Author Topic: Senator Ozouf donates £10,000 luxury holiday haul for Xmas  (Read 4767 times)

rogueelement

Re: Senator Ozouf donates £10,000 luxury holiday haul for Xmas
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2009, 01:49:50 AM »
I think that perhaps you are all just being bleeding thick,,,,, what other "prizes" have been won by this 30/40 man jaunt down to India . what was the price of the "Raffle " tickets, how many people "bought  ;)) a ticket?
But again , fair play to Ozouf , at least he got in early on the "I,m giving my prize away"  Crazy ! you must have contacts in the punjab, can you find out the seating plans , the ticket allocation, cost per ticket  and who the "lucky winners" were ..I,m sure it must be available in the Munbai times , but as always , i am far too busy plotting my overthrow of the govt. to concentrate on the minor details.

Offline newmac

« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2009, 06:34:48 AM »
So he's given something to the auction that cost him nothing and he won at the tax payers cost, that's nice of him :-X

But look at the auction there's plenty of people who have a lot less money and don't get paid by the tax payer who have put up items and services that cost them time and money, there the ones who should get free advertising/pr in the rag IMHO.

The Backbencher

« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2009, 06:48:08 AM »
I find it amusing sometimes when people complain about the finance industry getting funds to promote itself from tax intake and then going to places like India or China.

But what always appears to be ignored is the hundreds of millions that the finance industry puts into the pot in the first place!

Cousinbenson

« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2009, 08:50:12 AM »
but as always , i am far too busy plotting my overthrow of the govt. to concentrate on the minor details.

You sound similar to our good friend Stuart Syvret in your posting!

The Backbencher

The Backbencher

« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2009, 01:17:50 AM »
Table for four - that'll be £2,200!

It's not open yet, but a table for four has already been booked at Marco Pierre White's new restaurant in Jersey.

It went for £2,200 in the Joint Charities Christmas Appeal auction staged by Channel 103. The bid helped raise a record £45,598.

A luxury holiday in India, donated by Senator Philip Ozouf, went for £7,320 and an offer by Ogier of free conveyancing on a house was snapped up for £4,000.

(Obviously some money splashing around in Jersey)......