Author Topic: Philip Ozouf message, two fingers shown to islanders or total denial.  (Read 610 times)

Offline boatyboy

There it is a final yearly statement from the leading architect and supporter of the " Jersey Finance Centre"  Senator Philip Ozouf as he shoutes loud through the JEP:

PUBLISHED: December 25, 2016 9:00 am

Senator Ozouf: Finance Centre helping to make town ‘prettier

http://jerseyeveningpost.com/news/2016/12/25/senator-ozouf-finance-centre-helping-to-make-town-prettier/#cB7poRI7bTFXmgTc.99

Published as you may notice on the 25th in the JEP internet edition reader, and if a tax paying islander who is funding this nonsense, it is clear that there are only three views available to you.

Firstly that the unpopular Senator is correct and the population agree  indeed that simple office blocks to be be built over useful ( revenue producing ) public car parks look pretty.

The second view shared openly by over two thousand islanders in a land mark protest at the building of a states sactioned development, plus all the published letters against the development  including the Waterfront action group and  the Save our Shorline organisation all in opposition. However Senator Philip Ozouf is just to thick to get it ?

The third view is that after all the public protest after all the radio and media protests and the public expressing their disgust at the States gambling with public assets to compete with the self funded private sector, Senator Ozouf is saying in his latest silly statement :

Yes we know peasants, but there is nothing you can do legally to to stop the Council of Ministers using the public purse or even car park revenues ( controlled by the SoJDC ) and public land ( controlled by the SoJDC ) with a lame incompetent States treasurer from doing exactly as we want. Here is my Xmas and end of year message - up yours people . I know it looks like Sh*te compared to the new office building next to the Grand, I know we have nicked all the available tenants as the " Dear Freddie letter " said we would causing over supply. We are the Government and can do what we want, so just take it like the peasants you are.

Dear Freddie,

Notice CC. to Philip Ozouf ( Treasury Minister at the time).

http://www.statesassembly.gov.je/ScrutinyReviewSubmissions/Submission%20-%20Jersey%20International%20Finance%20Centre%20-%20The%20Waterfront%20Enterprise%20Board%20-%2027%20February%202015.pdf

It is going to be an interesting new year with the disenfranchised people of Jersey getting angrier and more positive action taking place, to stop this abuse in public office ?

Boatyboy.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 06:14:07 PM by boatyboy »

Online shortport

Re: Philip Ozouf message, two fingers shown to islanders or total denial.
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2016, 11:02:01 PM »
I don't really know how to respond to this article.I seriously think Ozouf has lost his marbles and needs help.
In the article he insists that our Waterfront is prettier than St.Peter Port.Its not a competition you deluded **** and theres nothing 'pretty' about a glass box.Its must be one of the least interesting waterfronts in Western Europe.Wheres the class,the elegance the vibrancy?A bunch of office workers rushing out for a sandwhich at 1 o'clock.
If you want to be further wound up by the JEP I suggest you read todays JEP's article by newly arrived tax dodger Mark Proudfoot.Who moans that houses at the top end of the market are overpriced and run down,local builders are shoddy and have no customer service and how we should open the door to UK builders to come in and do it properly.Nothing like endearing yourself to the local population eh!

Offline ageofaquarius

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2016, 04:56:48 AM »
He is totally wrong about St Peter Port, their town is way prettier than St Helier.  There is no integrity in the planning of the finance centre, it looks charmless.  It needs to bring the waterfront open to more cafes and street food, market stalls, independent traders, give locals the chance to sell their local wares that are peculiar to the ways of Jersey life and embrace the cafe culture of european towns, as an alternative to pubs. 

I would like to see more politicians showing an interest in the future design of the expanding finance capital and. Jardin de la mer is crying out for use as a market force - pop up shops and the like, even as a cavalier nod it the direction of local unemployed give them a grant to get things rolling, help finance a food van for e.g. 

We are all fed up with the way things are going, but isn't everyone - first brexit then trump, le pen etc. the peasants are revolving - so what next for us, same as before or ...what?

