Author Topic: A political subject for a change (as it is back in the news)- Budget 2010  (Read 10307 times)

Offline Dylan

• HELP!
Back onto thread: For fiscal stimulus, read "deficit spending". Ordinarily, it would be beyond my capabilities to dream up such a challenge, however I would like to ask who should be given the "Naked Capitalist" award for blindly leading us into the sorry state we're in today?

PO has followed Obama in "thinking up" and partly delivering the fiscal stimulus plan promised on Feb 24 this year. I say partly, because I'm still waiting for my stimulus cheque to arrive and I certainly don't know anyone else (worthy or otherwise) who has received same.
This has to be economic exhibitionism at it's highest. A Governmental handout, photocopy of The States intentions. Nope, not the States of Jersey, but those guys up on Capital Hill itself.

Perhaps Terry, whom having mumbled himself around the radio in an appalling manner on Sunday should take the prize. Not for his one liner "He told me it was true so that's it isn't it?" ( er Tel old son, ever heard of four eyes, six eyes, eight eyes, where someone is looking over the next person's shoulder, over the next one etc to make sure nobody is copying Baroness Scotland's lead of how to do it from the top). How can this man be trusted with such an autocratic record?

http://seekingalpha.com/instablog/360249-carroll-trust/18884-baroness-scotland-qc-attorney-general-racketeering-corruption-allegations-in-britains-biggest-fraud-fbi-carroll-case

The point being that if there is no-one at the top of our leadership ensuring checks on cheques then where does this leave us?

Perhaps those of you in the Finance Industry would care to comment?
!dereggub si draobyek ym kniht I

Offline vlad1m1r

• Vlad's Pad
I would just like to state that it was not me!
I took a week off and so did everyone else it seems. Hmmm something for the paranoids to think about

Well we've all said our piece, the only thing I think is worth adding at this stage is that there's a very simple video tutorial for those who want to use OpenDNS (Probably a good idea in any case as it can improve your connection speed):

If anyone else wants to know more about protecting their privacy online, feel free to send me a PM, I'll point you in the right direction.

V.

rogueelement

OK Children ...make a note of the following , you in the back wake up!

http:/anonymouse.org

If you have problems accessing PJ , bookmark that site and enter http:/www.planetjersey.co.uk

If that fails to work, then check that you have locked your doors and have suitable weapons available to confront the running fascist dogs of the Jersey Oligarchy.

You might also wish to consider checking out the following:-
Paranoia.com

The truth is out there, personally I sit here content in that they will go for Rico and Boaty Boy first.

Offline Dundee

OK Children ...make a note of the following , you in the back wake up!

http:/anonymouse.org

The truth is out there, personally I sit here content in that they will go for Rico and Boaty Boy first.

I think it may be worth alerting Deputy Hill about this, it is the sort of National disaster we were all dreading.

I suggest we set up an emergency bunker somewhere as a safe house which could double up as an archive for Rico's cut and pastes.

Offline rico sorda

• locked & loaded lets rock rsx
Dundee

;D  ;D  ;D

A knob yes but with the added bonus of being funny

rs  :-*

one ban away from oblivion rsx

Offline vlad1m1r

• Vlad's Pad
I think it may be worth alerting Deputy Hill about this, it is the sort of National disaster we were all dreading.

I suggest we set up an emergency bunker somewhere as a safe house which could double up as an archive for Rico's cut and pastes.

It is a little hard to imagine that this site contained material that was controversial enough for an ISP to censor us; compared to the often quoted, never backed up material of the "Voice for Children" blog, we're about as inflammatory as the BBC Good Food guide. Perhaps the problem is not what is posted but by whom... (cue dramatic music)...

Nevertheless I will create a new thread for those with a persecution complex, in the meantime do carry on with whatever it was this thread was originally about :-d

V.