Author Topic: Income Support  (Read 2928 times)

Jason the Maverick

Income Support
« on: June 09, 2008, 08:34:16 AM »
Jersey's Social Security minister says he wants to change some aspects of the island's Income Support laws.

Senator Paul Routier wants everyone with children under the age of 19 in full-time education to remain entitled to sole parent's component.

He also wants to increase the rates of income support to 3.7%.

This is the mid-rate point between the rate of inflation for March 2008 which was 2.7%, and the earnings index from June last year, which was 4.7%.

If the States agrees all Income support payments will rise by 3.7% in October.

This figure must be below current inflation levels though  :-[

Offline Eastern correspondent

Re: Income Support
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2008, 08:16:07 PM »
This man is atemoting to create a burgeoning welfare state.............he won't get a vote from me.........................

Offline more

Re: Income Support
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2008, 12:58:43 PM »
 No vote from me either for P. Routier.For far too many years he takes along  his civil servants, then directs them to do all the talking for him.Does not   communicate with the public, or very little.Therefore knowing nothing of public needs.Get Impression his Department probably is run solely by his officers,Yet were paying him for this?His been in the Ivory Tower like too many of the States members All too cosy.
 In Voting for G.S.T has proved how totally removed from public opinion and needs these standing  Senators are. None Get My Vote.