Offline man in the street

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2016, 01:20:48 AM »
well the newly arrived  mr proudfoot is correct in the fact that  houses are  over priced.
 in fact  when he has been  here a while   he will  realize  just  how  bonkers  the prices   for  the  rest of  it are too.
 and the fact  that we do  not need  any more uk  builders . i  read  a  remark  somewhere  a bout   contractors  who  build hospitals  for a job , no  doubt are eyeing  up  jersey as  us  locals can  only  appear  to look after  cows.
ozouf thinks  the  town look  prettier  for  the new  finance  block.
  but i will guess  he cannot  see it from his jersey  abode , just anther  lump  of glass and  clad, lego boxes .
remember folks  get get  a few  candidates  to stand .
  get out and vote  this com out .
  and have a good look at who the candidates  are , and more importantly , who are their mates .
yes  Guernsey  does have  a nice look to it when you arrive  to st peter port.

Offline Chevalier Blanc

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2017, 07:59:03 PM »
I truly hope that October 2018 comes around very very fast so that we can get the CoM's out of the States.
America, Brexit, Guernsey and Alderney have all seen the light and gone against the powers that have been ruling them.
So come on Jersey get this load of crooks out!!!!
The one worry is that once they are out they seem to get jobs within the states on committees like the old WEB etc etc. look at walker.

Online shortport

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2017, 11:37:07 PM »
Many of them have been in the states a long time and have already 'feathered their nest' chances are many of them won't even stand again especially knowing how much they are hated.
The problem is will we see any worthwhile candidates standing next year.I doubt it.There are many people with good intentions but lack the skills to make any difference,especially in a system which suffers from block voting.I think our island will continue to be run by big business and vested interests,thats how all our policies have been directed lately.

Offline boatyboy

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2017, 05:19:47 PM »
Philip Ozouf in the States last week January 2017 said that the Strategic reserve ( rainy day fund )  stood at £806 Million pounds.

Is it not interesting that the figures below show that the States feel it is perfectly acceptable since 2008 in the downturn of a recession, rather than help people struggling indeed turned the screw on public finances by offering less in services charging more ( much of it by stealth ) then sticking chunks of the extra money people paid into the strategic fund to swell it.

To me the people of Jersey are being over taxed. To swell the strategic reserve, and nest egg to pay the civil servants maybe ?

The Minister for Treasury and Resources, Senator Philip Ozouf, has published the States of Jersey's 2009 accounts.

The key points in the accounts are:

States Net General Revenue was £674 million in 2009 – that’s £20 million more than forecast. This is due to income tax receipts, which at £508 million are higher than the forecast of £488 million

investment income has dropped 54% since 2008

departments ended the year £7.6 million under spent - mostly due to delays in implementing various projects
there was a net surplus of £71 million compared to the surplus originally forecast of £55 million. Although this will help cushion the island against the effects of the downturn, it is not sustainable in the longer term

underlying, recurring expenditure was up 3% on 2008 – accounted for by inflation and various service improvements (agreed by the States Assembly in 2009 business plan)
there was extra, unbudgeted spending of £12.7 million – to fund items like the ending of the Reciprocal Health Agreement, the Williamson plan for vulnerable children, the

Historic Child Abuse Enquiry and Pandemic Flu preparations

there were net assets of nearly £1.6 billion - including £550 million held in the Strategic Reserve  ( today £806 million )

these figures include £104 million spent on capital projects – including Energy from Waste plant (£67 million)

The States are looking after somebody, but it appears not the low or middle earners ! Also Philip Ozouf in the States last week said that Returns where excellent on the Strategic reserve. Hold on a minute only eight years ago this dropped by 54% and most people today are lucky if they get more than 1% on their deposit so this excellent return we are told of ( given the bullshit that this Council of Ministers puts out ) needs checking. Even so far more has been stashed away than the black hole Jersey is supposed to have. So are they lying again ?

https://www.gov.je/Government/Pages/StatesReports.aspx?ReportID=395

BB
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 05:28:06 PM by boatyboy »