Author Topic: Did Andrew Lewis Lie to fellow politicians, if not why the secrecy ?  (Read 3122 times)

Offline boatyboy

Another excellent article from Tonytheprof's personal Blog.

The internet now allows anyone to research and put a view forward. What does it actually say when the States refuse to allow Andrew Lewis's  and his view shifting statements made to the assembly to be put into the public domain, they're being leaked anyway.

What are members afraid of  " The Truth " ?

The Napier Report states that:

As previously has been noted, neither Mr [Andrew] Lewis nor Mr Ogley saw the Interim Report. Neither did they seek to see it. The reason given was the nature of the information that was contained therein. It was, said Mr Ogley, a police document and it was inappropriate that he (or anyone else) should have access to it.

But the "in camera" minutes, as leaked, have him saying say this:

"As far as the accusation you raise about the Metropolitan Police, when I saw the preliminary report I was astounded. So much so that my actions, I believe, are fully justified. If the preliminary report is that damning, Lord knows what the main report will reveal. So my successor will have an interesting time. The report that I was shown gave me no doubt at all."

http://tonymusings.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/government-behind-closed-doors.html
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 01:57:29 AM by boatyboy »

Offline rico sorda

• locked & loaded lets rock rsx
one ban away from oblivion rsx

Offline boatyboy

Re: Did Andrew Lewis Lie to fellow politicians, if not why the secrecy ?
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2014, 11:47:47 PM »
I was told yesterday evening that Andrew Lewis has decided to ask for your vote so he can yet again become a paid politician.

This thread heading is as relevant today as it was then.

If I might remind readers,   Andrew Lewis ( then Deputy ) took over from Wendy Kinnard and set about suspending the Police Chief at the time, Graham Power.

There is much disclosed after the event as usual, basically that the suspension proceedure was illegal, that Bill Ogley acted outside of his authority as did others, that retired Police Chief Graham Power was never found to have acted improperly or unprofessionally and retired with his reputation untarnished.

So will you be voting for Mr Andrew Lewis, given his actions against the ex chief of police - and what he and others said in camera in the states which are secret.

Should these not be fully published to show that Mr Lewis did not mislead the states and the public of this island - as they say - if not why not ?

More information.

Oh Dear ! Are you serious Mr Lewis ?

I have tonight seen the statement issued by the former Home Affairs Minister Andrew Lewis. In my view his statement constitutes a clear breach of the code and one to which I am entitled to respond.

http://voiceforchildren.blogspot.com/2010/02/andrew-lewis-or-cpo-graham-power-qpm.html

And.

The Guardian.

On Tuesday this week, politicians in the States of Jersey, the island's parliament, debated behind closed doors whether Andrew Lewis, the minister responsible for Power's suspension, had misled States members as to the reasons why he removed Power from office.

The deputy who demanded the debate, Mike Higgins, said disclosure was needed to "right a wrong". He wanted the parliament to agree to release a transcript of a States session held "in camera" shortly after Power's suspension, in which Lewis gave what Higgins believes is a misleading statement relating to Power's suspension.

But at the closed session on Tuesday, States members voted to keep the transcript secret.

Power was never found guilty of any charges of misconduct, and remained on full pay throughout his two-year suspension, which lasted until his retirement in July 2010. 

http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2012/jun/28/jersey-secrecy-culture

Rico Sorda's Investigation.

Nobody appears to dispute that important evidence, in the form of the original record of the suspension meeting was wilfully destroyed.

http://ricosorda.blogspot.co.uk/2010/05/former-home-affairs-minister-andrew.html

bb
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 12:00:18 AM by boatyboy »

Offline boatyboy

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2014, 05:11:28 PM »

An interesting article on the PR spin doctor Mr Lewis,

Quote:

It presented a very heavy loading towards one option, and dressed it up in the most extravagant terms – “little or no cost to rate payers”, funding obtained from the sale of the old site to developers, which is perhaps what you might expect from a Deputy who runs the “Image Group”. It was like a 3 card conjuring trick, where one card is “forced” on the unwitting dupe.

http://tonymusings.blogspot.com/2014/08/why-andrew-lewis-wants-to-stand-in-st.html

Thanks to Tonymusings who takes full credit for the article.

bb

Offline Chevalier Blanc

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2014, 04:21:18 AM »
He tried last time to get back in the states and lost. Seems he needs the money perhaps.
Maybe he is just taken votes away from someone else so that they do not get in just what he did last time . An establishment patsy because that is all he is fit for.

Offline boatyboy

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2014, 03:32:38 PM »

Offshore readers of planetjersey may not be aware of interesting and researched other local blogs one of which has just published this,

Quote which is selective please read full article:

The purpose of Andrew Lewis standing is to try and distract Deputy Higgins from making those arguments and instead focus his campaign on the suspension of Graham Power which, to most voters, is ancient history that they don't care about.

In short - it's an attempt to sabotage Deputy Higgins re-election campaign by dragging him away from a message that connects with voters.

http://tonymusings.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/andrew-lewis-spoiler-candidate.html

Offline boatyboy

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2017, 02:43:27 PM »

Andrew Lewis is reported as lying by Francis Oldham QC and her panel.

This breaks at least two rules - being honesty and integrity in the code of conduct of ministers.

http://www.statesassembly.gov.je/AssemblyReports/2015/R.11-2015.pdf

bb

Offline Chevalier Blanc

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2017, 05:18:52 AM »
He lied to get Mr. Power sacked. Walker used him along with Ogley.