Author Topic: Senator Routier WTF ARE YOU DOING!!!!!!!!  (Read 5857 times)

Offline rico sorda

• locked & loaded lets rock rsx
Senator Routier WTF ARE YOU DOING!!!!!!!!
« on: November 23, 2010, 11:45:13 PM »
Just when madness seems to be the way forward in Jersey we have this little beauty.

Backbenchers should have to secure seven supporters for any proposition to stop time wasting debates, this can be found at the bottom of page 7 of the JEP.

But let me cut straight to the chase here. Let me get straight to the point. This is the same Senator Routier that voted against all points of P166/ 2010, he voted against a proper functioning government with checks and balances. He also voted against P182/2009

So lets see what 7 signed this proposition for him. I just have to say it " You couldn't make this up"

Senator Ben Shenton

Senator Ferguson

Constable Refault

Constable Vibert

Deputy Duhamel

Deputy Noel

Deputy Dupre

So how many propositions do you think the above have brought to the house this year?.  Deputy Noel and Dupre keep turning up what are these two about? they vote Team Ozouf every time

How many propositions have those constables brought to the house?

He Says and I kid you not

" Its becoming quite a burden for states members and for departments to deal with lots of propositions coming forward which have not been researched sufficiently"

This is just bloody hilarious seeing as it was Paul Routier in the states coffee room during the debate on P166/2010 with the radio turned down shooting the breeze with his chums. No need to listen he said.

What next I ask What Next

rs
one ban away from oblivion rsx

Offline GeeGee

Re: Senator Routier WTF ARE YOU DOING!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2010, 01:55:56 AM »
Well Rico - in the words of another States member 'We are where we are where we are'.

Too right - we are in a bleeding MESS and with members like Routier opting out of listening to one of the most well prepared propositions, and excellently presented support from several Deputies beggars belief.

Yes, we are where we are where we are exactly because of people like him and his ilk.

Offline Dundee

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2010, 02:03:38 AM »
Makes sense though what is the point of bringing propositions that are doomed to fail?  If you can not get a handful to agree what is the point of continuing.
Surely makes for better prepared propositions also, many needed regulations are not getting passed in time, so improved efficiency is needed.

laura lapwing

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2010, 02:22:42 AM »
Mr Dundee,
Are you from Australia, reading the Jep  there were plenty of  close votes during 2010. All debates are important to someone and to good leadership. I thought this vote 166 was supposed to let Mr Le Suer and friends put an end to the Polce chief sarga thing.  There were some very clever and well thought out talks I heard on the radio. So if Mr sorry the Senator Paul Routier was snuck away dossing . It does not say much about his interest in hearing  the others speak.  A closed mind if ever there was one.

ole razzy

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2010, 02:38:46 AM »
Hi laura lapwing and welcome to Planet Jersey.

When Routier ran a low rent fashion boutique in town many years ago he was actually quite a nice guy - well at least to his customers. Now he's a member of the States he seems to have lost his way. In fact I'd go so far as to suggest that maybe he never really had 'a way' in the first place. I've been told that for many years he did what ex-senator Mike Vibert told him (they married sisters), now I guess he does what the Treasury Minister tells him. I think he'll get the 'spanish archer' this time next year - never to be heard of again.

Offline rico sorda

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2010, 02:39:21 AM »
Dundee

"Makes sense though what is the point of bringing propositions that are doomed to fail?"

Come on old boy you didn't even give that any thought did you. Every Proposition is doomed to fail unless pip gives it the ok.  One or even two might slip through but if its a serious issue then its pips call

The debate must be heard thou as it gets recorded on Hansard and least it can then be checked etc etc

Offline Dundee

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2010, 03:36:36 AM »
Then the answer is to get Pif & co to second it simples

Offline Dundee

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2010, 03:41:33 AM »
Mr Dundee,
Are you from Australia, reading the Jep  there were plenty of  close votes during 2010. All debates are important to someone and to good leadership. I thought this vote 166 was supposed to let Mr Le Suer and friends put an end to the Polce chief sarga thing.  There were some very clever and well thought out talks I heard on the radio. So if Mr sorry the Senator Paul Routier was snuck away dossing . It does not say much about his interest in hearing  the others speak.  A closed mind if ever there was one.

166 is history, its done and dusted, as was said at the time we need to move on, its only those with questionable motives they carry on to rake the old ground.

P 101 is the one to hit, lose it at your peril, there is so much spin on this that it is almost impossible to beat, time for freedom.

Offline rico sorda

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2010, 04:15:47 AM »
166 is history, its done and dusted, as was said at the time we need to move on, its only those with questionable motives they carry on to rake the old ground.

P 101 is the one to hit, lose it at your peril, there is so much spin on this that it is almost impossible to beat, time for freedom.

Dundee old boy you amaze me again.

