Author Topic: Treasury Minister  (Read 10336 times)

Offline danrok

Re: Treasury Minister
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2009, 06:35:52 PM »
There was a lot more going on besides farming, some 900 ships were built in Jersey, then you have mills and knitting, i.e. jerseys.  Channel Island knitwear was worn throughout Britain, especially by fishermen.

Offline Adrian

« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2009, 06:39:12 PM »
The trouble is whatever people say its better working in offshore banking that doing the jobs Jersey people did years ago.

Offline White Knight

« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2009, 08:53:07 PM »
You tell DANROK and while you are about it tell them how NEW JERSEY USA got that name. Then there is the boats that you said were made here and they went fishing at NEW FOUNDLAND for the cod. We Jersey boys have been everwhere on this earth and must not forget the pirating we did for the King. I was told once that Jersey granite is very very hard and the water i drink has travelled through that granite so now you know why Jersey Man are bloody hard.

Offline White Knight

« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2009, 09:16:37 PM »
Are you having a laugh JUNGLEDIRECTOR Ozouf Snr. clever, you got to be joking. I was in hospital in the same ward as Snr. and he was playing on his computer a game and he said to the man opposite him how clever you had to be to play this game. I was in ear eye shot of him, he was playing the card game solitaire, but it was on the demonstration mode telling you where to put the next card, i nearly pissed myself! The bullsh*t, he did not have a clue!!! One other thing, i overheard a conversation he had with a certain Deputy who is no longer is in the States, he was asking for advice to who he should have on a certain panel. The answer was "you cannot have Syvert he will not toe the line with you on this. So god knows where he got his brain from Ozouf Jr. All thou his wires in the brain are incorrectly wired.

debumblebee

« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2009, 04:07:04 PM »
Not much comment in Senator Ozouf so far. Is he better than the last two Treasury Ministers? I guess its the toughest job in the States.

ole razzy

« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2009, 04:06:29 PM »
"Hi my name is Philip Ozouf. Now look at me. Look at me I say. Goddamit look at me. Now look away. I dont want to you to look at me anymore".

Offline boatyboy

« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2012, 03:54:26 PM »
The Treasury Minister has been getting a lot of flack in the States over the last couple of weeks for employing his own personal  spin doctor sorry - communication person.

The cost is, and I may be wrong an additional £41K. He argues that the public should be informed and good communication is the key. One of my political contacts says ( unconfirmed ) that shock of shocks that the States departments ( the ones that commercially produce nothing but cost a lot ) have actually increased the number of employe's over 2012.

This word Key has got my attention though and also a certain Deputy Baudains.

Remember the Treasury Minister Ozouf, lover of foreign jollies around the world tells us no more tax increases with a smile and a wink, and then we are warned that tax is going up on fuel by 6.9% but remember folks the 6.9% is not 6.9% percent because that will attract 5% gst on top of the 6.9%.

So watch my lips Minister Ozouf has done it again said one thing and done the other. Lets see if he expects us to believe him come the voting season, it is not that far away, so who do you trust to tell the truth ?

JEP.

The Budget published by Treasury Minister Philip Ozouf calls for a 6.9% increase in fuel duty from 1 January, but the St Clement Deputy says that ministers should be addressing high price margins on fuel before adding to the costs.

‘The motorist already puts over £20 million into States coffers via fuel tax, not to mention the profit made from car-parking fees,’ said Deputy Baudains, who has lodged an amendment asking that the three pence-per-litre increase be cancelled.

http://www.thisisjersey.com/news/2012/11/03/petrol/

Boatyboy.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 03:56:08 PM by boatyboy »

Offline Chevalier Blanc

« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2012, 04:55:29 PM »
What was ozouf talking about taking money from a pension fund to use somewhere else, Phil Rondel was really upset with this in the states last Tuesday or Wednesday?

Offline Calimachon

• http://www.amnesty.org.uk/
« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2012, 07:55:57 PM »
When will it end eh?  All I know is that the first I heard of the present Treasury Minister  many years ago it had something to do with Big Boobies.  I have heard about nothing else since but for his Big Boobies (alleged mistakes, excuse the pun) since.  :)

Let us please redress the balance - what has he done that does not appear to be a Big Boobie? 

Cali :)

« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 08:19:53 PM by Calimachon »
TOMORROW (Noun) = A mystical land where 99% of all human productivity, motivation an achievement is stored

Offline Mark Forskitt

• A View from the West
« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2012, 03:24:24 PM »
What was ozouf talking about taking money from a pension fund to use somewhere else, Phil Rondel was really upset with this in the states last Tuesday or Wednesday?

Yes they raised same fund a couple of years ago as a one off.   Having promised is was a one off, they went and did it again.  No chance of them raiding for example the criminal confiscation fund. 

There was also a row over the sale of £20million of JT shares too, that give States £1.8 million dividend a year.   Treasury minister is proud of having a balanced budget, but it is only done by selling off some of the family silver and raiding the childrens' piggy banks - not exactly sustainable.

Offline danrok

« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2012, 04:58:53 AM »
Those JT shares belong to the people of Jersey.

Having said that, JT has a lot of unhappy customers right now, due to poor management and business decisions.

Who would want £20m worth of preference shares in a badly managed company?

Because they're preference shares they carry no voting rights, which means you can't vote to have anyone sacked.

Offline boatyboy

« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2013, 07:23:03 PM »
Treasury Minister Senator Ozouf, where are you and are you not in fact supposed to be in charge of good Governance of the spending of the taxpayers money.

CTV.

picture of sloppy handling of public money is being painted in Jersey.

http://www.channelonline.tv/channelonline%5Fjerseynews/DisplayArticle.asp?ID=504068

And.

THE cost of Jersey’s civil service has continued to spiral despite a significant redundancy programme and major spending cuts across public services, according to the States spending watchdog.

http://www.thisisjersey.com/news/2013/03/02/cost-of-the-island’s-civil-service-is-still-rising/

They had not better ask for an increase in GST or their will probably be civil disturbance.

BB
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 07:27:27 PM by boatyboy »

Offline boatyboy

« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2013, 03:38:29 PM »

Departments have just saved the taxpayer a whole lot of money around £55 million but roughly half is going to be given back to States departments and the other lump back to the contingency fund.

This year there have been several increases to island residents by way of increased parking charges, music lessons, planning charges up, but here is the thing.
The sad Joke is as many of you will already understand, that there is no windfall. How can there be with the States spending over £2 billion in three years an increase of 4% per annum in a recession, with inflation eating up any growth.

You may have by now forgotten Senator Ozouf saved money because there is a deficit, which he also increased GST to cover.

Treasury minister Ozouf has backed Option B in the referendum – the one that will allow him to operate with even less effective scrutiny. He is on record as asking why scrutiny is required at all.

Ahhhhhhhh  it all makes sense now, released twelve days before a referendum vote !

Senator Ozouf loads of money, April 12th 2113

http://www.thisisjersey.com/news/2013/04/22/ozouf-we-have-the-money-now-find-the-projects/

Senator Ozouf big problems ahead ( around 3 minutes into the interview ) April 12th 2013

http://www.channelonline.tv/channelonline%5Fjerseynews/DisplayArticle.asp?ID=504776

BB