Author Topic: Bombing of Israel/Sandy's devastation in Caribbean  (Read 11873 times)

Offline Calimachon

• http://www.amnesty.org.uk/
Bombing of Israel/Sandy's devastation in Caribbean
« on: November 13, 2012, 03:44:40 PM »
Why no news reports emanating from the BBC (sorry to knock them when they are down) of bombings in Southern Israel?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Cv1SoFXIhCI

Are the media taking revenge on Israel for the massive bombing attacks on Palestine in the past.  I would far prefer factual reporting when the actions happen.  The media are not there to be biased.  They are employed for factual reports which are well evidenced.  BBC don't seem to have 20 top-notch reporters all queueing to go to report from Israel and don't seem to have top-notch local reporters in Israel to fill that gap either.  So what is happening?

Why very little news reporting about the Hurricane Sandy's devastation of parts of the Caribbean?  Does this mean that it is all consuming news when what is thought to be a civilised society finds that they can't cope in a crisis due to being caught backfooted by one of the most serious storms of all time.  Granted it is extremely important that we find out what is happening on the East Coast of the USA but balanced reporting please!

Cali  :'( (Perplexed)

TOMORROW (Noun) = A mystical land where 99% of all human productivity, motivation an achievement is stored

Offline Lokel_Yokel

Re: Bombing of Israel/Sandy's devastation in Caribbean
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2012, 07:19:22 PM »
Why no news reports emanating from the BBC (sorry to knock them when they are down) of bombings in Southern Israel?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Cv1SoFXIhCI

Are the media taking revenge on Israel for the massive bombing attacks on Palestine in the past.  I would far prefer factual reporting when the actions happen.  The media are not there to be biased.  They are employed for factual reports which are well evidenced.  BBC don't seem to have 20 top-notch reporters all queueing to go to report from Israel and don't seem to have top-notch local reporters in Israel to fill that gap either.  So what is happening?

I thinks it's simply because folks in that part of the world blowing stuff up ain't exactly news. It only matters if there are likely major consequences.

To be blunt, few in the West give a sh#t......and why should we? The ME is a long way away and is staying there  8) .

Why very little news reporting about the Hurricane Sandy's devastation of parts of the Caribbean?  Does this mean that it is all consuming news when what is thought to be a civilised society finds that they can't cope in a crisis due to being caught backfooted by one of the most serious storms of all time.  Granted it is extremely important that we find out what is happening on the East Coast of the USA but balanced reporting please!

Cali  :'( (Perplexed)

Same as above - a Hurricane devastating parts of the Caribbean doesn't matter to "us" (very sad for those affected, blah blah blah) - but anything that impacts economically on the USA does affect us. Plus of course the simple fact that a lot of press were already in the US for the elections (Journos tend to be lazy!).
Say No to the Woo!

Offline Calimachon

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2012, 11:52:21 PM »
Sad world then in my humble opinion.  If people can't get past the Me Me Me syndrome then mankind is on a hiding to nothing.

Cali :(
TOMORROW (Noun) = A mystical land where 99% of all human productivity, motivation an achievement is stored

Offline Jerry Gosselin

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2012, 05:06:50 AM »
We have more than enough Israeli bias in our established western media already thanks, without it starting to poison our little Jersey sites too. You enlighten absolutely nobody by posting links like that. Have you ever bothered to read up on how Israel came to exist? I don't mean 1948 when it had become a fait accompli. I mean 30+ years before that, when the native majority arab population was tricked out of self-determination (and their home land to boot) by double-crossing British Foreign Office officials, the Zionist Sir Mark Sykes most prominent amongst them. If you did some research, you might start to understand why the Palestinians are still resisting the state of Israel almost a century later and why it is a little bit hypocritical to accuse the Palestinians of terrorism when the future leaders of Israel were doing far worse to our British troops there before independence (see the wikipedia link below as just one example). The Balfour Declaration was Britain's most disastrous and costly foreign policy mistake ever- period.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_David_Hotel_bombing

