Author Topic: Despot or Dictator?  (Read 6735 times)

Offline Dylan

• HELP!
Despot or Dictator?
« on: February 06, 2010, 09:43:15 PM »
The current political and financial management of the States of Jersey is a travesty of justice. This is virulently apparent from its skewed structure, outdated methods, and uncaring conclusions.  Beside a tainted political framework, we are given a constant one-sided mandate, by consistently prejudiced mission members.
I do not believe, as some do, that there is much to gain by casting aspersions on any particular individual’s widely respected “career” ,that is, of course, until he or she bullies the voting public into an arena of “take it from me” as a verbatim. But who is to blame?

Our “Iron Man” Chief Minister has made promise after promise of fiscal control. Happy with a boost to his image of “The hero of the moment; having once had his face plastered across the front page, gazing pensively out of a meercat run. Happily smiling for the camera; while his inner turmoil is telling him that the brown stuff hit the big fan an awful long time ago. A Sort of a cross between Deng Xiaoping and Nikolai Aleksandrovich Romanov (Tsar Nicolas II, autocrat of all of Russia until an unfortunate event in July 1918).

Has anyone noticed that he has recently become ever more silent as the realisation that the flames of his uncontrolled expenditure are tearing holes in the stability of our very future?

Such Neroine behaviour is under normal circumstances easily spotted however in this case the silence itself is becoming deafening.

That said, it is remarkable to observe how our “leader” is being lionized by certain circles solely because that is seen as useful to ascend within local Politics. Or is it?

It would be unfair to say that the secret of his personal dynamism lies in a combination of adrenalin and a sense of achievement and vindication after he had named  his right hand man. If our “chancellor” does nurse any such feelings they might well be described as misplaced. Because each actively ardent arena of procreativity he enters will be seen by many as evidence that his much vaunted abilities have failed dismally.

It would probably be more accurate to say that in fact we have no leader in our House. The Auditor-general is ignominiously ignored and the CM’s lamentable failure to lead from the front - lamentable because it has incalculable consequences in terms of peoples volatile costs and standards of living. 

Not satisfied with curbing expenditure he continues to allow money to be thrown at anything regardless of its significance. Rather like a boy throwing good eggs at a wall. Soon the eggs run out and he has to ask mummy for some more.

My view is that we are still in for a terrible time economically. No amount of “massaging the system” will heal the sores we have in it. The system is rife with pedants who have an intransigence to help.

I feel it is time he went.
!dereggub si draobyek ym kniht I

Offline Chevalier Blanc

Re: Despot or Dictator?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2010, 12:38:57 AM »
I would say the vast majority would agree with every word you have posted. As for Ozouf getting the CM i do not think so because i do not think he will be elected again. He only just got in last time, i believe his votes went down by 45% or there about. Now with the recession and the way he has thrown money around in the past and some would say today as well i just cannot see him in the States next time. I really hope i am right.

Offline Dylan

• HELP!
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2010, 12:14:29 AM »
Thank you CB. My posting was made in the vain hope that one of our Politicians would take up the gauntlet and tell me that I am wrong!

Sarah?? Sean?? What do you think?

rogueelement

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2010, 01:11:06 AM »
HMMMMMMM!
If they said they thought Oz was a prat , they would lose a chance to be a minister , however , if OZie lost at the next election, they might have to currie favour with a new CM,,,,,,,,difficult ! HMMM!
I say swing your support behind the "disband the SOJ"   motto , "you know they are shite , it will all come out in the end"

Offline moot

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2010, 03:32:48 AM »
Thank you CB. My posting was made in the vain hope that one of our Politicians would take up the gauntlet and tell me that I am wrong!
Sarah?? Sean?? What do you think?

I am afraid Sean cannot answer as he is packing his backs to follow his master's example by going on a three week out-of-term holiday
http://www.thisisjersey.com/2010/02/08/travel-bug-hits-housing-again/  I bet he hoped that would be kept a secret.....
Sarah is too busy denying global warming. So are Jeremy and mum Macon our only hope ?

Online Fritz

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2010, 04:14:30 AM »
Would a school teacher be allowed to go on holiday after returning from their six week break?

These States members are getting as bad as MP,s with their bliddy arrogance.

Offline Dylan

• HELP!
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2010, 01:22:32 PM »
I am afraid Sean cannot answer as he is packing his backs to follow his master's example by going on a three week out-of-term holiday
http://www.thisisjersey.com/2010/02/08/travel-bug-hits-housing-again/  I bet he hoped that would be kept a secret.....
Sarah is too busy denying global warming. So are Jeremy and mum Macon our only hope ?
Word on the street is that as soon as the sh!te hit the fan in Terry's office, he took an Irish holiday!
Sheesh!
I wouldn't mind an answer from a politician though!, a quid says there's not one brave enough to answer!

Offline Dylan

• HELP!
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2010, 05:24:23 PM »
Curiosley enough, a "political activee" has (and using my Journalistic powers of not naming him yet) forwarded me an authentic copy of a speech-being prepared as we read-of the impending resignation of one of our great leaders, no, in fact it is the greatest one we have, The CM hisself.
I know this to be authentic cos I saw it on the Vile Blog as well!

It Goes like this:-

"Normally, I start these things out by saying 'To the voting Public in Jersey.' Not doing it this time. If the undercurrent of emotion in the house is any indication, I don't know who more than half of you are anymore. I do know something terrible has happened, and that you're really not Jersey People any longer.

