Author Topic: Senator Le Sueur as Chief Minister  (Read 3404 times)

Chief Minister

Senator Le Sueur as Chief Minister
« on: June 16, 2008, 08:40:54 AM »
He always covers for Frank Walker as acting Chief Minister so it looks like he will get the seat in the Autumn.

What do you reckon about this?

Offline Terminator 4

Re: Senator Le Sueur as Chief Minister
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2008, 12:17:23 PM »
It should be a public referendum.

Offline Pomme de terre

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2008, 10:03:45 PM »
I can see Phil Ozouf, Freddie Cohen and Simon Crowcroft all having different ideas about this. I don't think he is a shoe-in. He probably does.

Offline ageofaquarius

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2008, 10:57:31 PM »
As acting minister, or whatever, is'nt the job gonna go to him anyway? Le Sewer is next in line; unless computer says no!

Jason the Maverick

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2008, 11:02:36 PM »
It does look that way at the moment.  I think we maybe jumping the gun a bit here though, they have to vote on it in the house and it all depends on what people say in the hustings in the run up to the elections.  If the question is posed "will you vote for Terry Le Sueur" and they say yes, well they probably will not get in.  If they are also one of the GST supporters I would say they are doomed.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 11:04:57 PM by JTM »

Offline danrok

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2008, 11:11:03 PM »
Guns?

A vote for Terry Le Sueur would be like playing Russian Roulette with six bullets.  I think anyone would be better than Le Sueur.  Just pull someone in off the street...

Offline Conductor

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2008, 08:21:12 PM »
Chamber releases Government Survey results

Jersey's Chamber of Commerce has released the second set of results in their 2008 series of opinion polls.

Designed to give business a say in election year, 154 members responded this time round, more than the previous poll.

Treasury Minister Terry Le Sueur continues as the frontrunner for the Chief Minister's job ???, but the number of members who are still undecided has increased.

Meanwhile, when asked whether they thought the Government valued small businesses in Jersey, 72% of members answered 'no'.

The final survey in the series takes place in early September.

Offline The Rev Peter Sarkey

• Diocese of St Swithins
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2008, 03:38:15 PM »
Chamber surveys are a very accurate barometer of the electorate's view, trouble is no- one in the states gives a rats arse about their content as they know they will get by without taking any notice whatsoever.
Its the voting that counts, remember, political engagement enables the spread of environmentally conscious policies. Without public action, thoughtful individuals are swimming upstream. Ha!
"That's not in the effing good book!"

Offline Swompy

• Jersey Beautiful Jersey
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2008, 10:25:54 AM »
I see in Senator Stuart Syvret´s Blog that Terry and Bridget are getting it together, funny where love can land you.
I wonder if money is in spiel?
What ARE you doing to my Beautiful Jersey?