Yes, there have been bombings involving Israel this week. Forget about the BBC- they have always been conflicted with regard to Israel because if they become too overt in showing us how miserable the lives of the Palestinians really are, the Israel-backed House of Commons starts accusing them of bias and then another campaign to end or restrict the BBC's funding reignites all over again. Instead, you can read about the death toll in a totally unbiased way here:

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/inpictures/2012/11/20121111152558908105.html

I'm also not happy that you link this subject with the victims of Hurricane Sandy in the Caribbean. Absolutely nothing wrong with mentioning the lack of media attention given to the victims of that storm in Haiti and Cuba, as I have already tried to do myself (read my recent comments at No. 7 on thisisjersey.com- link below) but I cannot, for the life of me, see what the connection is with Israel and why they deserve to be lumped together in the same thread, implying that your average Israeli settler has a standard of living comparable to that of a homeless Haitian.

http://www.thisisjersey.com/news/2012/11/01/sympathy-from-the-island-which-gave-its-name-to-new-jersey/

Offline Calimachon

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2012, 01:02:35 PM »
Linking the two matters together was merely to establish a lack of reportage by the BBC and other media on the subjects and nothing more.  That is why I added it to the topic of World News so as not to sully the local aspect of this forum.

I spent many hours comforting a Welsh friend who was living on the Southern Coast of Israel locked down in her basement whilst Scud missiles were raining down on her and her family.

I also have a Palestinian friend  living in Saudi Arabia (who is regarded as a third class citizen of that country) who has no official papers because he was virtually sold to a Bedouin as a work slave - he fell out with his owner who kept the few papers he had which confirmed his identity.  His family were refugees because they fled Palestine in the 1930's.  He could not find work because of the lack of these papers and was in the terrible position of not being able to pass a security block in order to complain to a Court that his human rights were being blocked because he could not get his papers back from his Bedouin 'owner'.  Why couldn't he get past the security block you may ask?  Answer:  He needed identity papers to get  through the security!  A bit of a catch 22 situation.  I know this has nothing to do with the Israelli/Palestinian situation but I mention this  because I am no racist and can see the position from both sides of the debate.

I am sad because from what I hear coming out of Israel is that sometime soon there is probably going to be another attempt at retaliation from Israel which will be far times worse than the last time they bombed Gaza.

I think that the cultural differences between the two races Isrealli/Palestinian will mean that they will never sit at the same table to negotiate a peaceful settlement. 

Thank you for the links and enlightening me on issues regarding Israel and the political situation prior to 1948 which I will read with interest. :).  I am well aware that often the freedom fighter of the past will often become the leaders of the future. I use the Israelli examples of  Golda Meir (Glad she swopped the gun for a handbag) and Menachem Begin.

Maybe power corrupts and it is a fact of life that the culture of the Jewish faith is such that it augments family life and community and they care for one another and many go that extra mile to protect one another.  This very fact will always make them successful, anyone who lives, or has lived, within a successful family clan can testify to this.  It may possibly mean that maybe at some point in time every other society should be encouraged to have a good look at the basic tenets of the Judaism and use this as a pattern to raise their standards and compete at the same level. 

I, in no way, wish to offend anyone either religiously or politically by these thoughts I just  wish to put a different slant on things.  After all if we all, in our own lives, minded our own business and supported and guided our families and neighbours in the best possible manner with courtesy and consideration for whatever foibles they may have we should all gain a better standard of life and not necessarily monetarily but socially.

Cali

« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 01:09:00 PM by Calimachon »

Offline Lokel_Yokel

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2012, 08:40:04 PM »
Good news! - Israel is all over the news  ;D.

Still not particularly relevant (neither side has any of "our" oil). nor interesting. or new (same old, same old).

(it's a big world out there - lots of stuff always going on, most of it does not make it onto the BBC etc).
Say No to the Woo!

Offline Chevalier Blanc

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2012, 04:23:23 AM »
The western world supports Israel because of it just being the middle east and the oil. If there was no oil then the west would not lift a finger to help any nation down there.

