Author Topic: Deputy Tadier demands the removal of the constables  (Read 7683 times)

debumblebee

Re: Deputy Tadier demands the removal of the constables
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2009, 06:46:32 PM »
Like I said before they only want them removed because they vote against all their stupid policies. If Southern was running the show this Island would go bust in 5 years.

Offline stoofa

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2009, 06:36:24 PM »
Have to concur on that.

Politically i'm centre-left, but the current batch of states members (and recent candidates) flying a flag for anything left of centre wouldn't get my blessing to run a car boot sale, let alone the island. I voted for the status quo at the elections last year specifically to try and stop these guys getting in - I suspect many others did the same.

Offline man in the street

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2009, 11:45:37 PM »
here is my take on "the conetable" sorry i cant make this gramaticalt correct.
 they are part of our history and our constiution, look how far they go back.
this is basic fabric of jersey, for good or bad.
 and a position that can be taken by a ordinary guy or woman if they have the backing of parishoners.
with a bit of backing you could come out of the blue.
 you only need to get past the people with their snouts in the trough. i know the long sat on clothier report said get them out, but this was i belive a smoke screen from others as we all know now ,that the connetable can shut the lot down .
would anyone care to comment on the fact that in history they were the old style defence of the island, when we were at war with france,researvists as such, or were they under the control of the sengnier.
 also part of our heritage. it has also being  posted that they vote against whats bad , well someone has to.
 to remove the conneteble removes the whole honarary system, which give the paid police " carte  blanche".
 not that they dont have it now under pace or whatever you  call it , which is  the old suss law, razzy should be able to shed some light on this.
 i lke monty but in this case i think he is wrong, i a am first gen bean , this is where i grew up , its my history, for good or bad.

sorry peeps ive been at the calvados

rogueelement

« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2009, 07:45:20 PM »
what a totally absurd post, if that is what the man in the street thinks, no wonder this Island is so fecked up! The Constables have done a great job in preventing anything approaching democracy reaching this Island for the past 50 years! I believe they have done a great job for their parishes, but that is it, and as i have said before , should be paid out of the rates of the Parish for the job they do . that means Crowcroft on a similar salary to a "proper elected member" and the Womble on £10 k a year!
User pays right?
I like most of the constables I know , but they are as a group, unfit to speak for Jersey as a whole and should vote, En Bloc as they usually do, to get their arses out of the States.
Clothier made a huge amount of recommendations ,of which ,only one ,the Council of Ministers , has been taken up . that unfortunately has led to a massive shift of power , without the requisite democratic balance. We need a single day of voting , a General Election to get rid of the dross and make way for people (like me , of course ) who could actually run this Island .
Tel ---- Go!
Freddie---- Go!
All constables----Go!
The JDA and all the rest of the left wing rabble , who would not be employed as minimum wage public servants .........Go!
All of the above are vampires sucking what is left of the blood of this Island , please ,please, if you really believe you want to help Jersey, resign. In my opinion, humble as always , you are a bunch of self serving hypocrites who should not be able to sleep at night .
I suppose that is normal for Blood sucking Vampires. I could go on about how sick the electorate is of this charade, but then again ,since approximately 60% do not actually give a tinkers cuss, then I would suggest all of the aforementioned tossers will probably still be dining and wining at our expense for a few years to come. I just hope people like Shenton, Ferguson, and Power gain more support.the new boys, Tadier , De Sousa, the 14 year old from St Saviour, what a waste of space.

Offline imacrappaud

« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2009, 07:41:46 PM »
Very well said Spartacus. The ru(i)nning of the island in a nutshell.

Offline Chevalier Blanc

« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2009, 09:27:25 PM »
Man in the Street you are absolutely correct and i wish other certain people would realise it too.

Offline Calimachon

• http://www.amnesty.org.uk/
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2009, 06:33:46 AM »
sorry peeps ive been at the calvados/quote]

Awwe I feel your pain man in the street.  Marvellous stuff wish I could drink it but it leaves me like a zombie for days - have an allergic reaction to alcohol.  Never mind I can remember what it was like.  Better to have drunk and dropped than never to have drunk at all!  (Ewhhhhh Sorry!)

Is it true that the Constables are the only States Members who can bring a raquet and arrange a disolution of our Government and isn't this a good safety valve to have?  Sadly, the said 12 have got together and use a block vote often  which means they can rule the roost sometimes and get their own way.

Before anyone decides to oust the Constables from the SOJ the whole topic should be well debated in light of the above.

As we fiddle with one part of the Constitution so another part lays weak and vulnerable.  It should be looked at as a whole like Clothier did.....but we fiddled!

Cali
TOMORROW (Noun) = A mystical land where 99% of all human productivity, motivation an achievement is stored

Offline Dylan

• HELP!
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2009, 11:21:47 AM »
My constitution is in an equal state
!dereggub si draobyek ym kniht I

Offline Durendal

« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2009, 01:16:03 PM »
This thread is a bit like dog bites man

I would prefer Constables demand removal of Montfort Tadier from the States!

« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2009, 01:14:55 PM »
maybe if they did not use their block vote, the public may see them in a better light.

Offline Chevalier Blanc

« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2009, 09:57:03 PM »
I said had Tadier been in my district i would have voted for him but over the last couple of months i have changed my mind. He is trying to be witty and it is back firing and he is starting to sound like a pratt. He needs to listen and look before trying to make himself a star because he just is not pulling it off. I have my doubts that he will get in next time if he stands. I listen on the radio and now and then go to the States chamber in the public gallery, i wish they could televise the states sittings then you will see who should or should not be in the States.

« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2009, 10:27:54 PM »
first we need to get the medium wave broadcast on fm aswell, then possibly and i dont know if it is possible , listen again on bbc i player, televising it is excellent idea, thur sites such as this ,we could be allerted to to lets say 14.26.06 (time ) in the days proceedings, and listen to something of importance to us all.
so untill there is a better mechanism in place , to dissolve the goverment , as the constables clearly have this power, they should stay.
does any one know of them(the constables) in our history of them playing this trump card, or threatening to do so?

Offline Chevalier Blanc

« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2009, 04:12:47 PM »
Every Constables is elected. Constables will do what is good for their Parish which means that the majority of islanders are happy. Think about that one for a moment. The majority in each Parish is happy, so it implies that the majority are happy in the island. If not the majority would be shouting to get the Constables out of the States. A very good idea from the chamber the other day was put it to an island wide referendum and if 50% or more want them out then so be it. It has to be a majority over 50%, if it came to say 42% then the States should really go right into the subject of them out or not.
That way you have your answer which would be democratically for the Constables to go. Is that fair enough?

« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2009, 05:28:36 PM »
yes a referendum, let the public of jersey vote on it .
 i will turn out to vote,  those who dont do not complain.
never know we may be able to vote fror our chief minister, but i will not be holding my breath on that one.

Offline Uriel

« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2009, 07:50:08 PM »
yes a referendum, let the public of jersey vote on it .
 i will turn out to vote,  those who dont do not complain.
never know we may be able to vote fror our chief minister, but i will not be holding my breath on that one.

Better to let the public vote on the wholesale implementation of Clothier, than just a small part of it's proposals.  As for the nonsense of moving to a "presidential" style Chief Minister, voted in by the public, the least said about that, the better.