Author Topic: Ministers decide on the release of mental health patients  (Read 7280 times)

Jason the Maverick

Ministers decide on the release of mental health patients
« on: February 20, 2008, 04:19:57 AM »
"Mental health patients could be released from Jersey's St Saviour's hospital before they are ready.

Ministers are being left to make the decision because that's all the law allows.

But the decision should be made by medically qualified staff with expert knowledge.

There are now calls for the law to be changed as a matter of urgency".

I can see where their concern is, they need QUALIFIED expert knowledge for this one.

Offline Terminator 4

Re: Ministers decide on the release of mental health patients
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2008, 02:32:33 AM »
Some of them are running the island.

Offline danrok

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2008, 04:07:52 AM »
I think Eddie the sniffer dog should have a good sniff at this place next, seriously.

Cousinbenson

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2008, 02:10:24 PM »
This makes sense in some ways, after all our Ministers are a bunch of deluded wackos, at least they understand the whole mental issue.

Offline voiceforchildren

• voiceforchildren
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2008, 03:32:09 PM »
I think Eddie the sniffer dog should have a good sniff at this place next, seriously.

danrok.

I don't know if you were being flippamt or you really are serious. If the latter were the case then I couldn't agree with you more.

I would love to see the statistics for that place, the statistics for how many people come out of there in a box. How many people end up with a dependency on pescribed drugs, how many people come out of there in a worse state than when they went in?

One of my friends fathers was up there who had, I believe, an alcohol dependency, he ended up drugged to the eye balls for years, never knew what day of the week it was and came out in a box.

My fathers friend checked himself in there for a couple of weeks suffering mild depression, needed to get away from his usual surroundings and a bit of "me time". Guess what? he ended up drugged to the eyeballs, never knew what day of the week it was and came out in a box.

I know a person who was a nurse up there for a short period. This person resigned after too long, unable to be a part of what was going on. My father whilst visiting his friend was horriffied at some of the treatment he witnessed by members of the staff to one particular patient.

I don't honestly think Lenny Harper or Eddie would find anything up there. It is all done legally, no questions asked!!
An alternative to Jersey's State Media

Offline verystandrew

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2008, 04:17:30 PM »

No doubt, another institution with its skeletons.

Will be difficult for a sniffer dog though, even as good as Eddie is, a flooded valley presents major challenges...

VStA
"Of all God's creatures there is only one that cannot be made the slave of the leash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with a cat it would improve man, but it would deteriorate the cat." Mark Twain

Offline Adrian

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2008, 04:32:32 PM »
After those speeches frankieboy and sir phil made on the 9th of may maybe there mental health should be checked

Offline danrok

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2008, 07:07:28 PM »
I was being serious, and the fact the the valley which is adjacent to the hospital an near to Haut de la Garrene, was flooded does cause concern.

That valley should never have been flooded for on very simple reason, we are surrounded by water, and we have a desalination plant capable of providing us with clean drinking water. Desalination is used elsewhere in the world.  So, why was it flooded when we need land far more than water?

If any evidence was ever disposed of in that valley, it's most likely gone for ever.  Same as all the "animal bones" removed from Haut de la Garrenne.

Offline Hayesann

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2008, 09:34:44 PM »
I have heard of staff from near poaces of employment, walking aroung Queens Valley. A bit far dor bones etc to be found?  ???

Offline One Jersey 08

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2008, 09:15:45 PM »
When I went for a wander in Queens Valley shortly before it was flooded, there were pentangle signs sprayed onto the walls and fireplaces inside one of the cottages.

Then later in 1996, I was driving near La Hougue Bie and I came across the same sign sprayed onto a narrow road. I didn't want to drive over it but the circle that surrounded the pentangle took up the entire width of the road up.

Ive just looked at the map and the road was either La Route du Champ Collin or La rue de la Hambie. I'm pretty certain it was the latter - again not far from St Saviours hospital and HDLG.

Any one else seen this sort of thing?

Offline The Rev Peter Sarkey

• Diocese of St Swithins
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2008, 06:01:43 AM »
When I went for a wander in Queens Valley shortly before it was flooded, there were pentangle signs sprayed onto the walls and fireplaces inside one of the cottages.

Then later in 1996, I was driving near La Hougue Bie and I came across the same sign sprayed onto a narrow road. I didn't want to drive over it but the circle that surrounded the pentangle took up the entire width of the road up.

Ive just looked at the map and the road was either La Route du Champ Collin or La rue de la Hambie. I'm pretty certain it was the latter - again not far from St Saviours hospital and HDLG.

Any one else seen this sort of thing?

This is familiar territory, there was a lot of witchcraft in the Island.
"That's not in the effing good book!"

Offline Swompy

• Jersey Beautiful Jersey
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2008, 10:42:11 AM »
I remember as a very young lad in early 1950´s of stories of boys from "The Boys Home" disappearing and ending up under the sand dunes on the five mile road.
My grand father said that people would disappear during early part of last century
and would end up in a sack out to sea....makes you think ahh.
What ARE you doing to my Beautiful Jersey?

Offline One Jersey 08

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2008, 09:54:29 PM »
Last night  on Stuarts blog an anonymous person posted the following reply ,

Has there been any allegations made to you or that you are aware of, of ritualised sexual abuse?

Friday, 24 October 2008 22:56:00 o'clock BST

to which he replied;

Have I heard allegations of "ritual" abuse?

I had not until earlier this summer.

I was receiving a number of comments which asked similar questions. I responded on that occasion by say - quite truthfully - that of all the abuses made know to me "ritualistic" abuse was not amongst them.

However, when I made that comment I did receive one or two comments from survivors of HDLG in which they recounted being taken to the bunker or the dolmen and seeing pentagrams marked out on the ground. I think one of these survivors named Painesl - the Beast of Jersey - as being involved in these particular atrocities.

So, to answer you question, since this summer - following questions raised on my blog - a couple of survivors did comment that what they had been subjected to appeared to them to be ritualistic abuse. But I have to say, few such cases have been drawn to my attention.

It would appear that the vast majority of abusers have just been vicious, mundane, psychotic bastards.

Who was it who wrote about the mundanity of evil?

Stuart.

Stuart.

Saturday, 25 October 2008 11:24:00 o'clock BST

Sorry if I haven't put the quotes in the right colour.
Incidentally, that question wasn't posted by me.

Offline danrok

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2008, 11:57:25 PM »
You're right about the satanic type stuff which was to be found in those old houses in Queen's Valley.  I had a look in there a few times, when I was a kid.

Exactly who put it there, and why, I wouldn't know.  But, there was a fair few rumours attached to it.  Could have just been other kids fooling around.

It was also rumoured that there was a pentagram thing painted on the top floor of Nicolle Tower, and that the beast of jersey put it there.

One time when I was playing near the tower, we found that one of the boards had been removed from one of the windows.  So, I wanted to climb in and find out whether the story was true or not.  However, none of my mates would go in with me, so I went in on my own, and only made it up a few of the steps before fear gripped me, and I never got to see.

Offline danrok

« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2008, 12:04:46 AM »
This is familiar territory, there was a lot of witchcraft in the Island.

The so called witchcraft which resulted in "witches" being burnt, etc. at Witches Rock, Green Island, was most likely not witchcraft but people practising old pagan rituals, and being hunted down by Christian witch hunters.  There's no such thing as witches.

In more recent times, there has been some weird stuff going on, more along the lines of satanic worship and black magic.  That's not the same thing as witchcraft, but is based upon total nonsense all the same.  I've spoken to people who claim to have been involved in this, and they certainly appeared to be pretty messed up mentally.