Author Topic: Taxpayer could lose £8m over Lime Grove fiasco  (Read 13923 times)

Offline danrok

Taxpayer could lose £8m over Lime Grove fiasco
« on: August 31, 2011, 11:43:06 PM »
THE collapse of a deal to move the police station to Green Street will cost the taxpayer up to £8 million, the Home Affairs Minister said yesterday.

http://www.thisisjersey.com/2011/08/31/taxpayer-could-lose-8m-over-lime-grove-fiasco/

Far from surprising given that Ozouf is involved in this catastrophic waste of money!

He should resign ASAP.

Offline Fritz

Re: Taxpayer could lose £8m over Lime Grove fiasco
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2011, 12:56:06 AM »
Thing is. Who will gain from this fiasco?
The owners of the current offices used by the police?
The firm who, apparently,"Gazzumped", The States? (Why the sudden interest in a building that has been empty for so long. Is it going to be leased to The States at a higher cost. Or did they step in to force The States to look elsewhere?).
Will planning permission now be fast-tracked for the re-development of the, "Sacre Couer",site at Rouge Boullion ?

This whole episode STINKS.

Offline Dundee

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2011, 01:41:15 AM »
What's the betting a well known developer/building company that employs only foreign labour gets the contract?

Offline Fritz

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2011, 03:38:32 AM »
Plans have already been submitted for the, "Sacre Couer", site, (Quite some time ago, and the deal has all but been agreed, "Officially."), which include new offices for the Police and a ,"Brucy Bonus",for the owner of the site to build more,"Much needed", A category housing.
This deal has been in place,"Unofficially", for about ten years.

Who, in their right minds would have, apparently, "Gazzumped ", The States for the site that has been un-sellable for the last ten years unless they were instructed to?

The Sacre Couer site has already yielded 32 non qualified flats, (About to come up for sale as individual units. Including the converted Chapel that was supposed to have been preserved in the original planning permit), 5 new houses on the west side, and a block of 9 flats on the east side. The new,(Not released yet), deal involves a new access road where the Ambulance station currently stands.

There is a lot more to this fiasco than meets the eye.

It STINKS.

Offline more

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2011, 05:46:37 AM »

Did I read this correctly.? Ozouf messed up so much in  wheeling and dealing  over the Lime Grove fiasco? That by not handing over the cash to pay for the Copper's new den, he actually saved taxpayers money?
        Doing the Public a good turn by actually Saving the money.    We  know we can't afford to pay out on a new Lime Grove for Police or any other New Buildings whatsoever.What does it take to convince these people.While their taxing us to the hilt. We can't afford at least for next 3 yrs to continue spending money. Until those who hold the purse strings get to grips to cut out so much States Spending. Learning to cut the cloth according to the width
   Should be their New Motto.

Offline boatyboy

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2011, 07:30:59 PM »

On one of the few occasions I watch Channel News it actually became a rare treat. Two Ministers heated and drooling that could not even agree on simple figures, but in the end if they were in front of the  panel of X factor judges ………………… Phillip would have won the debate.

In fact if Phillip appeared on the real X factor and could not sing he would still make the finals.

Why because he has always been an excellent speaker, and scores 110 out of a 100 for plausibility. You actually feel he believes what he says.

That is of course until you start using your own brain, and think about the words Senator Ozouf gushes out.

He said for example, I am here to get best value for the public er no Phillip that does not stack up. Why have an expensive quango paying the chief executive Mr Izatt £280,000 plus support staff plus offices etc when property services can and have the remit from the States to develop and manager states property. So we have duplication.

Ben Shenton made a statement this week to the media, that the public sector is out of control and still growing, but we are all supposed to tighten our belts, but not the civil service obviously, the figures prove this.

Senator Ozouf then tells us enthusiastically on CTV that the States is a big property  owner why compete with the finance houses we should build on our own land. How much did the schools cost ?  Le Rocquer was £21 million if my memory serves me correctly build on the original site.

The spend and tax States of Jersey spent £12.5 million on refurbishing the opera house. The Lime Grove building seems a bargain at £8.75 million.

Getting value for money is what many struggling families do. Getting more money from islanders. was started by Terry Le Suer and continued by Treasury Minister Phillip Ozouf his young and willing apprentice.

The burden of tax has shifted from local and outside commercial companies all doing business in Jersey, who now pay nothing. The majority of the tax burden falls on the heavy shoulders of low and middle class working men and women.

Now tell us again Phillip how as Treasury Minister you are in office to make sure the public get best value for money.

