Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: New hospital
« Last post by boatyboy on Today at 05:41:02 PM »

Yes I spoke with a politician that knows all about the delivery of a new Mercedes years ago.

However the politician involved has long gone. Besides this story which appears very well known, needs proof from someone of standing employed by the States or a member of Government. Not going to happen is it ?

BB
A Better Jersey / Re: The coming election
« Last post by boatyboy on Today at 05:35:47 PM »

Good question Fritz - Jerry is more switched on regarding benefits and how social security work.

I personally know of a hard working Portugese married couple, both employed,paid all their taxes etc, who received child benefit for their daughter for years. This is going back a decade, it may be worth checking with social security but well worth doing some research in my opinion. I am pretty sure there exists a " child benefit " payable per child.

BB.
« Last post by Fritz on Today at 02:14:36 AM »
I,m a single parent.(And have been for the past ten years).
No States department, Tax office or S.S, have ever informed me of any benefit I may be due.
Does this only apply to unemployed?
« Last post by Chevalier Blanc on Yesterday at 03:59:47 PM »
When the new states members come in May, then they might just go back and take it away again. Anything to get votes.
« Last post by Fritz on Yesterday at 02:53:19 AM »
Quite a few of our previous leaders were bought for less than a couple of pints and an occasional lunch, (With the odd new car thrown in on certain lucrative projects by private developers). These were unpaid, already well off, hobby politicians who buzzed on their own egos. How corruptible are our current crop who rely, solely, on their position in government for income?
All the quiet ones come to mind.
How many paid States Members do we have now who do, or say, the square root of nothing but still draw a salary?
Old cliche, "Its the quiet ones you should be wary of".
« Last post by Chevalier Blanc on January 18, 2018, 03:36:57 PM »
You have to understand that with a hospital at £336M will not have much to put into the back pocket but at £446M plenty to go into the back pocket.
Just watch TV on the Saudi Royal Family and all the bribes they get!
You cannot tell me that if you have so much crap thrown at you that you would carry on being a minister unless there is more in it than £44,500 per year.
How much will a Russian give to live and be based in Jersey?  They will have the ministers etc in their pocket in no time at all. We all know how they operate to get what they want.
« Last post by boatyboy on January 18, 2018, 05:35:25 AM »
Last week the preparation cost for the new hospital was reported at £17 million,

This week scrutiny were told the spend so far stands at £24 million and rising with one flat purchased.

Nothing built - nothing past by planning - hospital staff sworn to secrecy - a room of money to spend £466 million - trying to purchase hotels when a complete new site may be required to get through planning - The chief Minister hopes to get it passed before the elections in May.

" The Jersey Way "

http://tomgruchy.blogspot.co.uk/2018/01/another-hearing-before-scrutiny-with-cm.html

BB
« Last post by Jerry Gosselin on January 17, 2018, 11:39:28 PM »
The States surprisingly voted by 24 to 21 this afternoon to reinstate the single parent component of Income Support, which is welcome, but I don't think those claimants with children who have had to suffer harsh drops in their benefits over the past 2 years will get any comfort to know that many States Members who were happy to support Minister Pinel's cuts 2 years ago suddenly switched their votes today to support its reinstatement again in a classic case of flip-flopping.

Amongst those who voted to remove the component in 2015 but today voted to reinstate it again were:

Deputies Jeremy Macon, Kevin Lewis, Peter Mac and Terry MacDonald - all representing districts in St Saviour; plus Deputies Murray Norton, Tracy Vallois, Andrew Lewis and Carolyn Labey and Constable Len Norman (St Clement). This is not a comprehensive list though as I haven't had time.

Three Constables who failed to show for the original vote back in 2015 all voted to reinstate the component today (Crowcroft, Le Sueur-Rennard and Mezbourian).

It is this sort of inconsistency in policy which infuriates voters and has cost some of the neediest people in Jersey two years of extra financial pain and presumably they will not get that lost benefit backdated.  >:(

Get these hypocrites out!
General Discussion / Re: Reform and Constables
« Last post by boatyboy on January 17, 2018, 11:10:15 PM »
While Jerry I - do not agree - with everything the rather left wing Reform Jersey spout, I feel if you live in the island, are a qualified resident you have every right to stand for election. Reform Jersey also try and hold to account the executive, ie the Council of Ministers. Certainly there are many deputies and Constables who do not. I think you are correct about the waste of space Mike Jackson and Steve what's his name the present waste of space Constable. It was a set up and hope a new,decent and credible candidate stands in St Brelades. I like Tadier but again do not agree with all his policies which as I am not his clone, is understandable. My view is based on many things including, research, motions presented, attendance, thought and whether the politician has a brown nose like Paul Routier for example.

You keep knocking reform, actually so have I on certain issues, but in different places but let us know who you think deserves re-election to the states come May. Who actually is worth voting for that actually does work for the people and not swanning all over the planet staying in five star hotels ?

BB.

Jersey Development Company are having to extend their credit due to lack of tenants.

Says the post above this one,

Just bumped into this again

BBC

" A government backed finance centre development is "not financially viable" according to a scrutiny review."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-jersey-34668549

A leading question that needs to be asked at the hustings in May, is why this basket case development carry's on, fully supported by Alan Maclean, Philip Ozouf and Ian Gorst, all have openly expressed absolutely no backtracking. They also support raising taxes and stealth charges on Jersey residents to fill a deficit.

All at the same time saying that the SoJDC can and will develop, even though the offices are not fully pre let as promised and as a sensible precaution against financial weakness in a shifting market. Remember Philip Ozouf's importal words " they will only be built if the tenants want them ".

Bullshit **

Boatyboy.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10