Author Topic: Treasury Minister: Senator Terry Le Sueur  (Read 21629 times)

Offline Swompy

• Jersey Beautiful Jersey
Re: Treasury Minister: Senator Terry Le Sueur
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2008, 03:53:39 PM »
Terry might be a nice bloke, but his track recored looks like he's terribly thick too.
I thought he was a teacher at one time?
dose anyone know his profile, school etc?
What ARE you doing to my Beautiful Jersey?

Offline Conductor

« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2008, 09:30:14 PM »
I thought he used to be a voice over for the munchkins.

Offline soon

« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2008, 06:53:14 PM »
I thought he was a teacher at one time?
dose anyone know his profile, school etc?

He was a teacher at his old school, De La Salle College.

Given that he is in the running for the office of Chief Minister, it would do the island no favours if there were skeletons in his cupboard. Therefore he should be asked to go public on the circumstances of his abrupt change of career from teacher to accountant.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2008, 06:55:47 PM by soon »

Offline Swompy

« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2008, 12:00:37 PM »
He was a teacher at his old school, De La Salle College.

Given that he is in the running for the office of Chief Minister, it would do the island no favours if there were skeletons in his cupboard. Therefore he should be asked to go public on the circumstances of his abrupt change of career from teacher to accountant.

I remember him from my time at DLSC, I had not recognized him at all, He was in my opinion a horrible little man. This was back in 1960s, a time when some of the brothers were real thugs, especially one who used to hit boys with a mahogany walking stick, something that would be against the law today..one teacher used a leather strap with a steel bar inside, that bully of a man, I believe is still at the school with the top job, I really must go and have chat with him the next time I am in Jersey.... :P :P :P
« Last Edit: August 16, 2008, 09:37:05 AM by boggy »

Chief Minister

« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2008, 01:02:05 PM »
I wish :-[ we don't get him as our next Chief Minister......

Offline soon

« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2008, 08:40:48 AM »
I remember him from my time at DLSC,

Do you know why he left De La Salle?

Chief Minister

« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2008, 09:13:09 AM »
Didn't need the money?

Offline Swompy

« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2008, 09:36:14 AM »
Do you know why he left De La Salle?
Cant say I do.

Offline Jack

Treasury Minister: Senator Terry Le Sueur
« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2008, 02:45:08 PM »
JTM: "How do you rate Senator Le Sueur"?

His moral compass is influenced and attracted to the magnetic desire of money, his transparent actions in all things fiscal betray him.

In interview with the media, especially on television, he always reminds me of a rabbit caught in the bright headlights of a hunter, in a state of absolute fear!

Does he represent the people whom place their faith in him, yes, are these people equally from all of society within the population of the island of Jersey, no!

If the position of CM was ever decided by an island-wide vote by the people, would I vote for him, no!
« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 08:54:33 PM by Jack »
No vote, no voice; no reason to speak your mind, no reason to vote... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reason

Jason the Maverick

« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2008, 05:47:54 PM »
With all due respect, I am fed up of this name calling.  If you don't like his style of politics fine, say so.

I don't like I him so you are not alone.

But to resort to calling people poisoned drawfs is pretty childish to be honest and won't go down that well with most people.

Offline danrok

« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2008, 05:54:34 PM »
I can't see Le Sueur putting in a hard day's graft down the gold mines.

Jason the Maverick

« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2008, 05:56:51 PM »
Lol.

I don't want to sound like I am defending him in anyway, its just that we see this mick take on blogs and facebook, and I just don't think it is productive in any way :-*

Offline Jack

Treasury Minister: Senator Terry Le Sueur
« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2008, 08:57:51 PM »
You are right JTM, I have retracted my last statement, it has no basis in fact and serves no true purpose.

« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 09:01:56 PM by Jack »
No vote, no voice; no reason to speak your mind, no reason to vote... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reason

Jason the Maverick

« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2008, 09:01:11 PM »
Lol.

Offline boatyboy

« Reply #44 on: August 28, 2008, 08:58:34 PM »
So you think it getting expensive living in Jersey. Do you run your own housekeeping budget in credit? Most of us don't but at least it's our money.

We have no choice but to allow our Government to spend our taxes. Treasury Minister Terry Le Suer is at the helm. His election statement "a safe pair of hands" Below is our public accounts committee led by Sarah Ferguson, with the help of the Auditor General Mr Swinson ( can't help liking him).
The States  treasurer Ian Black is in for a hard hot sweaty afternoon having to answer questions about States spending. Is Senator Le Suer doing a good prudent job spending the tax-payers money?  July 2007. This revealing   interview shows all is not cosy, has anyone got a clue how to keep within budget? some departments do and then give to those that don't ?
  quotes in green

Deputy S.C. Ferguson:

But it was not being spent on what we thought it was being spent on. My point at the moment is how are you going to control expenditure when you are not giving departments realistic comparatives? You are taking your previous year’s under spends and reallocating them. So it is a disincentive when it is applied to… if your department under-spends and you give a surplus to somebody who has overspent, then it is a disincentive, you are not coming back to the States for any supplementary spending so that we do not know what is going on. Where are the incentives? How are you going to be able to control States expenditure?

Mr. Ian  Black  (Treasurer of the States)

It is my job to ensure departments have procedures in place to keep their expenditure within amounts voted by the States.

Mr. Alex Ohlsson:

The Committee seeks to understand that and why that has occurred. I think everyone accepts that the decisions to spend that money have been properly made but that does not mean that we should not look back and say that back in 1996 did anyone think that States expenditure would have gone up by 96 per cent rather than 46 per cent over the ensuing 10 years?

Mr. I. Black:

I take your point and I agree with it entirely. But perhaps a more interesting one, if you want to track these things back, is the States Business Plan. Every year the States has a Business Plan that includes 3-year forward cash projections, where you have approved it for one year. Every year thereafter the States agrees a new Business Plan that ignores the cash limits that they set themselves the year before.

http://www.pac.gov.je/view_doc.asp?doc=documents/pubhearings/S-20500-13194-2282007.htm&panelid=30&reviewid=&target=tran

You could not make it up !