Author Topic: Treasury Minister  (Read 10334 times)

Offline danrok

Re: Treasury Minister
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2009, 04:48:02 PM »
Afraid he does danrock, I have an old friend who is a headmaster, about five years ago he told me he was on £75K. I am not joking.

Head of Dept. or Head of the whole school?

Online boatyboy

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2009, 05:33:36 PM »

Sorry just got back home, He was headmaster of a primary school and is now working as a head of a larger primary school.Does very little teaching its all about admin. and policy, he does care very much about his work to be fair.

Many professions in the states pay more than the 30% banded about. I am researching another project at the moment, any  of you wizzkids fancy looking at further facts, regarding wages paid by States Departments. It should be available somewhere ? Transparent Government, transparent accounts not to much to ask seeing its tax payers money ?
BB

Offline danrok

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2009, 07:03:53 PM »
That would be about right then.  Salary for a Headteacher (not departmental), in the UK, seems to vary between £50K and £100K.

Some UK Schools are very big, in which case you would expect a higher salary.  Fee-charging schools will generally pay more as well.

Offline Pomme de terre

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2009, 12:46:47 AM »
danrok, don't forget those figures are the whole package.

Base salary plus very generous pension contribution.

Senior, very long-serving teachers (not headmasters) will surely be drawing that?

Offline rico sorda

• locked & loaded lets rock rsx
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2009, 12:11:53 PM »
Boy is Sen phil ozouf a media darling he is everywhere at the moment.. Nice interview in the rag today had to read it in the shop but the shop assistant was cool about it..

A two page spread and told us nothing at all,all i keep hearing is we are well placed , well from my line of work not that well placed building is slowing big time ...

140million quid thats like 10p in your pocket & 500million well what happens if finance takes a big downturn that 500million will be like 10p in your pocket im scared about our future ... The esplanade quarter must surely be dead in the water.

There are loads of empty new houses on this island 500,000 for a box

I don't believe we have the states members to pull us through this i really dont

Like in the war years churchill stepped up and guided his nation ..

What have we got CAPTAIN BLOODY WAFFLE OZOUF THATS WHAT & PRIVATE WELL POSITIONED MACLEAN

RS
« Last Edit: March 07, 2009, 01:56:53 PM by rico sorda »
one ban away from oblivion rsx

Offline Adrian

« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2009, 01:55:10 PM »
Ozouf!! If I was him I'd get as far away from Jersey as I could ASAP. When this place is finished as a tax haven he will have to deal with it. He is not a self made man, he is a rich kid who has never do a proper days work in his life. He is never going to be another Maynard Keynes.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2009, 03:49:29 PM by Adrian »

Offline danrok

« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2009, 05:10:29 PM »
We'll be seeing plenty of these patronising centre page spreads from Ozouf and his friends at the JEP.  An exercise in grooming the public of Jersey, ready for the next, secret-deal-done-already, Chief Minister Ozouf.

Try telling those 100s of people who have lost their jobs in the last few months, that "Jersey can weather the storm".

Offline Ruddler

« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2009, 06:00:53 PM »
Cheer up folks, at least we haven't got Guernsey's economy!  They're talking about borrowing money now by issuing bonds - but who would lend to them?  Still, they are likely to follow the fine example set by the architects of our current prosperity (GST) and better a sinner that repenteth - come on in Guernsey, the water's lovely (once you get over the inital temperature shock)!

Offline moot

« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2009, 06:18:59 PM »
Cheer up folks, at least we haven't got Guernsey's economy!  They're talking about borrowing money now by issuing bonds - but who would lend to them? 

Who would lend to them ? Well, Ozouf keeps boosting that we have so much dosh in our three States funds that he might perhaps lend them a shilling or two. Although he probably hasn't looked how much is actually in these funds and with stocks crashing again it might be less then he thought

Offline Ruddler

« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2009, 06:32:22 PM »
Written reply in a ? from Paul Le Claire on 24/02 from Treasury - the stabilisation fund isn't invested in shares and didn't reduce in value in 2008 although I guess it won't have earned much interest recently.  We don't seem to have spent any of it yet, I wonder why not?  I suppose we can manage for now and don't need to, apparently Income Tax found another bikkie tin behind a filing cabinet with a decent wedge in it! 

Not sure about the RDF though, although apparently it isn't raining enough yet to use it, think that might be in various investments including cash.

Maybe we could lend some to Guernsey and get a decent return on it - Siam Cup would be a start.

Offline moot

« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2009, 10:48:38 PM »
Written reply in a ? from Paul Le Claire on 24/02 from Treasury - the stabilisation fund isn't invested in shares and didn't reduce in value in 2008 although I guess it won't have earned much interest recently.  We don't seem to have spent any of it yet, I wonder why not?  I suppose we can manage for now and don't need to, apparently Income
Not sure about the RDF though, although apparently it isn't raining enough yet to use it, think that might be in various investments including cash.

For recent discussion and info about our States funds go to:
http://planetjersey.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1456.45

Offline moot

« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2009, 04:28:17 PM »
Today's Sunday Times article will have got Ozouf jumping up and down - he might lose his hair again

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/industry_sectors/banking_and_finance/article5864693.ece

Offline Adrian

« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2009, 05:12:49 PM »
Never mind when Jersey is longer a tax haven we can all get proper honest jobs instead of immoral tax dodging ones.

Offline Fritz

« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2009, 06:07:59 PM »
I like my immoral tax dodging job.

Offline Adrian

« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2009, 06:20:50 PM »
I like my immoral tax dodging job.

I know, way better than having to work on a farm like Jersey people had to do in the olden days.