Author Topic: Chief Minister  (Read 299 times)

Offline Chevalier Blanc

Chief Minister
« on: June 21, 2017, 05:41:23 AM »
It was said in the chamber today that when gorst came to Jersey as an adult he was in some kind of society that was royal.
His one aim is to turn Jersey in to a council like in England.
Take want he wants to do. Get rid of the bailiff has speaker and have 6 districts for voting which would do away with the parish system.
Leaving just a council of ministers running the island because the Constables would go as well in the end.
So much holding on to power that he sacked ozouf to get the CoM's vote for him and other members who want ozouf out, that is the deal he made.
The next CM i think should be Le Fondre.

Offline Chevalier Blanc

Re: Chief Minister
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2017, 04:04:31 PM »
To the outside world the States of Jersey government must look like a load of idiots!
There will be no change in the way gorst operators. he is way out of his depth. He should go back to his job of being an accountant.
He only looks at figures and not the people.
The members through away the chance to have a better government by saving him. 
He still wants to bring ozouf back in!  That tells you everything you need to know. He had to sack ozouf to keep his job knowing that the members do not want ozouf, so once he was saved he then goes and tells us he will bring ozouf back in the future.
So that is what he thinks of us and the states members!
I do not wish to forward my life but May 2018 just cannot come fast enough!   

Offline shortport

Re: Chief Minister
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2017, 02:44:27 AM »
It says a lot for the rest of our government if over 30 of them supported him.I would say 70% of our politicians are out of their depth and very few of them do anything to improve our quality of life.The next elections won't make any difference either unless there are some credible candidates,unfortunetly you can't vote someone out,unless there are some impressive candidates the same bunch of muppets will get back in again.