Author Topic: Jersey General, how can you get your original records ?  (Read 2773 times)

Online boatyboy

Jersey General, how can you get your original records ?
« on: September 12, 2008, 01:22:20 PM »
As the membership of planet Jersey grows, and as people seem to want transparency of Government. An issue has emerged regarding the medical records which have been requested from the Hospital by a lawyer employed by a close friend of mine. Only photocopie's arrived at the lawyers office.

The photocopies are not ok. More through being just a job badly done than any intention to mislead I think ? The question was asked of the lawyer, why do we not have the originals (as requested ) to photocopy carefully through your office and then return the originals ? The reply was that the Hospital, NEVER release the originals.

Try going to France in a boat with photocopies of your ships documents and passports. Against the law. Try taking a copy of your driving licence, or registration certificate of your car into police headquarters. No way.

The question I am asking is, has the General Hospital any basis in law for with holding original records, requested by a lawyer, with the written authority of the patient ? any views on this would be welcome.

Boatyboy
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 04:38:29 PM by boatyboy »

Offline Fritz

Re: Jersey General, how can you get your original records ?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2008, 07:00:28 PM »
I asked the hospital if I could have copies of the X-Ray photos of my hand that had been rebuilt with metal plates, nuts, bolts etc. I thought the originals were amazing,(Robo-cop/Terminator stuff), and they wouldn,t let me have them.

Apparently, the copies could be used at a later date as evidence of incompetence if I decided to sue!!

I,m delighted with the work done on my hand and just thought the X-Ray photos looked really cool.