Author Topic: Senator Ozouf donates £10,000 luxury holiday haul for Xmas  (Read 4772 times)

The Backbencher

Senator Ozouf donates £10,000 luxury holiday haul for Xmas
« on: December 04, 2009, 12:56:39 PM »
SENATOR DONATES AUCTION'S STAR LOT

Channel 103 can reveal the star lot in this year's Charity Auction has been donated by Jersey's Treasury Minister.  :o

Senator Philip Ozouf has given a luxury long haul holiday, including first class flights, leading hotel and VIP treatment. He won the extra special break at a gala dinner at the Indian High Commission, but has chosen to give it away. It is worth about £10,000 and is set to give the Christmas Appeal a huge boost when bids open on Sunday.

The Charity Auction has been extended by an hour. It starts at 10am on Sunday. Full details of all the lots available on the auction pages of channel103.com

Solomon

Re: Senator Ozouf donates £10,000 luxury holiday haul for Xmas
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2009, 03:28:23 PM »
Considering that Ozouf won this prize whilst travelling and being entertained entirely at the public's expense, he hasn't exactly put his hand in his own pocket has he?

Offline Chevalier Blanc

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2009, 04:12:45 PM »
I wonder what he deed to win the £10000?

The Backbencher

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2009, 06:20:30 PM »
A curry eating competition?

Father-Christmas

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2009, 07:33:46 PM »
I wonder what he deed to win the £10000?

Perhaps it was a case of

Sucky sucky $10

Offline Dylan

• HELP!
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2009, 07:50:02 PM »
A curry eating competition?
Teach him what his Ar!se is for ;)
!dereggub si draobyek ym kniht I

rogueelement

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2009, 09:47:41 PM »
I think the comments above are extremely below the belt . The fact that Senator Ozouf has made this gesture is fantastic, well done Senator Ozouf!!
Now I would like to hear from all the other sycophants traveling on the same trip as to what "prizes" they won??

Given that a $10,000 prize is quite a huge amount , did they pay $1000 per ticket? Or was it simply a case of you sit down with us you get a free ticket , formidable largesse  from the Indian government I expect and I would like to know , who else "won a prize"??
This could be very interesting!Come along you guys , you know who you are and should stand up and admit your "prize" because if we do find out , and we will , that you are off on a freeebie holiday , your ass will be grass , and we are the lawn mower men!
Hats off to Ozouf for the offer , time we heard from the rest of the weasels on the freebie!

By the way I will be offering $4000 for that prize on the basis that i do not know what it was , or where it is going , but deeply suspect it is the State owned Indian Airlines offering 1st class to the State owned 5 star hotels in the State owned Christian parts of India , nowhere near the Pakistani border.
I hope.

Offline Durendal

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2009, 09:52:32 PM »
I think the comments above are extremely below the belt . The fact that Senator Ozouf has made this gesture is fantastic, well done Senator Ozouf!!
Now I would like to hear from all the other sycophants traveling on the same trip as to what "prizes" they won??

Given that a $10,000 prize is quite a huge amount , did they pay $1000 per ticket? Or was it simply a case of you sit down with us you get a free ticket , formidable largesse  from the Indian government I expect and I would like to know , who else "won a prize"??
This could be very interesting!Come along you guys , you know who you are and should stand up and admit your "prize" because if we do find out , and we will , that you are off on a freeebie holiday , your ass will be grass , and we are the lawn mower men!
Hats off to Ozouf for the offer , time we heard from the rest of the weasels on the freebie!

By the way I will be offering $4000 for that prize on the basis that i do not know what it was , or where it is going , but deeply suspect it is the State owned Indian Airlines offering 1st class to the State owned 5 star hotels in the State owned Christian parts of India , nowhere near the Pakistani border.
I hope.

Fartypuss

I think the only majority Christian part is GOA the rest is mainly Hindu (smatterings of Muslims and Sikhs excluded!)

Offline Dylan

• HELP!
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2009, 10:10:54 PM »
Actually :~

Religion                Population               Percent 

All religions          1,028,610,328           100.00%  This figure has probably jumped a little since I started typing,
Hindus                   827,578,868            80.5%
Muslims                 138,188,240             13.4%
Christians                24,080,016              2.3%
Sikhs                      19,215,730              1.9%
Buddhists                  7,955,207              0.8%
Jains                        4,225,053              0.4%
Others                      6,639,626              0.6%
Religion not stated         727,588              0.1%

So I think Spartan your half-assed cheapo holiday will be a bitter disapointment as you wil once again be a member of a small minority group! :D

!dereggub si draobyek ym kniht I

Offline danrok

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2009, 10:21:49 PM »
The chances are the prize would have been donated in the first place, by Kingfisher Airlines.

ole razzy

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2009, 11:33:19 PM »
I think Ozouf should have kept the prize or simply exchanged it for a luxury trip to Davos where he could mingle with the worlds super elite policy makers and sharpest minds. He is after all a man of truly extraordinary ability, a leading light and not one to duck the opportunity to represent our proud nation state on the world stage. Failing that he could have donated it anonymously and not made any political capital out of it. ****.

rogueelement

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2009, 12:04:18 AM »
I think Ozouf should have kept the prize or simply exchanged it for a luxury trip to Davos where he could mingle with the worlds super elite policy makers and sharpest minds. He is after all a man of truly extraordinary ability, a leading light and not one to duck the opportunity to represent our proud nation state on the world stage. Failing that he could have donated it anonymously and not made any political capital out of it. ****.

You guys are obviously missing the main point ,so I SHALL SPELL IT OUT QUITE CLEARLY!
God i wish you could sometimes just listen before making childish comment!

I hope.

ole razzy

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2009, 01:20:20 AM »
I still think he's a **** though.Buts that only because I know him.

Offline Fritz

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2009, 01:39:16 AM »
For , "Prize", read, "Bribe".

I,d like to know what he agreed to do to win this, "Prize", and who else won ,"Prizes".

The Backbencher

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2009, 01:41:40 AM »
I still think he's a **** though.Buts that only because I know him.

I know Mr Sorda's posts can be tedious and repetitive sometimes but we should all at least try to get along.