The X factor full of ego's and showman ship no problem. The TV show apprentice sorry Phillip your fired………………………..you need to walk the walk not just talk the talk.

Boatyboy
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 07:33:53 PM by boatyboy »

Offline rico sorda

• locked & loaded lets rock rsx
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2011, 09:57:40 PM »

Treasury ‘wasn’t briefed on new police station’

Property consultant Guy Gothard and acting States chief executive John Richardson give evidence at yesterday’s meeting
TREASURY Minister Philip Ozouf has defended his department’s handling of the Lime Grove police station deal and has said that it would have ended up as another overspent capital project.

At a Scrutiny hearing yesterday he painted a picture of a Jersey Property Holdings – the branch of the Treasury department that deals with property issues – that had almost ‘gone rogue’, saying that its initial £8.75 million offer for the Lime Grove building, at Green Street roundabout, was made without ministerial approval and was not brought to the Treasury department’s attention for six months.

His testimony followed a hearing at which property consultant Guy Gothard told the panel that he had been brought in as a negotiator by the Treasury department and had eventually reached an £8.25 million deal that was accepted.

He said that lawyers had been instructed to complete the deal before it became clear that the building had been leased by finance firm State

Read more: http://www.thisisjersey.com/2011/09/02/treasury-wasnt-briefed-on-new-police-station/#ixzz1Wo6QZB8v
one ban away from oblivion rsx

Offline rico sorda

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2011, 10:13:06 PM »
How come all looked ok at the end of June? This is the exchange in the states after Philip Ozouf made a statement. Is the big 'O' trying to bullsh*t his way out of this one

Statement by the Minister for Treasury and Resources regarding the acquisition of Lime Grove House

1.1     Senator P.F.C. Ozouf (The Minister for Treasury and Resources):
I wish to inform Members that I presented a report under Standing Order 168 notifying the Assembly of the intention to purchase Lime Grove House in Green Street for use by the States of Jersey Police.  This is an important and significant acquisition and I wanted to make a statement to set out the background and overall reasoning and to provide Members with the opportunity to question me.  Members will be aware that the project to relocate the States of Jersey Police has a long history.  Work began in the 1990s with plans for a new facility on the Esplanade Car Park site.  Since then the project has been through much iteration, including 2 feasibility studies, the evaluation of more than 20 sites and consideration of a scheme on the Summerland site.  The Assembly has already voted a total of £18.1 million to the Police Capital Project with further allocations proposed within the Capital Programme of £2 million in 2012, £1 million in 2013 and £1 million in 2014.  The need to relocate both the operational and administrative sections of the police has now become critical.  In addition to having use of buildings that far exceeded their economic life, with significant maintenance problems, existing facilities do not meet Home Office guidelines and are not suitable for a modern police service.  Considerable work has been done to ensure that Lime Grove House meets the needs of the States of Jersey Police.  The building will accommodate around 180 office-based staff, including the Criminal Justice Unit, C.I.D., (Crime Investigation Department), Joint Financial Crimes Unit, Scenes of Crimes Unit, Special Branch, Control Room, and Directorate.  Through acquiring a modern, open-plan building and by implementing modern office standards, we will achieve real efficiencies in the use of the space.  The proposed acquisition of Lime Grove House forms a 2-part solution.  Firstly, Lime Grove House will accommodate all office-based staff currently based on the Summerland and Rouge Bouillon sites.  The second phase will be the demolition of the old school building and the refurbishment of the remaining facilities on Rouge Bouillon site to create a small operational police station, including a custody suite.  In approving this first phase, Members should be aware that I have taken some convincing that this is the right and the best value option for the States of Jersey.  The proposed acquisition has been the subject of lengthy negotiations and the agreed price is supported by independent valuations and the proposals form part of the most beneficial options for meeting the needs of the States of Jersey Police.  Members can be reassured that the Treasury has carried out a thorough evaluation of all available options, including a full financial appraisal.  Through a combination of moving to modern office accommodation and vacating inadequate, poorly utilised space, this project will reduce floor space by up to 30,000 square feet, free up the Summerland site for housing, allow implementation of modern office space standards and enable the States of Jersey Police to improve its working methods.  I am now convinced that Lime Grove House forms the central part of an option which represents the least development costs, enables police requirements to be met quickly, and frees up the Summerland site for future housing, something which we have, of course, been debating in the Island Plan over the past few days.  This option has the full support of the Minister for Home Affairs and the States of Jersey Police.  As with normal arrangements under Standing Order 168, the commercial details of the proposed acquisition, including the agreed price, must remain confidential until the transaction has been completed.  Members should be aware that considerable work has been undertaken to ensure that these arrangements do represent value for money.  This project represents the first step in a major office rationalisation strategy which is designed to deliver greater efficiency in the occupation of States buildings, reduce the number of sites occupied and improve collaboration between departments.  My Assistant Minister hopes to continue progress with the other phases of the strategy over the next 6 months.  Finally, I would like to thank the Minister for Home Affairs and his team at the States of Jersey Police, in particular the Chief and Deputy Chief of Police, not only for their patience, but for their considerable support in bringing this project to a successful conclusion.  I would also like to thank the Constable of St. Peter who, in his role as Assistant Minister with responsibility for property, has provided me with wholehearted support in bringing this matter to a conclusion.  I must also recognise the role played by the Acting Chief Executive and Assistant Chief Executive in bringing this matter to a conclusion along with, of course, the support provided by Jersey Property Holdings.  After many years of living in inadequate and inappropriate accommodation, I look forward to welcoming the States of Jersey Police into their new home.

