Author Topic: Joe Pascalli  (Read 3632 times)

Jason the Maverick

Joe Pascalli
« on: September 09, 2008, 12:26:53 PM »
I am probably one of the few people that have actually met Terry Le Sueur on a social level and he is actually a funny bloke.

But nobody in charge of taxation in Jersey has ever proved popular.

I think the main issue of the CM is not just what the public want but as to whether the current states members are comfortable having him in charge and working with him.  But until somebody else puts themselves forward to challenge for the position, at the moment it may just be a walk over for him. :-\

Offline soon

Re: Paul Routier
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 07:39:12 PM »
I am probably one of the few people that have actually met Terry Le Sueur on a social level and he is actually a funny bloke.

Don't be selfish JTM. Share some of Terry's witticisms with us

Jason the Maverick

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008, 08:15:16 PM »
Does a really good Joe Pasquale impression.

Offline soon

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2008, 08:34:42 PM »
Is he the comic with the squeaky voice. Are you sure it's an impression?

Jason the Maverick

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2008, 08:36:17 PM »
I think so.

Offline Saucy Sara

Re: Joe Pascalli
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2008, 08:50:38 PM »
I cannot stand Le Sueur he is horrible telling people to leave if they cannot afford to buy here.

Offline Dissident Aggressor

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2008, 08:55:28 PM »
Bleeding true though in it. 

Chief Minister

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2008, 09:01:35 PM »
So Mr Le Sueur what do you think about famine in the 3rd world? 

"""Well they will just have to die won't they"""

What do you think about poor people?

"""Well they will just have to starve won't they"""

Offline Saucy Sara

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2008, 09:13:07 PM »
I am sure they are the answers he would come out with. >:(

Offline The Rev Peter Sarkey

• Diocese of St Swithins
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2008, 03:40:49 PM »
OK try calling him Mr Le Sueur if you know him, you'll get a right bollocking and be told to address him as Senator. Perhaps he is looking for te offchance of a knighthood and sod the rest of us?
"That's not in the effing good book!"

Offline moot

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2008, 11:58:20 PM »
Le Sueur did a reasonable job at Social Security but since he joined Walker some of his arrogance has rubbed off on him. He is too old, stubborn and stuck in his ways and doesn't listen To state that " it would be immoral to take more tax of the 11K residents" when 149 of them now only bring in £8 million a year and yet occupy a huge chunk on Jersey land shows he has lost the plot and is hopelessly out of touch
Should now be out of site and make way for someone fresh who is able to look at the Big Picture and understand the art of listening
Not to be Chief Minister !

Offline The Rev Peter Sarkey

• Diocese of St Swithins
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2008, 06:57:01 AM »
Moot 13 you are right, the quote by Le Sueur was that not to introduce GST would mean that the consequence would be far more painful - yep far more painful for him to have to get up and do his job of installing and implementing fiscal controls, making certain that states departments could not go over budget and implement a system for those depts which came in under. Its easier to tax heavier and say look how well I have done. If our economy was that shot, why not jack up income tax by one point, forget GST and adjust allowances for the less well off - this way no extra bodies are required in the tax office and customs along with the expensive wherewithall and a tiddly bit of offloaded paper is no longer required. Re the 11K's , most of them have advantages of dual taxation treaties elsewhere and so itwould not really put a dent in them.
"That's not in the effing good book!"