Offline Calimachon

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2012, 04:37:34 AM »
I have been sent a video today in an attempt to explain how the problems arose between the Jews and the Palestinians.  It would appear that it is a special faction of the Jewish nation (Zionists) that seemed to cause the problems, aided and abetted by the British.  Before the exodus of Jews from Northern European regions the Jews and Palestinians apparently lived in peace together in Palestine. Many of the Jewish people who did not go on to Palestine chose to go to the USA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_214712&feature=iv&src_vid=wA1lDow-0rk&v=ufLAitMq3zI

This video ties in with the story of my Paliestinian acquaintance relayed in a previous post on this thread that Palestinians were banished from Palestine in the 1930's. 

This video throws a totally different slant on the problems.

I am only trying to get a balanced view of a problem which although it is many miles away from me will, more than likely, have a profound effect on my life and those of my children and grandchildren.

Cali

Offline Calimachon

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2012, 04:24:18 PM »
Further research identifys that Jews and Palestinians are from the same gene pool:

Why don't the two sides just recognize this and wipe the slate clean and go back to living with one another in peace and save all the misery and heartache.  Maybe too much hardship and hurt against one another has happened and they can't reconcile.  Surely there will be a great leader who will eventually manage to talk with both sides and encourage them to reach for the olive branch.

The paper, 'The Origin of Palestinians and their Genetic Relatedness with other Mediterranean Populations', involved studying genetic variations in immune system genes among people in the Middle East.

In common with earlier studies, the team found no data to support the idea that Jewish people were genetically distinct from other people in the region. In doing so, the team's research challenges claims that Jews are a special, chosen people and that Judaism can only be inherited.

Jews and Palestinians in the Middle East share a very similar gene pool and must be considered closely related and not genetically separate, the authors state. Rivalry between the two races is therefore based 'in cultural and religious, but not in genetic differences'.

http://www.u-r-next.com/Jews=Arabs.htm

Cali

Offline Lokel_Yokel

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2012, 04:48:03 PM »
The tragedy is that they are both right........

.....and both are stuck with Bronze Age beliefs  ::)......and are essentially the same people - it's just a very longgggg civil war. But Woo Peddlers enjoy that sort of stuff.

Say No to the Woo!

Offline man in the street

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2012, 06:26:57 PM »
 the  israel  plastine debacle has gone on far too long .
   the west sucks up to israel imho  and the  palistinians  are just forgotten.
i do hope  that there is resolve .
  no suprise that the   brits  managed to stick their oar in  to poke the hornets nest , same as  the poor division of india .
 the media  bias  towards israel is  sad .
 its a tinderbox  that i would  feel a lot happier if the could finaly get on,  so israel needs  to wind its neck in, imho.
  i wonder how  the priests  of that temple  will get on this  christmas ,  and not beat the crap out of oneanother as the try to clean the church.( last christmas )

Offline Jerry Gosselin

Re: Bombing of Israel
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2012, 07:30:36 PM »
I have been sent a video today in an attempt to explain how the problems arose between the Jews and the Palestinians.  It would appear that it is a special faction of the Jewish nation (Zionists) that seemed to cause the problems, aided and abetted by the British.  Before the exodus of Jews from Northern European regions the Jews and Palestinians apparently lived in peace together in Palestine. Many of the Jewish people who did not go on to Palestine chose to go to the USA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_214712&feature=iv&src_vid=wA1lDow-0rk&v=ufLAitMq3zI

Cali, I haven't viewed that video yet, due to a slow internet connection, but I agree that it was the doctrine of Zionism that led to the poisoning of the middle east and, ultimately, to the state-ordered murders of innocent civilians that we are witnessing by Israel today. I also agree that prior to Zionism, the people of Palestine lived in relative harmony under despotic Turkish Ottoman rule.

