Author Topic: Will you Vote for Nick Le Cornu ?  (Read 1770 times)

Offline boatyboy

Will you Vote for Nick Le Cornu ?
« on: February 06, 2014, 01:43:04 AM »

While I am talking new candidates I know Nick Le Cornu personally and agree with some of his policies. Nick (IMO) is an incredibly intelligent man, and cares passionately about politics and the working class. If half of states members took politics as seriously as he does then Jersey would be a far better place.

The problem that I have with left wingers ( I have issues with far right also ) is that it may be a wonderful sentiment to fork out more in benefits, paternity leave, his and hers extra leave,  and so the benefit list goes on, but who actually covers the cost.

Now the far right, if the big players Amazon, Starbucks, Coca-Cola, how long have you got the list is  massive actually paid the taxes they were supposed to, society would not be so poor, and we would all paying substantially less tax. You have to ask this government the serious and obvious question why is the tax burden being transferred onto the working population and being removed from wealthy financial institutions and corporations.

If Nick gets elected, then the States members will indeed have to come up with reasonable intelligent answers because Nicks questions will be deep well researched and relevant.

BB

Offline Chevalier Blanc

Re: Will you Vote for Nick Le Cornu ?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2014, 02:56:36 AM »
If I was in his district I would vote for him.
Just a pity Stuart  is not standing.
Saw Stuart in the supermarket and he said no I will not be standing because you just would not believe the things that the establishment do undercover. So I will not be apart of it anymore.

Offline boatyboy

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2017, 05:37:27 AM »
Politicians are all at it, which makes Nick Le Cornu, he of stupid words about another lady states politician, seem almost, well not that important. Then they wonder why millions of ordinary voters are turning against them and voting them out reference Brexit and  Trump.

Quote:

Pensions paid to British MPs are funded by the profits of cigarette companies, international oil giants and companies who MPs themselves have accused of avoiding tax, The Independent can reveal.

The £621m MP pension fund’s top 20 holdings also includes three US tech companies – Amazon, Google and Apple – that have been accused by MPs themselves of avoiding tax.

Bloody hypocrites

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/mps-pension-scheme-investment-tobacco-cigarette-bat-fossil-fuels-tax-avoidance-a7607901.html
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 05:39:03 AM by boatyboy »

Offline shortport

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2017, 12:48:37 AM »
You will be pleased to know boatyboy that according to the Jersey Companies Registry that British American Tobacco has a registered office in Hill Street and that Rio Tinto has a registered office in Grenville Street.Doesn't it make you proud that our island is helping to promote cancer and pollution.
Its a good job we're not a tax haven aswell