Author Topic: Despot or Dictator?  (Read 6736 times)

Offline boatyboy

Re: Despot or Dictator?
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2010, 05:06:50 AM »

It's in the hard copy but not put on line by the JEP. Are you wondering why also ?

So fellow on line people this will be short. Did the Minister in charge of the treasury resign as a penalty for not communicating or watching over the £10 million Euro exchange losses. No!

How about in these times or economic uncertainty with supposed hard decisions to be made, a reasonable question is asked by Deputy Le Herissier.

The States adopted the law several years ago [2005]. The law would put in place an independent commission ultimately in charge of determining applications, and would put the principle of open government a statutory footing rather than basing it on a voluntary code.

The failure of the voluntary rules on open government makes the need for a full law clamping down on ministerial secrecy pressing and urgent Deputy Le Herissier.

Un Quote

So what was the question asked that the JEP refused to put on line although information received ( for the benefit of their readers and the public good ) is supposed to be what the so called paper relies on to make it's living.

If its suits them of course and offending the Chief Minister is obviously more of an issue, put it in the paper, tomorrows rubbish and in the bin. Do not put the information on line where it can be seen around the world. We must not shaft Jersey. Now who said that ?

You Just have you secretive half-wits, by adding fuel to argument that Jersey is a secretive third world banana republic where the peasants must be kept in the dark, at all costs. This also reflects on information held in other areas, that must be kept secret. I am sure that any decent States member of our Government will be appalled at this step back to the dark ages, both by the only Jersey newspaper, and the Chief Minister and those that support him.

The question under the (voluntary) code of practice on public access to official information.

What are the salaries of departmental chiefs ?

The Chief Minister Le Suer rejected the issue of the information requested. This means, I am not telling you, the same answer given over the large golden handshake given to Mr Mike Pollards payoff by the taxpayer, after the Verita report named 28 failures of his management as chief executive of health. It's none of your business said CM le Suer when asked in the assembly over the amount the taxpayer paid to him.

Working for the public interest CM Le Suer ? have you forgotten the public sector are paid using taxpayers money not yours, and we have a right to know how much the staff at all levels are costing us.

A safe pair of hands was your election slogan, who are you keeping safe ?

BB
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 11:15:29 PM by boatyboy »

Offline boatyboy

« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2010, 07:06:50 PM »
News broke yesterday that the CM Le Suer is to face a no confidence vote tabled by Deputy Bob Hill.

As most of you will know thanks to Dylan and other sources, Cm Le Suer and Senator Phillip Ozouf both sit on the States Employment Board. 

As Ministers Deputy Hill is of the opinion that the three and a half year suspension of Surgeon Mr Day and the cost to the public purse of over a million pounds is catastrophic and the old worn out excuse of lessons have been learned is just not good enough. The longest time taken by the NHS for serious suspension is seven months.

We also have the chief of police suspended using the same failed incompetent group who have rode rough shod over policy and people. As mentioned in early postings Jacs would have wiped the floor with any employer in the private sector who acted in this way. Being suspended without being told the reason, unable to defend oneself, and without proper representation or warning.

The buck must stop with the most senior politician, CM Le Suer.

BB
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 07:10:04 PM by boatyboy »

Offline Dylan

• HELP!
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2010, 07:44:13 PM »
Huzzah!

Gee thanks BB - blushing now! :-*
!dereggub si draobyek ym kniht I

Offline moot

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2010, 12:41:28 AM »
News broke yesterday that the CM Le Suer is to face a no confidence vote tabled by Deputy Bob Hill.
As most of you will know thanks to Dylan and other sources, Cm Le Suer and Senator Phillip Ozouf both sit on the States Employment Board. 
As Ministers Deputy Hill is of the opinion that the three and a half year suspension of Surgeon Mr Day and the cost to the public purse of over a million pounds is catastrophic and the old worn out excuse of lessons have been learned is just not good enough. The longest time taken by the NHS for serious suspension is seven months.
We also have the chief of police suspended using the same failed incompetent group who have rode rough shod over policy and people. As mentioned in early postings Jacs would have wiped the floor with any employer in the private sector who acted in this way. Being suspended without being told the reason, unable to defend oneself, and without proper representation or warning.
The buck must stop with the most senior politician, CM Le Suer.
BB

Well said BB ! - It has gone too far and complacency is engrained in the old boys. They think they are invincible. Good ole Terry is now so weak and Ozouf never had a plot but if he had it would have lost it long ago. We have had cock-up after cock-up and each time we hear : "Lesssons are to be learned from this" Bollocks ! Heads should roll each time there is a balls-up so the next one in will be more careful. Perhaps the States website should be renamed : www.cockup.je.....

Offline Dylan

• HELP!
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2010, 02:55:48 AM »
Dammitt Mootey! Everytime I click on WWW.cockup.je I get so damned excited I scrunch one of my 50% discounted (from Razz) half-arsed incredible edibles and the page just will not show up! I just seem to get re-directed to www.votesparty.je which looks appalling! Perhaps the COM have got a large SWAT team to unplug the IP from the system and my mate has jumped the system?

Anyway, back to the thread (groan), isn't it about flipping time someone came to their senses and challenged this halfwit?