A very important point to recognise is that in the decades immediately prior to the first World War, Jews made up only a very small minority of the Palestinian population. From memory (without doing further research) I recall reading that approximately 10-15% of the Palestinian population was Jewish shortly before hostilities broke out, but some evidence actually suggests far less than this. [this link includes figures claiming that Jews represented just 7.585% of the Palestinian population in 1914: http://israelipalestinian.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=000636]

Today, the Israel Lobby, whose aim it is to try to historically justify the legitimacy of the state of Israel, will dispute such figures and claim that the figure was actually higher than that.  Nobody can be certain of the exact breakdown, if only because a significant proportion of the population were Nomads and were not permanently settled in one area. However, without any doubt, the Jews made up only a small minority of the Palestinian population. The majority were Arabs, mainly Muslim, but there were also a significant number of Christians.

Decades before Zionism broke out, the types of Jews who would traditionally try to immigrate to Palestine tended to be mainly elderly and poor and were heading to the holy land of Jerusalem to die. Therefore, Jerusalem was the only Palestinian town where the Jews probably formed a majority of the population before the first World War.

However, towards the end of the 19th century, Palestine began to experience a completely new breed of younger immigrant Jewish settlers, who were determined to create self-reliant Jewish agricultural communities that did not have to interact in any way with the native population, whom they regarded as inferior. For example, they would tend not to employ local Palestinian labour if it was possible to recruit more Jewish immigrants from outside Palestine. Some of these early pioneer Jewish settler communities had no prior experience of living off the land and their dreams of complete self-sufficency were pie in the sky. However, they were very fortunate in being extensively subsidised by wealthy Jewish supporters in Europe and the USA, the Rothschild banking family being prominent amongst them.

This foreign investment also helped to fund expensive research into new, more efficient farming methods. As a result, some of those early Jewish settler communities of the late 1800's gradually started to outperform the poorer Palestinian farmers through technological advancement, taking market share away from them and thus creating increasing Palestinian resentment towards the Jews in the years leading up to World War One.

Therefore the British support of Zionism from 1917 may not have been entirely to blame for the outbreak of Palestinian hostility towards the small Jewish minority, but I would suggest that had it not been for western money pouring in to Palestine to finance pioneer Jewish settler communities in the laste 1800's, there would have been very little hostility by the Arabs towards the Jews before the disastrous announcement of the Balfour Declaration.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 09:38:25 PM by Jerry Gosselin »

Offline Jerry Gosselin

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2012, 08:34:22 PM »
the  israel  plastine debacle has gone on far too long .
   the west sucks up to israel imho  and the  palistinians  are just forgotten.
i do hope  that there is resolve .
  no suprise that the   brits  managed to stick their oar in  to poke the hornets nest , same as  the poor division of india .
 the media  bias  towards israel is  sad .
 its a tinderbox  that i would  feel a lot happier if the could finaly get on,  so israel needs  to wind its neck in, imho.

I agree with you, but it is hard to see how there could ever be a proper resolution whilst the state of Israel continues to have the unconditional backing of Europe and the USA. You've only got to remember what happened the last time that the leaders of the two sides were pressured enough to agree to a formal settlement, at the Oslo I Accord of 1993 and Oslo II (1995), neither of which even went as far as promising statehood to the Palestinians:

* Important sections of Israeli society opposed the Accords and there were protests on Israeli streets;
* Israeli settlers were particularly antagonistic towards the Accords. One of them walked armed (and unchallenged by Israeli security guards) into the Mosque of Abraham, Hebron in February 1994 and murdered 29 Palestinian muslims, injuring a further 125 . This attack led in turn to Palestinian anger and protests, with 19 Palestinians being killed by Israeli Defence Forces within 48 hours of the massacre;
* Israel continued expanding Jewish settlements in disputed areas, although at a slower rate than previously (14,320 housing units constructed in 1991-92/ 3,570 units constructed in 1996-97);
* Israeli Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin, joint winner of the Nobel Peace Prize the previous year, assassinated in office by his own people on 4th November 1995.

