Author Topic: No Stamp Duty for First time buyers  (Read 2902 times)

Offline newmac

No Stamp Duty for First time buyers
« on: November 08, 2008, 12:25:46 PM »
http://www.thisisjersey.com/2008/11/07/no-stamp-duty-for-shared-equity-buyers/

Here's a reply I've sent.

According to Senator Le Sueur this is something he has known about for a long time, So why is it he making it sound as if it's a new problem.
I contacted him and Senator Le Main in February of this year to ask if a Ministerial exemption could be made in respect of the sale of the Housing department property sales as it seemed unfair that they where selling first time buyer homes that would always remain in the first time buyer market without the reduced stamp duty and he stated that nothing could be done until the budget which is untrue.
But he can do something now to help Dandara and scrap the stamp duty on these propertys.

Offline rico sorda

• locked & loaded lets rock rsx
Re: No Stamp Duty for First time buyers
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2008, 01:03:56 PM »
The states of jersey are now dandara's estate agents makes me bloody sick each unit costs about 200,000 grand to build could be less as they get huge huge discounts...lower the bloody asking price, they build goose marsh then land in a global downturn and then the bloody states ride in on a big white horse,who runs this island is it dandara..

Ask them how much it costs to build each unit look at the profit then find a middle ground ..

rs
one ban away from oblivion rsx

Offline The Rev Peter Sarkey

• Diocese of St Swithins
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2008, 01:06:57 PM »
The states of jersey are now dandara's estate agents makes me bloody sick each unit costs about 200,000 grand to build could be less as they get huge huge discounts...lower the bloody asking price, they build goose marsh then land in a global downturn and then the bloody states ride in on a big white horse,who runs this island is it dandara..

Ask them how much it costs to build each unit look at the profit then find a middle ground ..

rs

Rico, you'll find the middle ground soon enough when its flooded ;)
"That's not in the effing good book!"

Offline rico sorda

• locked & loaded lets rock rsx
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2008, 10:14:49 PM »
Well my tip is if you have to buy one or can afford to buy one get one that faces the main road there on high ground..rs
one ban away from oblivion rsx

Offline Sarah Ferguson

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2008, 11:55:30 PM »
I have had some highly enlightening discussions with builders (local) and builders (non-local) at the Lifestyle exhibition.  Even with land at current prices we should be able to build economic energy efficient houses - especially for first time buyers at a price they can afford. 

Now to mobilise the support - you still want to build that house Dylan?

Offline The Rev Peter Sarkey

• Diocese of St Swithins
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2008, 08:02:17 AM »
Am doing!
"That's not in the effing good book!"