Author Topic: condor ferries.  (Read 22814 times)

Offline churchill

condor ferries.
« on: June 20, 2009, 11:19:10 PM »
I would like to see compitition . Infact condor is ripping us off so much that i just want to see  brittany ferries take over the routes.
Decent prices. The proper vessels .

Offline Deputy Dawg

Re: condor ferries.
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2009, 09:40:05 PM »
Churchill,

On another post, you are complaining that len Norman has allowed competition in on the Pizza front. I agree that we need competition especially on the ferries side, but if you are going to ask for it, accept that it should be every area and not just the ones that you agree with.

Offline Norman_Point

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2009, 08:53:15 AM »
Perhaps Churchill has a vested interest in the fast food business in general and in pizza parlours in particular?

Offline Adrian

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2009, 11:52:55 AM »
Perhaps Churchill has a vested interest in the fast food business in general and in pizza parlours in particular?

Churchill in real life owns Pizza parlours. It makes as much sense for him to want more pizza places over as here as the co-op wanting Tesco's in Jersey.

Offline Dylan

• HELP!
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2009, 02:00:01 PM »
Churchill just wants a pizza de action.
!dereggub si draobyek ym kniht I

Offline Dylan

• HELP!
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2009, 07:01:25 PM »
Is it true Spartan, that everything you have is on the side?
!dereggub si draobyek ym kniht I

Offline imacrappaud

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2009, 07:24:44 PM »
If Churchills are Alvaros pizzas then I want to make it known that my last delivery was the soggiest pizza I have ever known. very tasty i admit bout way to soggy

Offline imacrappaud

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2009, 07:27:18 PM »
If Condor did Pizzas they would do the wettest most expensive base ever

Offline danrok

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2009, 08:01:36 PM »
If Churchills are Alvaros pizzas then I want to make it known that my last delivery was the soggiest pizza I have ever known. very tasty i admit bout way to soggy

It's called Alvin's Hot Stuff Pizza: http://alvinaaron.com/About%20Alvin.htm

Offline Durendal

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2009, 06:57:13 AM »
It's called Alvin's Hot Stuff Pizza: http://alvinaaron.com/About%20Alvin.htm

I will stick to Pizza Express and La Cantina!

Offline churchill

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2009, 09:42:22 PM »
What a shame one can not stick to the issues im bringing to the table folks.

I could have brought domino's pizza to jersey 5 years ago . But i didn't like the fact that they ship all there stock from England ,so wont be supporting local suppliers as i do. And there's the question of tax advantages over local business.
Silly me thinking of my island, and what damage it may cause having a major international company operating in such a small market. 

Oh well back to condor. 
You are all daft if you cant see that condor is laughing at us all while they can continue to charge AND SAIL THIER VESSELS WHEN IT SUITS THEM.  wake up people.

Offline Norman_Point

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2009, 09:48:08 PM »
the issues im bringing to the table 

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Offline Fritz

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2009, 10:36:20 PM »
What a shame one can not stick to the issues im bringing to the table folks.

I could have brought domino's pizza to jersey 5 years ago . But i didn't like the fact that they ship all there stock from England ,so wont be supporting local suppliers as i do. And there's the question of tax advantages over local business.
Silly me thinking of my island, and what damage it may cause having a major international company operating in such a small market.  

Oh well back to condor.  
You are all daft if you cant see that condor is laughing at us all while they can continue to charge AND SAIL THIER VESSELS WHEN IT SUITS THEM.  wake up people.

I take it your, "Loyalty to the Island", includes only employing, "Local", labour. ::)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 10:38:14 PM by Fritz »

Offline Deputy Dawg

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2009, 10:50:02 PM »

There IS the question of Tax Advantages I agree. Domino's is a UK registered company that will be paying a lot more than 20% tax on it's profit as the tax is higher in the UK than Jersey. There is also a tax treaty with the UK, though not being a tax expert I cannot tell you what it is, but it means that they will get taxed.

So, you are at an advantage here. What's the gripe?

Condor on the other hand have been fleecing us for decades. We did have competition last year with the HD Ferries (RIP) and I made sure I used them, but you cannot force a company to come here though I believe that everyone would like to see someone try. Same as people would like to see a new pizza place, just to give more options (and I am not on about the £5.70 topping).

Offline stoneface

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2009, 11:05:05 PM »

Damage like lower prices; proven, popular, quality products...? The benefits to customers do count, too.

Being "major" or "international" does not make a company evil and destroy all it touches. Justify your criticisms, please.
"The only freedom which deserves the name is that of pursuing our own good, in our own way, so long as we do not attempt to deprive others of theirs, or impede their efforts to obtain it." - John Stuart Mill