Added to that, we now have more evidence to point to the Israeli spy agency, Mossad, being responsible for the death by poisoning of the Palestinian leader, Yasser Arafat, after a urine stain in his underwear registered a level of 180 millibecquerels of Polonium-210, more than 20 times the dose to kill an average human being. As a result, his grave is now being dug up and his body exhumed:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/poisoned-arafat-body-dug-article-1.1203884

With Israel's own government and citizens going to these extraordinary lengths to punish the two leaders who dared to sign the previous accords, it is hard to see how anything other than a complete reversal of the West's traditional support for Israel could possibly hope to quell the never-ending cycle of violence.  :(

« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 08:49:47 PM by Jerry Gosselin »

Offline Calimachon

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2012, 02:21:17 PM »
I am in shock and awe!  Are you telling us that an important banking family, together with the British,  could be the reason, in a round about way, for the terrible happenings in Palestine at present.  Bankers appear to be at the root of most evil aren't they.  Also this kind of information will give credence to certain conspiracy theories that abound.  That name Rotheschild does get mentioned on a regular basis in ruthless terms.  The Zionists, it would appear from the video, when they went ahead and cleansed the areas they wished to live in were extremely ruthless and took no prisoners, preferring to kill rather than allow Palestinians to llive and build up resistance.

Cali

Cali, I haven't viewed that video yet, due to a slow internet connection, but I agree that it was the doctrine of Zionism that led to the poisoning of the middle east and, ultimately, to the state-ordered murders of innocent civilians that we are witnessing by Israel today. I also agree that prior to Zionism, the people of Palestine lived in relative harmony under despotic Turkish Ottoman rule.

A very important point to recognise is that in the decades immediately prior to the first World War, Jews made up only a very small minority of the Palestinian population. From memory (without doing further research) I recall reading that approximately 10-15% of the Palestinian population was Jewish shortly before hostilities broke out, but some evidence actually suggests far less than this. [this link includes figures claiming that Jews represented just 7.585% of the Palestinian population in 1914: http://israelipalestinian.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=000636]

Today, the Israel Lobby, whose aim it is to try to historically justify the legitimacy of the state of Israel, will dispute such figures and claim that the figure was actually higher than that.  Nobody can be certain of the exact breakdown, if only because a significant proportion of the population were Nomads and were not permanently settled in one area. However, without any doubt, the Jews made up only a small minority of the Palestinian population. The majority were Arabs, mainly Muslim, but there were also a significant number of Christians.

Decades before Zionism broke out, the types of Jews who would traditionally try to immigrate to Palestine tended to be mainly elderly and poor and were heading to the holy land of Jerusalem to die. Therefore, Jerusalem was the only Palestinian town where the Jews probably formed a majority of the population before the first World War.

However, towards the end of the 19th century, Palestine began to experience a completely new breed of younger immigrant Jewish settlers, who were determined to create self-reliant Jewish agricultural communities that did not have to interact in any way with the native population, whom they regarded as inferior. For example, they would tend not to employ local Palestinian labour if it was possible to recruit more Jewish immigrants from outside Palestine. Some of these early pioneer Jewish settler communities had no prior experience of living off the land and their dreams of complete self-sufficency were pie in the sky. However, they were very fortunate in being extensively subsidised by wealthy Jewish supporters in Europe and the USA, the Rothschild banking family being prominent amongst them.

This foreign investment also helped to fund expensive research into new, more efficient farming methods. As a result, some of those early Jewish settler communities of the late 1800's gradually started to outperform the poorer Palestinian farmers through technological advancement, taking market share away from them and thus creating increasing Palestinian resentment towards the Jews in the years leading up to World War One.

Therefore the British support of Zionism from 1917 may not have been entirely to blame for the outbreak of Palestinian hostility towards the small Jewish minority, but I would suggest that had it not been for western money pouring in to Palestine to finance pioneer Jewish settler communities in the laste 1800's, there would have been very little hostility by the Arabs towards the Jews before the disastrous announcement of the Balfour Declaration.

Offline Chevalier Blanc

« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2012, 03:54:36 PM »
Just take a look at the film "The Wild Geese" then you see where rich bankers can do these sort of things and we know it happens.