Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Child Abuse Enquiry / Re: Child abuse in the Channel Islands
« Last post by shortport on Yesterday at 08:55:36 PM »
Distancing themselves from the real world,thats the Jersey Way.What with the JEP taking stuart Syvret's interview off its on line edition.
It seems that as usual the Jersey Way is going on the defensive.They've already timed the release of the care inquiry with their summer recess,hoping no doubt that when they come back the current interest in the Jersey Way will have died down.I think we all know nothing will change unless they are forced to by some external factors,it won't come from within.If we are frustrated by the ruling elite of this island imagine how the victims of abuse must feel like.Hopeless.
Child Abuse Enquiry / Re: Child abuse in the Channel Islands
« Last post by Jerry Gosselin on Yesterday at 08:55:58 AM »
Bailhache has slapped 'protected status' on his tweets so that only approved followers can read them (and reply to them!):

https://mobile.twitter.com/JerseyDiplo

If one Minister can do it then others could easily do it too. He wants the benefits of broadcasting his spin on Twitter but not the downside, i.e. receiving tweets from voters who don't agree with him. Come next Spring he'll pretend to be tolerant for a fortnight and sit in various parish halls as the voters have their say, but on Twitter it's a different story.

I know of another govt. member who is apparently blocking the Twitter accounts of those he doesn't agree with - and I'm not talking about offensive messages or threats of violence. This could be the tip of the iceberg. It is hard to estimate how many other States Members might be blocking or muting Twitter accounts in order to keep negative comments off their timelines. It would be interesting to speculate whether the Twitter accounts of States Members might fall under a FOI request, but I rather doubt they would.

If anybody has been blocked themselves by a States Member, feel free to share...
Local Media Reporting / Re: JEP- is it worth buying ?
« Last post by shortport on July 22, 2017, 04:10:14 PM »
The harm caused to individuals in this island by its reporting or non reporting and social management should have an independent inquiry of its own.Who is it at the JEP who pulls the strings?It must be the same person/people that have had control for decades.Get rid of those people and we might get some decent content out of our only newspaper.
Local Media Reporting / Re: JEP- is it worth buying ?
« Last post by boatyboy on July 22, 2017, 02:28:27 PM »
The interview on line by Stuart Syvret reported by the JEP has been removed. Some people may say this is typical of the JEP " the forth estate " protecting the Jersey way of acting as the Governments mouth piece to suppress information from the public and outside world. A few days ago you could read the Syvret interview here:

http://jerseyeveningpost.com/features/2017/07/17/stuart-syvret-interview-a-systemic-decades-long-betrayal-of-the-innocents/

However for foreign readers and those that are interested in what the ex Minister for Health including childrens services has revealed it is still available here:

http://photopol.com/pics2/syvret_p1_interview_jep_080717.jpg

Is the one and only local paper worth buying when it again appears to protect the Government by removing critical articles ?

bb
General Discussion / Re: Police and speeding fines
« Last post by Chevalier Blanc on July 20, 2017, 04:05:40 PM »
It is not correct about this.  The person who said it got mixed up with Croatia.
« Last post by Jerry Gosselin on July 20, 2017, 09:09:43 AM »
There is so much legislation constantly being churned out of the States sausage factory these days that I honestly couldn't tell you whether on the spot fines is the latest fat sausage to make it off the production line without any quality checks.

A very good indicator these days of what laws apply (or will soon apply) in Jersey is just to check whether Westminster or one of the other devolved assemblies has recently introduced the latest great idea to fine us for something we do or to further clamp down on our civil liberties. Check the national media each week to see what stupid ideas the Press barons or politicians are now proposing. You can be very confident that some Jersey States Member (nearly always Tadier) will be interviewed on TV before the end of the same week to question why Jersey doesn't yet have that exact same law and when will Gorst bring forward his own proposition?

The longer Tad spends studying his news feeds, the more ideas he sends to ITV News and BBC, who both adore the sound of his voice as much as he does. Example: Wales forces every resident to donate their organs after death - Tad wants to know why we still aren't doing the same thing to help save the life of some guest on Victoria Derbyshire who doesn't have a face but would like one. Tad should donate his own face as he'd still have the other one that he could use. ;D

Childrens' Commissioner? Well that was Paul Le Claire's news snatch of a decade ago which he is now tripping over his tongue to remind everyone. It won't stop any child from being abused but the politicians love it because it is a new idea which hasn't been thought of before, which makes them look like great reformers.

This week it's the sugar tax on the poor. Not Tad this time (as far as I know) but the latest idea from the Jersey health fascists. Why? Because one or more of the UK assemblies is planning to introduce it so we must have it too to avoid looking old fashioned. Dame Hilton's proposed criminalisation of people who feed seagulls? I believe some local councils on the mainland may have given her that idea. One council apparently went as far as changing the day when the rubbish was collected in order to fool the seagulls - no I bloody kid you not! The result was total confusion for local residents but the seagulls quickly sussed what had happened and simply raided the bins on a different day.

Now I wonder if Tad has heard about that idea...  :-\
« Last post by Chevalier Blanc on July 20, 2017, 04:56:15 AM »
I was told the other day that a motorist was stopped for going over the speed limit. The police officer said you can pay the fine now or go to the parish hall.
 Mis-informed wrong posting
The real,"Powers that be", are quite happy to have a snowflake as a figurehead.
General Discussion / Police and speeding fines
« Last post by Chevalier Blanc on July 19, 2017, 06:09:09 PM »
I was told the other day that a motorist was stopped for going over the speed limit. The police officer said you can pay the fine now or go to the parish hall.
They cannot do that can they?
gorst is a very weak man indeed. The Jersey Way still alive and kicking.  They will just not make any apology to Power, Harper and Syvret.
Weak man standing is gorst. He could have made himself look good if he did apology.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10