Author Topic: People cannot afford pets anymore  (Read 7481 times)

Offline Jack

People cannot afford pets anymore
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2008, 04:53:26 PM »
Domestic cats have been domesticated for thousands of years, they're not really wild animals any more.  No more wild than a cow or sheep.

Yes I agree, but as a Vegetarian, I do not eat Cows, Sheep or even Cats!
No vote, no voice; no reason to speak your mind, no reason to vote... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reason

Offline ageofaquarius

Re: People cannot afford pets anymore
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2008, 09:16:45 PM »
Domestic cats have been domesticated for thousands of years, they're not really wild animals any more.  No more wild than a cow or sheep.

I disagree,given the chance a cat would much prefer to catch dinner and have a nice fresh mouse, bird or spider,you can take the cat out of the wild, but can't take the wild out of the cat,its a survival instinct,and long may it live.

Online Fritz

« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2008, 08:56:53 PM »
Cats are,"Smart arses", they are the "Del-boys", of the natural world. Stupid people, (mostly women), are taken in by their,"cute and cuddly", looks.

In real life, they are nasty little bassas with very sharp claws, who would love to be as big as their distant cousins.

Offline ageofaquarius

« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2008, 09:30:32 PM »
Cats are,"Smart arses", they are the "Del-boys", of the natural world. Stupid people, (mostly women), are taken in by their,"cute and cuddly", looks.

In real life, they are nasty little bassas with very sharp claws, who would love to be as big as their distant cousins.

hey, I know a few men who are soft on cats, its not only wimmin who are taken in by their cuteness; a lot of elderly couples like cats when the kids have upted and left home, don't be so sexist.

Online Fritz

« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2008, 09:36:55 PM »
LOL.

Jason the Maverick

« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2008, 09:51:40 PM »
I think seagulls are really intelligent.

I remember watching 2 seagulls in action on a black bin bag.  One held the back of the bag whilst the other clenched the other side and they both walked backwards to split it.

Then all a sudden a person started to approach them and another seagull on a roof top started squeaking.

It was a 'look-out' and the other 2 started walking away from the bag as if not doing anything wrong.  I only wish I had it on film.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2008, 09:53:12 PM by JTM »

Online Fritz

« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2008, 04:57:10 PM »
If seagulls are a, "protected species", does that give them some sort immunity from anti-littering laws?

cyrillem

« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2009, 08:55:05 PM »
People can afford pets. It is jsut that lifestyles have changed today. The majority would rather play on their new laptop/Ps3 or watch SKYHD on their new tv rather than play with a puppy.

Offline White Knight

« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2009, 11:02:11 AM »
I am just about to get a new puppy and this will be my 3rd dog.
GST will definitely go above 3% at the end of the 3 year period, might even go up before then.
I am not fan of T. Le S but go back at about 20 years ago when raised the social payment by .5% he knew that in the coming years there would not be enough money in the kitty to pay all the social benifits and he was right on that one.
GST take a look at Guernsey and the mess they are getting into because they would not do GST. I do not like GST but i believe it will really help this island out. The trouble is any money the States get they WASTE it!!!!!