The Bailiff:

Very well.  So Members have an opportunity to ask questions.

1.1.1          Connétable A.S. Crowcroft of St. Helier:
While I welcome this letting of an empty building on an important site and the new home to the States Police, would the Minister reconfirm to the Assembly that he supports, in principle, that the States should pay rates on their properties?  Does he recognise that this move will lead to a loss of about £5,000 per annum to St. Helier ratepayers and the housing that he talks about will, of course, not produce any rates for a considerable period of time?  Under those circumstances, would he be willing to make sure that Treasury continues to remit that relatively modest sum of money to the Parish in the meantime?

Senator P.F.C. Ozouf:

The Constable has risen on a number of occasions in the last week wearing almost 2 different hats.  On the one side, he wants us to save money; on the other hand, he wants to not see development apparently now on Esplanade Square.  I want the Parish to maximise their rates value by exciting commercial development across town.  There is an issue of the States paying rates but that also must be a burden shared by all taxpayers and no doubt will be the subject of future debates in this Assembly.  He knows my own position is we have to find the money, we have to find the solution, but it has to be fair to all Parishes as well.

1.1.2  The Connétable of St. Helier:
Can I just follow up; I did not really get an answer.  I did ask the Minister for Treasury and Resources whether he was willing, in the short term, to make sure that the Parish did not suffer a loss of about £5,000 from the letting of this building to the States body.

Senator P.F.C. Ozouf:

I am not prepared to confirm that at this moment.  I need to take advice in relation to the full liability and the other consequential benefits that the releasing of other land will have to the Parish.

1.1.3  Deputy S. Power of St. Brelade:
Three little sub-questions.  The first one is: there is reference to a reduction in office space by 30,000.  What is the gross floor area of the new building?  In relation to provision of official parking for States of Jersey Police and their officers and staff, how will that impinge on Green Street Car Park?  How is he proposing to relate the occupation of this building by the States of Jersey Police with the residential units adjoining it?

Senator P.F.C. Ozouf:

I think that I will send a note, if I may, about the actual precise square footages of the different sites because I probably cannot do justice within 10 minutes of it but I will give the Deputy, if I may, the full breakdown.  Regarding the parking, an arrangement is being made in order to allow the States of Jersey Police special access to the underground parking on Lime Grove House which meets all of their security requirements, and I cannot remember the third question, I am sorry.

Deputy S. Power:

The residential units.

Senator P.F.C. Ozouf:

I understand that the Minister for Home Affairs and his team and the Deputy Police Chief, who has done an enormous amount of work on this, is entirely satisfied that the residential units next to an office space police station is entirely appropriate.

1.1.4  Deputy R.G. Le Hérissier of St. Saviour:
Can the Minister tell us what are the plans for the Rouge Bouillon site and what is the extent of the footprint for the much smaller police station that will be developed on that site?  Given it will be smaller, what is happening to the rest of the site and the fire service?

Senator P.F.C. Ozouf:

A very good question.  First of all, the real prize in this, which is the reason why I have been convinced, is that the Summerland site currently occupied by the States of Jersey Police in frankly terrible accommodation is going to be available to deployment for housing and, I very much hope, affordable housing.  There is a related transaction in relation to this to secure the whole of that site.  In terms of the Rouge Bouillon site, the old St. Helier Girls’ School is going to be vacated and we are looking at the ambulance station and the whole of that site about having a unified ambulance, fire service and operational police station, and that is going to be a subject of a further rationalisation, and I hope releasing some land by efficient use of all the blue light services together, and that is going to be funded by the subsequent capital allocations that this Assembly will consider, one of which is in the Business Plan.

