Author Topic: Was Minister of TTS Mike Jackson kept in the dark ?  (Read 3018 times)

Offline boatyboy

Was Minister of TTS Mike Jackson kept in the dark ?
« on: September 22, 2009, 09:44:26 AM »
Straight out of Mock the Week, is this what Jersey politics has become for real ? I was laughing so much yesterday evening, and I really should not have been.

Just once in a blue moon, something happens that is so off the wall, so unbelievable, that you well.....  you just have to laugh . My girlfriend is shocked and says this is very serious, that set me off again.

Imagine the scene important politicians complete with pads clerks and serious looks..... pens at the ready all in a seated row. Looking across their typed papers and joined together desks. The subject that the important scrutiny panel, are scrutinising are the outstanding environmental concerns. Jerseys obligations under the Ramsa Convention (protected areas) and finally the impact of the environmental assessment carried out for the new incinerator. Its all about pollution and the environment, but all is going well so far lets begin.

So first to be questioned is one of Jersey planning Chiefs Andrew Scate, and also interviewed, deputy chief executive John Richardson who stated that two incidents at the plant regarding criminal pollution were now an ongoing police investigation, they then blankley refused to say any more.

So here you have elected politicians trying to do their job and getting no answers from civil servants because the police are involved in exactly the subject they are looking into. The politicians are left high and dry, clueless and probably speechless.

Comedians get paid to write this stuff, on a serious note, did any civil servant inform the ministers at the head of these departments that investigations were under way into criminal pollution, probably not, but who the hell knows? Well scrutiny does and I guess we do now, if this is transparent Government, God help us all.

The mad hatters tea party is alive and well in Jersey.

Boatyboy.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 04:13:00 PM by boatyboy »

ole razzy

Re: Was Minister of TTS Mike Jackson kept in the dark ?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2009, 12:35:08 PM »
It makes me laugh. All that "joined up goverment" guff that was rammed down our throats post clothier. This lot could'nt join the dots in my daughter's Noddy colouring in book.

Offline Mark Forskitt

• A View from the West
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2009, 02:15:15 PM »
Can you mods reveal why my last 2 posts (one on this thread) have gone awol? 

Offline boatyboy

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2009, 02:48:55 PM »

Thats interesting Mark, I enjoy reading your posts. I am sure there will be an answer when the Mods have more time. Probably when they return from the daily grind.

BB

ole razzy

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2009, 02:58:29 PM »
They go to the daily grind to get away from the daily grind of moderating PJ? Nowt as queer as folk.

Offline Dundee

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2009, 07:09:54 PM »
Not sure if it is related but the Director of Environment has left his post and returned to the UK. Rather odd whilst we are in the midst of the Island Plan update.

Mike Jackson sits on the Fisheries panel so should have been fully aware and informed of the implications regarding the incinerator.

asked about Ramsar a top civil servant responded "just lines on a chart we are not worried about them"

Offline danrok

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2009, 08:13:58 PM »
asked about Ramsar a top civil servant responded "just lines on a chart we are not worried about them"

Who was that?

Offline Dundee

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2009, 08:28:07 PM »
The one that plans to move the harbour to south of La Collette and use the current ferry terminal as prime real estate.