Jersey has an inherent disability in every walk of life for anyone to freely challenge the circumstances which control us.

Terry Le Suer is quite obviously a "Baron of Beef"! This is to say that he is assumedly in charge of his position (as in a steer before culling), he sees himself as the bull in the pack, more full of it if you ask me) and is made up entirely of two fat slices of meat with no spine between. Help!

Invertebrates are what we all fear, in his case I think it's what he won't do next which we will fear most!
!dereggub si draobyek ym kniht I

Offline moot

« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2010, 04:21:40 AM »
Terry Le Suer is quite obviously a "Baron of Beef"! This is to say that he is assumedly in charge of his position (as in a steer before culling), he sees himself as the bull in the pack, more full of it if you ask me) and is made up entirely of two fat slices of meat with no spine between. Help!
Invertebrates are what we all fear, in his case I think it's what he won't do next which we will fear most!

I like that Dylan. You have a way with words without using the Spartacus poisonous bite. It's time this man goes...

Offline boatyboy

« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2010, 06:24:14 AM »

I am not happy with the way Stuart Syvret goes about some of his business. I like his honesty and straight no nonsense approach though.

I don't like Senator Ozouf and CM Le Suer giving £287,000 to an estate agent on a quango. They are both on the States employment board who's job it is to decide the remuneration of States employees including executives with our money, why such ridiculous wage packets linked to gold plated pensions.?

Conversely and for some strange reason, CM  Le Suer then refuses to support Deputy Paul Le Clair who tries to find out about staff numbers and wages paid in departments, and the CM also refuses to say how much Mr Pollard's golden handshake amounted to plus a very comfortable probably three figure pension.

Not to mention, " I might as well continue, as you are already reading this ", his secrecy again over the question of chief officers pay. I am not telling you Deputy Hill and other lowly States members was his statement in the assembly, well to Deputy Hill actually, but by association it meant all the others in the cheap seats.

Let us not forget Mr Pollard was chief executive of the Hospital and Social Services department but ran it so badly according to Verita, and the serious case review ( see link below )  and the very latest report from consultants Goodwin Hannah. Why on earth should CM Terry Le Suer pay these people vast amounts using your / our money ? When they attract damming reports pointing to incompetence, which is now clearly evidenced yet again at further expense to the public purse.

Quote:-

FORMER Health Minister Ben Shenton has confirmed that one of the consultants who fought to save Elizabeth Rourke when her routine surgery went tragically wrong was initially in charge of the internal inquiry into her death.

Senator Shenton has told the JEP that despite denials from Health director Mike Pollard and another senior Health executive, James Le Feuvre, Dr Richard Lane was definitely involved at the start.

http://www.thisisjersey.com/2009/02/03/consultant-led-original-internal-inquiry-into-death/

http://planetjersey.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,2281.msg46046.html#msg46046

http://www.thisisjersey.com/2010/03/26/generations-of-abuse/

Unquote:-

And they say Stuart Syvret is weird and yet he blew the whistle, but was not supported by the assembly !

BB
« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 03:56:09 PM by boatyboy »

Offline boatyboy

« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2010, 03:12:17 AM »

An abject lesson in tough talking ruthless honesty, without being personal.

Enjoy.

truthseeker

Posted June 24, 2010 at 2:46 pm

All of this points to the fact that most except the wealthy are at a disadvantage with this Government ,it’s set up style and what it stands for…The pompous and elitist influence of the non elected rulers is simply dictatorial.just listen to the States debates with their piffle,long winded oratory and meaningless chapters,the weaseling up to sir and the whole Sir-ism that goes on forelock tugging and assorted puke making fawning is pure bile inducing.

It is not a man’s Govt, it is both boorish and oppressive and not at all grown up..we need total reform and root and branch change,the ability to be rid of those without the islands welfare at heart and a return to moral rearmament,standards,integrity,Honesty,the very word spin is intended to deceive,a sanitised jargon to avoid saying “Liar” how can you rule without trust….by dictating..those are the only ways,we claim to live in a democracy..but it has morphed into a gang mentality and now the bench mark is no longer is this the right and proper thing.now it is “What can we get away with,what will the mugs stand for..complete opportunism…and it is most definitely not democracy…but a cheap tart’s version…change.grow up,get honest.

Read more: http://www.thisisjersey.com/2010/06/23/crushing-defeat-for-no-confidence-move/#ixzz0rzXjZRlQ

Offline Chevalier Blanc

« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2010, 04:24:55 AM »
I think the "Golden Handshake" is in fact the person selling up to 25% of his/her pension.
Example= £400 pension per week, can sell up to £100 making pension £300 per week but the £100  that was sold it gets i believe in the region of £27 per £1. It goes for to how long you have served as well. Max years 45 ( 20 years of age to 65 ) most retire at 60 which gives them 2/3 of there best last 3 years.
The 25% comes from what you have paid in, so the more you earnt the bigger your cash payment will be.
Hope that clears somethings up. It is not a "Golden Handshake".

rogueelement

« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2010, 01:13:02 AM »
I like that Dylan. You have a way with words without using the Spartacus poisonous bite. It's time this man goes...

Leave spartacus alone!