theatre ended on a sour note when I had to tell the audience just before 9.30pm that the St Brelade’s Duty Centenier had called to say that he had had a complaint from a neighbour who wishes to remain anonymous, to say that there was too much noise coming from the Garden Theatre. Since that performance I still find it very difficult to look at many of my neighbours in the eyes without thinking if it had been one of them that had complained. I would like to apologise to my ‘neighbour’ for any noise that he/she suffered at that time, if that was the case.

Now, just a few days ago, I discovered this article on an extremely busy website called ‘tripadviser’.  It is for travellers wishing to plan their holidays. Headed:  ‘St Brelade Reg’s Garden’.

“The garden is ok, but the conditions that the birds are kept in are disgusting...barren filthy concrete cages with no greenery, a few sticks to perch on, and the birds look sad and sick..one cockatiel has most of it's feathers missing. The pen for the tortoises is filthy too..animal lovers will be appalled”.[/b] …… This article was not signed.

And to make matters worse, I noticed that the same article was entered into my garden ‘Visitors Book’, word for word… and again not signed.   I deleted it. That was the first time in fourteen months and over twelve hundred entries that that I felt that I should edit out anything, especially since it was not signed and personally I thought unjustified.

Any idea who the anonymous critic might be?

ole razzy

« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2009, 03:53:46 PM »
It would have to be David de Carteret surely? Who else could we credit for single handedly collapsing the tourism economy by sitting on thier fat arse doing FA and getting paid a six figure sum?

Offline danrok

« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2009, 04:23:38 PM »
I have some cockatiels and it can be normal behaviour for them to pluck out some of their feathers.