1.1.5  Deputy R.C. Duhamel of St. Saviour:
The Minister tells us in his statement that he has taken some convincing that this is right and best value option for the States of Jersey.  Without breaking any confidences under Standing Order 168, would the Minister be able to assure the House that indeed the acquisition price, whatever it is, does not include a substantial premium over and above what independent valuations have arrived at?

Senator P.F.C. Ozouf:

That is a very good question.  I have taken some convincing and I have been, as Members would expect, pretty difficult in relation to being convinced of the acquisition of a piece of land by the States when we have so much.  I have been convinced that the purchase price does represent value for money.  It was supported by valuations and there has been intense dialogue over the last few months to improve upon the overall package that we have now reached.  I am satisfied that this represents an appropriate value.  I have been very difficult with Property Holdings in relation to the evaluation method in relation to this site and I am happy to brief any Member confidentially on my reasoning and now my justification for being satisfied.  No, there is not a premium in relation to the issue and I am satisfied that red book valuations have been carried out, but I have been extremely difficult and I am grateful for the Minister for Home Affairs bearing with me while I have been difficult but achieving value for money.

1.1.6  Deputy A.E. Jeune of St. Brelade:
So am I to understand from what the Senator says is that the reason for it taking so long and for the Police Department to have been working in inadequate and inappropriate accommodation is because the Minister has needed to be convinced, question number one, and 2 …

The Bailiff:

Well, just one question, Deputy, because a lot of Members want to ask questions.

Senator P.F.C. Ozouf:

If I may say, I think that the police have been poorly treated by the central departments responsible for bringing capital projects to a conclusion.

[11:15]

This has taken far too long.  There were original problems with quite frankly crazy proposals for police stations with bomb blast walls on the Esplanade but we have moved on from that and it is up to the corporate department of Property Holdings to serve the interests of departments in an efficient way, in a timely way, to deal with their issues.  We are now making significant progress on doing that.  I have taken a few months to convince but we have improved the overall package.  We now have an implementable package and I look forward to the States of Jersey Police being in this building within 12 months in order to deliver the efficiencies which the Minister is also asked to do in terms of his police force.

1.1.7  Deputy M. Tadier of St. Brelade:
The Minister said he had taken some convincing that this was the right and best value option for the States.  What were the doubts that he had that this was the right and best value for the States?

Senator P.F.C. Ozouf:

The original package, which had a whole series of options in it including a whole series of other consequential moves involving other States properties, was not, frankly, going to be able to be possible.  A plan that could be implemented, which would not have cost overruns, was properly planned and appropriate prices for the various different constituent part of phase 1.

1.1.8  Deputy D.J.A. Wimberley of St. Mary:
This, on the face of it, is a good solution.  I just wanted to ask about whether the Minister can elaborate on any possible problems with operating from 2 sites.  We are always told that it is good to operate from one site, so I would just like clarification that this issue is resolved and a little explanation what the issues might be.

Senator P.F.C. Ozouf:

I am conferring with my friend, the Minister for Home Affairs, because we regard this almost as a common statement, as a common policy.  The Minister advises me that his staff are operating out of 5 sites at the moment and it is their preferred option to be operating out of a back-office office site and a front-office operational police station, which will be at Rouge Bouillon ... hopefully at Rouge Bouillon.  We will look at the details of that with their custody suite.  This is the police’s preferred option and is going to accrue significant operational efficiencies as a result of operating out of 2 sites strategically located in town.

1.1.9  Deputy J.B. Fox of St. Helier:
Finally, common sense prevails, congratulations.  The reduction of 30,000 square feet I can understand, but can we make sure that we have looked at the long term and we are not going to want to hive off departments as legal requirements or policing requirements progress over periods of time?  This is essential.  Designing out crime also applies to a police station.

Senator P.F.C. Ozouf:

I have full confidence in the new Police Chief and his Deputy under the oversight of the Minister in terms of making sure that there is a long-term solution, but we have got more work to do on the Rouge Bouillon side and the custody suite and the operational side and that is phase 2 that we are going to turn our considerable attention to now.