I'll cut right to the chase here: I quit. Now before anyone gets all in a lather about me quitting to avoid prosecution or something, let me assure you: There's been no breaking of laws or offenses worthy of subpoena in this office. The CM holds a position which is unimpeachable. The post is honest and there is no-one who can say otherwise.

The reason I'm quitting is simple. I'm fed up with you people. I'm fed up because you have no understanding of what's really going on in the Administration. Or of what's going on generally in this once-great Island of ours. And the majority of you are too lazy to do your homework and figure it out. Instead, you expect me to come up with all the answers.
Just of late, when the billowing smoke of the Haut de La Garenne fiasco seemed to be blowing away and the fallout was about to die-down, a gun was held to my head. I have been told that without transparency, that there will be a vote of no confidence in me.
I know that I have remained silent over the last few months on the matter, that is only because every utterance made is seen by the media, and a few political figures, as a move to create a pastiche of the way things are. My view is that if I say nothing, then it will not be criticised and that can only be good for the Island as a whole.
You've been sold a new taxation system by the former administration. My spies tell me that the majority of you think the economy is in the tank. And that's despite record numbers of new homeowners, including record numbers of MINORITY homeowners. And while we're mentioning minorities, I'll point out that minority business ownership may be at an all-time low. Our unemployment rate is now not as low as it ever was during the Walker administration. I've mentioned all those things before, but it doesn't seem to have sunk in.

In this day and age, it's easy enough to find the truth. It's all over the Internet. It just isn't on the pages of the JEP Today, or on Channel News. But even if it were, I doubt you'd be any smarter. Most of you would rather watch Pop Idol or Dancing on Ice.

I could say more about your insane belief that government, not your own wallet, is where the money comes from. But I've come to the conclusion that were I to do so, it would sail right over your heads. Government needs large sums of money from taxation to feed its growing population of civil servants. How else can we do it?
I personally do not wish to take the credit for the management of the Ministry, yet as it’s architect, it would seem to me that this long due credit has eluded me.
This is why my position has become untenable.

So I quit. "

Like its author, quite short I think!

Offline Chevalier Blanc

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2010, 04:14:24 AM »
Le Sueur JUST GO!!!

ole razzy

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2010, 04:16:27 AM »
And for the latest breaking news I have a video exclusive in which Team Voice and Stuart Syvret pay a visit to Terry Le Sueur.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWyCCJ6B2WE

ole razzy

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2010, 06:40:59 AM »
Le Sueur JUST GO!!!

And what would be the best place for old Terry Le Sueur to slip away to?

Vanuatu? Very nice in the spring. Locals rave about it!

http://vanuatuvacation.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/vanuatu.jpg

Offline rico sorda

• locked & loaded lets rock rsx
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2010, 02:59:45 PM »
Hi Razzy i remember the trip well lol so just for you i thought i would dig one out from the walker years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaooVeumTW0&feature=related

The chief executive was out on his broom at the time

rs
one ban away from oblivion rsx

Offline boatyboy

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2010, 05:54:30 PM »

Questions that need to be asked by BBC Jersey, the media of the people and paid for by them, on this Sundays talk back.

1. Contrary to the recent Police reports of wrong doing by Mr Harper and Mr Power enthusiastically handed to the islands media, the ACPO ( part 1 ) contradict accusations of poor professional management of the HdlG case. Is an apology going to be forthcoming from the Ministers office which is / was the home of the communications department ?

2. A leading civil servant retired when a Verita report clearly sited management dysfunction which encompassed a bullying culture and lying to the media by members of the management team below Mr Mike Pollard, who received a substantial golden handshake authorised by the council of ministers. Will Mr Harper and Mr Power also be entitled to a settlement. ?

3. Information published on the internet, has been found to be factual and important. It has also pushed to centre spot issues, important to the public. As this process serves to underscore the Chief Ministers and the States of Jerseys commitment to open and transparent Government.

Will the chief Minister tell us whether he supports P147 ( strengthening data protection laws, making it more difficult to write on line ) or if he is against freedom of expression. Further more it is accepted that some so called facts are clearly wrong? Does he agree or disagree that the courts can deal with this and also malicious inaccurate slander?

4. Can the Chief Minister please tell the listeners if the remit for WEB has been met.
How much has WEB financially contributed to the coffers?
How much does WEB cost to run?
Question asked in the States about WEB director Mr Steven Izatt bonus. How much and was it based on productivity ? Answer from the CM £30K and no. As Mr Steven Izatt's £30,000 bonus was not based on productivity what was it based on ?

How many 150 year leases has WEB authorised ? disenfranchising island business or the islanders themselves?

5. As many islanders perceive corruption is endemic in Jersey and as the States has never installed a corporate fraud policy ( unlike every council in the uk which has access to one).  Is the Chief Minister worried that should Police Chief Mr Power be reinstated, he may decide to start a corruption enquiry into members of Government and the States human resources department, amongst others? Would the Chief Minister welcome this?

Boatyboy.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 08:31:12 PM by boatyboy »

ole razzy

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2010, 07:14:46 PM »
Good post BB. I will be lstening in with great interest and without wishing to detract from the seriousness of the points made I'd also like to pose a little question of my own; "Minister - how much helium do you have to swallow daily in order to maintain your vocal pitch?"

Offline Chevalier Blanc

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2010, 11:31:31 PM »
Razzy what are you doing in the JEP childrens page.