166 goes to the heart of government and lawlessness. What is the questionable motives? evidence is evidence the lackies voted it away

And then on the same post you turn into Braveheart, you know what it must be me, I must have this all wrong I cant go on.

Im finished lol what is the point

lol

classic

rs

Offline Dundee

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2010, 04:43:26 AM »

Dundee old boy you amaze me again.

you know what it must be me, I must have this all wrong I cant go on.

lol

classic

rs

Glad we agree on something

rogueelement

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2010, 09:56:44 PM »
Round like a circle within a circle
like a wheel within a wheel
never ending or beginning
like an ever spinning reel

like the circles that you find
in the windmills of your mind.

Excellent idea that at least 7 of your peers agree with your proposition before bringing it to the states and wasting everybodies time. That requires only about 15% agreement , if you cannot achieve that you are wasting all of your efforts,our time and money!
Let us not forget that it is not just states time being wasted , it is also wasting the time of numerous civil servants and costing millions in consultancy fees , just to make some muppet politician with a flea in his bonnet happy.
Make life simple , reduce the house to 20 or less people , sack the vast majority of spin doctors and supernumary civil service muppets.
You guys do love to talk ,i,ll grant you that ..........

like the circles that you find
in the windmills of your minds!
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 10:09:31 PM by Spartacus »

Offline Mark Forskitt

• A View from the West
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2010, 10:18:03 PM »
It would not be so much of a problem if standing orders allowed a negation amendment, but they do not. The catch of course is that members frequently claim to make up their minds on the strength and merits of the argument. If you don't allow the propositon to be put you dont really have that option!  I was also intrigued by the comments that it was too much work for members to read through and research the propositons.  What do they think it  is like for those of use who comment and make submissions to consultation processes etc and still have to earn a living elsewhere.  If it such hard work for members, perhaps the better answer is for them to cooperate,and split the work between them, you know like they do in political parties , even factions within parties. This proposition comes across almost as an admission that the proposer cant cope with the the work  It is  like  a retailer complaining everything would be wonderful it were not for the customers.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 02:12:46 PM by Mark Forskitt »

Offline tonytheprof

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2010, 05:40:17 AM »
The catch of course is that members frequently claim to make up their minds on the strength and merits of the argument.

Can we have them tested for brain activity with MRI scans?

It is very occasionally that members make up their minds on the strength of the argument, most often they have made up their minds before the debate begins, and cheerfully disappear off to have a cup of coffee etc until the vote. Or they make a speech (to show they are taking part), and leave immediately after - sometimes Hansard shows this when a later speech mentions how it is a pity the previous speaker couldn't have remained.

I remember one occasion when the COM left to go outside and confer, and when they came back, they were now supporting a proposition (may have been Woolworths related?), which is a good example of the Collective Mind - Jung would have been fascinated.

Offline Dundee

« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2010, 12:50:31 AM »
Can we have them tested for brain activity with MRI scans?

If you want it done within a year you will need to go private due to the growing waiting list.

Which is rather baffling as there was a move around five years ago to shorten the waiting list, and scans were done into the evening, it looks like that was another wasted policy.

Offline boatyboy

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2014, 02:56:38 PM »
Within a mere five days two nice pictures in the JEP and on line of a man that does what for islanders exactly ? Stand for re-election in seven months is the answer.

Visiting the Falklands

"I will be taking time during my visit to talk to residents of the Jersey Estate and to visit the water treatment plant, both of which were built using the money we donated to help the islands after the war in 1982."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-jersey-18280148

Routier votes no, to an inquest into a sad death during a minor operation at the hospital.

Mrs. Elizabeth Rourke’ (P.76/2009).

http://planetjersey.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,3316.msg51552.html#msg51552

Committee of Inquiry Toxic Incinerator Ash Dumping in the St. Helier Waterfront

No says Routier,

http://planetjersey.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,3317.msg51553.html#msg51553

The dual rôle of the Bailiff as both President of the States and President of the Royal Court should cease.

No says Routier.

http://planetjersey.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,3312.msg51547.html#msg51547

YES to GST and the Incinerator but no to telling the States Assembly how much the data secret trial cost the taxpayer.

However  well placed, free advertising not once but twice, by the JEP twice in five days for yes man, Senator Routier.

February 28, 2014 9:00 am

Scrutiny panel to look at interim immigration proposal

http://jerseyeveningpost.com/news/2014/02/28/scrutiny-panel-to-look-at-interim-immigration-proposal/

March 4, 2014 8:00 pm

Private health care rule for immigrants?

http://jerseyeveningpost.com/news/2014/03/04/private-health-care-rule-for-immigrants/

An excellent result for two new people that care about the views of islanders, and are not just hollow yes men taking orders on how to vote in the states.

Boatyboy.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 03:06:21 PM by boatyboy »