1.1.10          Deputy P.V.F. Le Claire of St. Helier:
I would like to congratulate the Ministers and the Chief of Police who, in my opinion, is doing a wonderful job.  I would just like to ask, if I might, the Minister in response to this opportunity to question him on such an important issue.  I, for example, would like to suggest at this stage that rationalisation of more parking be made at Green Street, which would be much more cost effective than Snow Hill car park to accommodate these cars.  But given His Excellency’s speech this morning and given these issues have been around for some time, what exactly is the role of this Assembly and what is the role of the Executive?  How does Scrutiny impart its view, given this extensive …

The Bailiff:

Deputy, I am sorry, these are no doubt very important questions but I think not for questions in relation to this particular matter.

Deputy P.V.F. Le Claire:

Succinctly, Sir, does he not think that if we do have a role in questioning this that perhaps it might command a proposition to this Assembly or is it just something that has been decided upon behind the scenes?

Senator P.F.C. Ozouf:

If I may answer, this Assembly’s job is to hold me accountable for the decisions that I am recommending.  Standing Order 168 sets out an arrangement whereby I notify Members or normally the Assistant Minister, but because of the scale of the transaction, this is being done together, notify Members of the transaction.  Members have 15 working days in order to consider it and then I undertake, if there was a proposition to block it - I hope there is not going to be - then I would effectively not instruct officers to proceed with the acquisition.  I am making a statement to give Members the opportunity of holding me to account and that is the appropriate role, I think.  I asked leave of you, Sir, to make a statement and I thought that was the right way and the right balance of explaining, of holding me to account and, of course, I stand available with the Minister to undertake further answers in the next 15 working days.  I would say that I am happy to answer any Member’s questions in relation to this matter by email or meeting with a group of Members with the Minister in order to deal with any questions Members may have

Offline danrok

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2011, 01:44:02 AM »
Interesting post on JEP, quoted below:

These comments from the treasury minister are outrageous and wholly inaccurate. As someone who worked at the Treasury at the time, I can say that property holdings did brief the treasury, chief executive, and Minister and his assistant throughout the process. The offer that was made to the owners of the building was always subject to the ministers approval and contract. Mr Ozouf was completely aware of this and what the offer was as were the Treasury.
Be a man for a change, not a boy, and take responsibility for your co*k up. It only went pear shaped when You and Mr Izatt decided you knew best. Look what happened when you get involved beyond your expertise…the public loses out.

Read more: http://www.thisisjersey.com/2011/09/02/treasury-wasnt-briefed-on-new-police-station/#ixzz1Wp2dWi78

Offline Mark Forskitt

• A View from the West
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2011, 02:39:38 AM »
There is no way to win this one.  The cost 'saving' that would have been achieved by Sen Ozouf's intervention would have been , at best £500,000.  Set against that the additional costs that will necessarily be incurred in doing the search, due diligence, legal preparation, specifying changes etc to find another site, and you may have added that much to the basic building purchase price of the  new building.  There are times when the risk costs do not justify trying to squeeze every last penny.

Offline danrok

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2011, 03:27:59 AM »
Yes, sometimes it does not pay to shop around - endlessly trying to find a better deal, at the expense of losing a reasonable deal, and generally wasting time.

It is interesting that Ozouf has only made some serious allegations about the competency of Property Holdings, only when his own neck is on the line.

Don't ministers have a duty to report and act on these things ASAP?  Rather than keeping it to themselves until such time as it becomes useful ammunition, for the defence of their own career?

Offline boatyboy

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2011, 09:17:29 PM »

30 June 2011

Minister for Treasury and Resources, Senator Philip Ozouf, said "This is an important step on the road to fundamentally changing the way we use our buildings. Not only does this acquisition provide a cost effective solution to meet the needs of the States of Jersey Police, it also enables the States to move towards new ways of working that reduce operating costs and will free up the whole of the Summerland site for alternative use such as affordable housing.”

Moving office-based police staff to this new building would reduce the overall use of office space and would free up the Summerland site, which could then be used for future housing. If Lime Grove House were to be occupied, work would start on the demolition of the old school building and refurbishment of the current police station at Rouge Bouillon. This would complete the redevelopment of all Police facilities in Jersey.

http://www.gov.je/News/2011/Pages/MinisterProposesNew.aspx

In the first statement above released by the Treasury Minister he appears to be very happy which is confirmed by Rico's posting using excerpts taken from Hansard.

This is a real can of worms and no doubt Scrutiny's report needs to be published in full and open to the public not redacted. Somebody is being very economical with the truth. The Treasury Ministers figures are even disputed by the Home Affairs Minister Ian Le Marquand.

