Author Topic: Human Rights  (Read 8057 times)

Jason the Maverick

Human Rights
« on: June 19, 2008, 07:03:02 PM »
There's a danger human rights laws in Jersey are being routinely violated.

That's the view of Deputy Bob Hill, who wants the States to set up a scrutiny panel to ensure draft laws comply with the island's human rights commitments.

Deputy Hill is planning to take a proposition to the States next month. He told Channelonline: "We have what we call a statement of compatibility, stated by the minister that a particular law that's coming to the States is human rights compliant.

"However, there's no suggestion or no example given as to what articles may be violated etcetera or actioned or indeed why, in the opinion of the minister, that piece of law is compliant."

Offline rico sorda

• locked & loaded lets rock rsx
Re: Human Rights
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2009, 05:53:40 AM »
puty Bob Hill was a copper in two of the most notorious area's of London, Eastend (whitechapel etc.) and Lambeth (Brixton etc.) He had 31 years service.

In 1991 he was mentioned in the Queens New Year's honors list for his services to the force.

And perhaps insead of people slagging him off for what he IS doing like using both his questions at EVERY states sitting and has brought SIXTEEN propositions to the States this year so far. Perhaps people might want to look at a few of the other States members who are getting paid the exact same amount of money. What has Ben Fox done? What has Jimmy Perchard done? What has Anne Dupre done? What has Angela Jeune done?

Backbencher

Deputy Bob Hill....   backbencher So every one who has a concern about what is going on should face ridicule.... This has got to stop

rs
one ban away from oblivion rsx

The Backbencher

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2009, 06:20:51 AM »
Okay point taken but when a Chief of Police is being looked into you have to assume they know more than what Bob Hill knows about one area of legislation.

Offline rico sorda

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2009, 05:14:35 PM »
Hi dundee

ok explain this bit

Anyone who follows the words of a police officer is very misguided, one only has to look at the farcical situation of Deputy Hill leading human rights agendas in the Island. Such positions are best left to people with some honour and integrity.

I am not well qualified to speak on modern care facilities, but those in the work that I speak to appear to be trying to achieve the best they can given the circumstances.

So your saying Bob Hill has no honour or integrity

You sound like a politician the reason i ask is because of the way you worded the last bit,  im sad and listen to the states  there is one person in their that uses the word Monies only one

just a thought

rs

Offline Dundee

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2009, 10:24:47 PM »
I agree with your perception.

So here we have a long serving politician who has never really got his teeth into a major committee, he dabbles around the edges achieving little or nothing. So what does he do: go off and form a group of misguided individuals who will snipe away at local issues flagging human rights as their cause, utter tosh and waste of time. Correct me but does he not preside over the parish that housed H de la G. and guess what his major achievement there was, I bet you can't, it only cost 20K +.

I suppose we must give him some credit for what has happened down the waterfront.

As for me being a politician - my work is very far from that.

Online Fritz

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2009, 05:35:33 AM »
Bob Hill only got, "Interested?", in Human Rights when he tried to wangle ,"Quallies", for his daughter.

Offline rico sorda

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2010, 07:05:18 PM »
Hi Dundee

Could you answer this for me if possible

"Just to say that I am fully aware. In the case of ASS he not only let down survivors but then attacked without any justification those that cared for said survivors this is a fact, it may not be in the public domain and may never be, it has to be one of the lowest acts I have ever known of in my rather sheltered life.

All well and good having an another inquiry and strategy but as you seem to say yourself these appear to achieve very little.

Anyone who follows the words of a police officer is very misguided, one only has to look at the farcical situation of Deputy Hill leading human rights agendas in the Island. Such positions are best left to people with some honour and integrity."

Are you saying Bob hill has no honour or integrity could you please tell me why..

Could you tell me about st@art and one of the lowest acts you have seen...

Who has been caring for the survivors. I know some survivors are baffled at that bit maybe you could put out a help line on here or a contact name.

Thanks

rs

ole razzy

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2010, 08:21:11 PM »
As for me being a politician - my work is very far from that.

The same could be said for the vast majority of elected members  ;)

rogueelement

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2010, 10:02:58 PM »
Unfortunately , approximately 30 % of the population of the world , the muslims regard , that we as infidels ,have no human rights. Until that balance is rectified , I do not consider we have a lot to be repentant for.

Online Fritz

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2010, 12:58:40 AM »
Did, "Survivors", "Carers", "Carers of Survivors", "Survivors of Carers", etc even exist before the HDLG, "Circus", came to town?

Offline Dylan

• HELP!
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2010, 01:48:54 AM »
Unfortunately , approximately 30 % of the population of the world , the muslims regard , that we as infidels ,have no human rights. Until that balance is rectified , I do not consider we have a lot to be repentant for.

Bollocks, get yer fact right!

http://islamicweb.com/begin/population.htm
!dereggub si draobyek ym kniht I

rogueelement

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2010, 01:56:13 AM »
I do apologise!!
so since 98% of the world is apparently muslim, we should do them a favour, meet at the royal Square tommorrow and blow ourselves up!
This appears to me ,only right and proper as a very minority race/religion.
Perhaps we could invite Voice for Boredom to bring a camera whilst we saw our own heads off.
On second thoughts , i think ol, crazy should have the exclusive shout on this conceptual living art experience.

Offline newmac

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2010, 02:30:29 AM »
Did, "Survivors", "Carers", "Carers of Survivors", "Survivors of Carers", etc even exist before the HDLG, "Circus", came to town?

How the feck can you call rape and severe abuse a circus >:(

Online Fritz

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2010, 04:28:49 AM »
Good grief.
Up till then I only thought you were thick as pigshit. ::)

Offline Dylan

• HELP!
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2010, 12:48:41 PM »
How the feck can you call rape and severe abuse a circus >:(
Gandey isn't a muslim is he or am I getting confused?
!dereggub si draobyek ym kniht I