Author Topic: Cruising  (Read 2528 times)

rogueelement

Cruising
« on: June 03, 2009, 12:13:07 PM »
I am off on a cruise on a NCL ship/boat whateva! "Jade" touring the Med ,specifically Croatia , Turkey and Greece , including stops at Venice and Barcelona. Have visited Venice a few times now and strolled along los Rambla (A bit like King st only longer and with fresh animals for sale)
Anyone been on the ship/boat woteva! and know which specific sites in Turkey ,Greece are the most culturally important to see before I die?
It is our 25th Wedding Anniversary Celebration , before you start with your  poncey upper class twit of the year comments!

Offline Dylan

• HELP!
Re: Cruising
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2009, 03:13:54 PM »
I suggest you take a look at the film "Midnight Express" for inspiration. Watch out for a guy called "Hamidou" as he isn't quite all he seems.

http://armenians-1915.blogspot.com/2005/07/209-midnight-express-protagonist-billy.html
!dereggub si draobyek ym kniht I

Offline moot

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2009, 05:51:15 PM »
I am off on a cruise on a NCL ship/boat whateva! "Jade" touring the Med ,specifically Croatia , Turkey and Greece , including stops at Venice and Barcelona. Have visited Venice a few times now and strolled along los Rambla (A bit like King st only longer and with fresh animals for sale)
Anyone been on the ship/boat woteva! and know which specific sites in Turkey ,Greece are the most culturally important to see before I die?
It is our 25th Wedding Anniversary Celebration , before you start with your  poncey upper class twit of the year comments!

Have visited all those places in my hippy days plus went to Croatia, Bosnia and Montenegro last year
Visited the most beautiful Greek island of Santorini 2 years ago - fantastic
Croatia still has its own currency and therefore cheaper - Try Croation wine - white or red - liter bottles
Wonderful ! Cannot find these any anywhere else, maybe doesn't travel well
Greek food is my favourite - fresh squid and octopus - you cannot beat the way they cook it plus the salads are great. Not to forget the friendly people.
You can't beat the Med. Have fun !

While on the subject of travelling, I am off to Moscow and St Petersburg in 3 weeks. Anyone been there lately ?

Offline ageofaquarius

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2009, 08:21:29 PM »
Turkey is just fabulous and the food is delightful, if you are in Instanbul go to the waterfront where the cafes/restaurants sell the best seafood.  The people are friendly, educated and the turquoise coast is awesome, enjoy your trip

Offline moot

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2009, 08:33:48 PM »
Turkey is just fabulous and the food is delightful, if you are in Instanbul go to the waterfront where the cafes/restaurants sell the best seafood.  The people are friendly, educated and the turquoise coast is awesome, enjoy your trip

I agree. Visit Top Kapi in Istanbul and the Blue Mosque. A Turkish delight ! - not quite in Europe yet not in Asia either

Offline White Knight

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2009, 08:59:07 PM »
St. Petersburg such a terrific city, wonderful buildings etc. Hope you have a very good time there.

ole razzy

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2009, 09:07:21 PM »
Jamaica is truly stunning also. People are so friendly. Enjoy your stop over.

Offline Dundee

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2009, 09:48:46 PM »

While on the subject of travelling, I am off to Moscow and St Petersburg in 3 weeks. Anyone been there lately ?

In the late 19th century a Mr Rousseau from Jersey did the gas lighting in St Petersburg, you could ask if still works!