However if one stands back and takes a look at the information available the police are to have  30,000 less feet of office space and be more efficient. Maybe its just me but if this is the case that means the police at this time are wasting the taxpayers money by heating and maintaining 30,000 of space not required and have been doing so for some time.

The old college for Girls school is surely large enough to house 120 people doing backroom police work. The idea that the new building must be bomb proof ( as mentioned )  and all the fine gold plated trimmings that the States departments spend on themselves must face a reality check. That would probably be the first for a very long time with this spend and tax CoM.

BB

Offline boatyboy

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2011, 07:49:40 PM »
Invisible on the JEP internet site which some might feel is very stange seeing it is a follow on from a  major story concerning the loss of taxpayers money, and two major departments the police and treasury.

It is my understanding, and I stand to be corrected, that Deputy John Le Fondre as assistant Treasury minister was sacked by Senator Ozouf because the Deputy disagreed with an increase in GST in times of recession and wanted States spending to be cutback further.

Reply (7) above clearly shows Senator Ozouf obviously was fully briefed on the project and was also very much in favour when he sold it to other States members. So why rock the boat if all is settled ?

This in my opinion is important enough to be put on the internet, as Deputy Le Fondre was involved from the start, and makes a valuable contribution to the Scrutiny Panel.

Treasury did know of Lime Grove offer.

The collapse of the deal to turn the Lime Grove building on Green Street roundabout into a new police station was caused by a failure of the States, according to the former assistant minister in involved from the start.

Deputy John Le Fondre's testimony to an investigation panel has questioned the treasury departments defence that they new nothing about the initial £8.75 million offer for the site put forward by the Jersey property holdings department in March 2010.

The Treasury's position is that they new nothing about the offer until November.

The delay in signing a deal apparently caused by attempts to revalue and renegotiate the deal, allowed a finance firm to grab the site from under their noses.

The Deputy says that the Treasury was told about the £8.75 million offer in May, and has accused the department led by Treasury Minister Phillip Ozouf- of conducting a witch hunt over the project.

The Deputy was removed as assistant minister by Senator Ozouf at the start the year.

Speaking to the Corporate Services Scrutiny panel on Friday, Deputy Le Fondre said: As far as I am concerned, the department has failed. No matter which way you look at it -the project has not happened, and it should have happened.

I am exceptionally disappointed and angry about the failure of the project. I have to say that there appears to be a witch hunt in regard to all this very recently, and a lot of red herrings were raised and I think that there has been a clouding of more fundamental issues.
As far as I was concerned, we had done it. Everyone one at department levels was signed up and in terms of support, Ministers apart from the Treasury Minister- everyone was signed up.

Deputy Le Fondre added that had the Treasury department not blocked the acquisition, the police could have moved their office-based departments into the building already.

The initial plan was to move police operations that do not need custody cells, and equipment storage and maintenance into the new building to free up the existing sites in town for housing.

JEP Monday 5th September.   

« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 08:02:13 PM by boatyboy »

Offline man in the street

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2011, 09:54:29 PM »
 it would be difficult to move any one into  lime grove ,  as is , it has no airconditioning  fitted and not a lot of other things that are required to make a fully working building .
 i think it was built , but un fitted till  some one took it on as everyones needs are different .

Offline rico sorda

« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2011, 12:49:35 AM »

Lime Grove: Senior civil servant leaves

David Flowers

A SENIOR civil servant at the centre of the Lime Grove fiasco which saw the States lose out on a deal to move the police station to Green Street roundabout has left his job.

No one contacted by the JEP today was able to confirm whether Jersey Property Holdings director David Flowers had been sacked or whether he had resigned. It was his department which was responsible for signing the deal to buy the Lime Grove building.

As was revealed last week, the States though that they had secured the site, only to find out that a finance industry company – State Street – had beaten them to it. It has been claimed that the deal could cost the taxpayer £8 million.

Mr Flowers’ departure comes midway through a Scrutiny investigation into the States’ failure to secure the Lime Grove site for a new police station.

Calls to Mr Flowers at Jersey Property Holdings this morning were unsuccessful, and the JEP was told that he was ‘no longer with the company’. All inquiries were directed to acting States chief executive John Richardson.

Full story in Wednesday’s JEP

Article posted on 7th September, 2011 - 3.21pm

Read more: http://www.thisisjersey.com/2011/09/07/lime-grove-senior-civil-servant-leaves/#ixzz1XI2zkPOK