Author Topic: A good idea to revive Jersey tourism - dope cafes?  (Read 3751 times)

Offline Calimachon

• http://www.amnesty.org.uk/
Re: A good idea to revive Jersey tourism - dope cafes?
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2012, 10:41:00 AM »
Hhhhm... riding through red lights I think, as opposed to riding through the red-light district. The police are very hot on cyclists obeying the law there and will fine you for not having lights at night. Nearly all the road policy is oriented to cyclists and pedestrians and in return they expect you to abide by the rules, which is only fair.

Aaah I understand.  Good idea to tone up behaviour at traffic lights.  There is a lot of dangerous driving over here.  I am amazed at how many cars pull out in front of my path on the highway.  I don't drive fast either.

Anyway I digress.  They should decriminalise dope and sell dope to dopes and  use the money to educate these dopes to not use dope and to do something useful and thereby allow non-dopey bods to live their lives in peace without being mugged or stolen from to feed their dopey habit!
TOMORROW (Noun) = A mystical land where 99% of all human productivity, motivation an achievement is stored

Offline boatyboy

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2012, 11:18:24 PM »

So drug hauls are less, is this because islanders who use drugs can no longer afford them, as in previous years hence the drop in imports the retail market is slack, nothing to do with needing more staff. I do not smoke anything, but Rob may be right a good way to boost Jersey's income   ;)

CTV

Customs staff shortages: Smugglers getting away

Jersey's Customs Department say a lack of staff means they are not catching as many drugs smugglers as they did in the past.

Last year they seized half a million pounds worth - the lowest in five years.

By comparison, in 2009 they confiscated more than £2.5 million worth.

The Head of the department, Michael Robinson, says the slump is due in part because last year cutbacks forced them to get rid of one of their intelligence officers

http://www.channelonline.tv/channelonline/

bb

Offline shaun the sheep

« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2012, 06:10:18 AM »
Well, What a good way to tell Drug importers to "UP" their imports

Offline boatyboy

« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2014, 03:11:25 PM »

America is legally growing and retailing Marijuana in two states. I suggest it is only a matter of time before Europe does the same.
A new market for Jersey maybe ?

Prohibition was a complete failure in trying to ban alcohol maybe it is time to look at all the options.

Quotes are selective please see full article.

Independent.

Colorado collected almost two million dollars (£1.2 million) in taxes on cannabis in January, the first month where retail sales of the newly legalised drugs were allowed. The figures indicate that the 59 firms selling the drug made about $14m (£8.4m) in gross sales that month.

Colorado became the first country to legalise cannabis in 2012, but commercial sale did not begin until 1 January 2014.

If medical marijuana stores are included, the state collected $3.5 million (£2.1 million) in taxes, intensifying the debate on how Colorado should spend the money

Mr Obama’s comments came after New York announced it would join 20 other states, and Washington DC, in permitting the sale, possession and use of marijuana for medicinal purposes.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/colorado-collects-12m-in-taxes-on-cannabis-9184408.html?origin=internalSearch

BB

Offline man in the street

« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2014, 11:04:13 PM »
 it would never happen in jersey ,imho.
 far too  behind  the  times  and  a nanny knows  best island .
 i notice  the  uruaguay was getting  international stick  for  its cannabis laws.
 bet  the  hotel and guest house  bookings are up .

Offline shortport

« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2014, 12:36:03 AM »
Bailache wouldn't even enter into a discussion about it,far too obsessed with Jersey's 'reputation' (whatever he might perceive that to be).it would be a far too forward thinking for the blazers and bullshit brigade to indulge in.

Offline boatyboy

« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2014, 02:01:01 PM »

Is cannabis helping or hindering Denver's population in the USA, after being made legal in 2012 ?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/colorado-cannabis-laws-crime-in-denver-dropped-by-10-per-cent-since-last-april-9481619.html

bb

Offline Little Bob

« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2014, 12:00:34 AM »
Good question, Boatyboy,

But is the increased consumption of a compound well known to stimulate appetite a good thing for a nation where obesity is at epic proportions?

How bad will the average  American get if they can now use “Recreational cannabis” as an excuse for their diet instead of getting some exercise.